Toronto New Year's Eve Party Guide 2013
Toronto New Year's Eve 2013 parties will be equal parts celebration for the new year, as well as revelry in the fact that the world didn't actually come to an end. Simple pleasures, right? As usual, there are seemingly endless options for welcoming in 2013, the best of which usually offer some sort of celebratory hat and champagne ("champagne") toast after the clock strikes midnight. No money? No problem. The annual New Year's Bash at City Hall is back with The Tenors, Kardinal Offishall, Jully Black, and Shawn Desman.
So put away that Mayan calendar analysis, and check out these options for New Year's Eve (fingers crossed) 2013.
NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTIES: EVENT SPACES/ALTERNATIVE VENUES
Raunch 'N Roll New Year at the Metro Theatre (677 Bloor Street West)
They say the way you ring in the new year will set the precedent for the rest of the year. So why not welcome 2013 by watching people take off their clothes? The Skin Tight Outta Sight burlesque troupe will be celebrating the new year with "Maximum Nudies," "Maximum Music" and "Maximum Party" at the Metro Theatre on Bloor, with guests encouraged to dress in "Hair Metal Spandex Groupie Style." I have no idea what that means. Tickets are $40 to $160 and can be purchased online in advance.
YLMC NYE 2013: Dwayne Gretzky and Summer Fling DJs at the Palais Royal
Young Lions Music Club will take over the historic Palais Royale for NYE 2013 where you'll get a chance to hear what is arguably one of the best cover bands around: Dwayne Gretzky. It's been quite the year for the band — who consistently exceed expectations with their range and on-stage energy — and there might not be a better platform for them to do their thing than a New Year's party. There promises to be a little something for almost all musical tastes. Summer Fling DJs will also perform, and there's food! $62 gets you access to the event and some damn fine sounding dishes. If you're eating elsewhere, admission is $30. Check out the Facebook event page for all the details, including info on early bird specials and a discount via Bicyclette Boutique.
Metropolis NYE 2013 at Metropolis Living Factory Store (50 Edwin Ave)
Set in the Metropolis Living Factory Store in the Junction Triangle, Metropolis NYE is a Mansion event featuring Machinedrum, XI and John Roman. In short; music, flashing lights, rustic, raw surroundings. Sound good? Advance tickets start at $44.50 and are available online, as well as on location at Soundscapes, Rotate This, and Play De Record.
- Voyeur NYE at the Great Hall
- NYE at the Bloor Cinema with the Big Lebowski
- Avant Garde NYE at Loft 580
- Grand 2013 at Liberty Grand (Exhibition Place)
- Singles New Year's Gala at the Bata Shoe Museum (327 Bloor St W)
- Midnight Kiss NYE at the Arcadian Court (401 Bay Street)
- The Royal Ball at Fountain Blu (200 Princess Blvd)
- Majestic 2013 at Sheraton Centre (123 Queen St W)
- James Bond 007 at Westin Harbour Castle (1 Harbour Sq)
- New Year's Eve Cruise at Mariposa Cruises (207 Queens Quay W)
- NYE with Singles at Arta Gallery
- NYE 2013 at the Thompson Hotel
- Toronto Salsa Ball at 212 Delaware Avenue
- NYE Party at Casa Loma
- A Time to Remember at Ganzi on Jarvis
- Shine NYE at Pia Bouman Ballet School
NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTIES: BARS + RESTAURANTS
Luck 13 - NYE at the Gladstone Hotel (1214 Queen St W)
Key words: Vegas-style buffet. The Gladstone will become a sort of pseudo-Vegas for New year's Eve, complete with games tables, karaoke, DJ rooms, and the aforementioned buffet. Games will be played to win prizes, not money, so at least you don't have to worry about forfeiting your watch at the end of the night. Dinner packages start at $50 and are available online.
Nyood NYE Prom 2013 at Nyood Restaurant and Bar (1096 Queen St W)
Bust out the taffeta, ladies. Nyood is reviving your worst high school memory by hosting its very own prom on New Year's Eve. The evening will include a photo backdrop station, spiked punch (not from your parents' liquor cabinet) and a special NYE menu that varies depending on your package. Tickets start at $40 per person and black tie is encouraged.
- NYE 2013 at The Hoxton (69 Bathurst St)
- P&L NYE + White Girl at Parts & Labour (1566 Queen St W)
- NYE at Wrongbar with RAC and Goldroom
- Apocalyptic New Years Eve at Phoenix Concert Theatre (410 Sherbourne St)
- Chronologic NYE at The Garrison (1197 Dundas St W)
- Lee's Palace NYE (529 Bloor St W)
- Rock N Roll Dance Party at The Silver Dollar Room (486 Spadina Ave)
- Truly Outrageous at The Henhouse
- Leave Your Resolutions at the Door at Brassaii (461 King St W)
- Holiday Soul II at Mitzi's Sister (1554 Queen St W)
- Feed The Soul at Harlem Underground (745 Queen St W)
- New Year's Eve at The Local Company (511 Danforth Ave)
- NYE at Andy Poolhall (489 College St)
- Crush Party NYE at The Central (603 Markham St)
- POP MACHINE NYE 2013 Party at What Are You Looking At (966 Queen St E)
- Bangs & Blush NYE at Clintons (693 Bloor St W)
- Back in the Day at 6 Degrees (2335 Yonge Street)
- New Year's Eve at the Bovine Sex Club (542 Queen St W)
- NYYYE 2013 at The Annex WreckRoom (794 Bathurst St)
- New Year's Eve at Mod Club (722 College St W)
- Glow in the dark NYE party at the Office Pub
- Get Blown at Sneaky Dee's
- NYE with Bump N' Hustle-Garage 416-Footprints at the Rivoli
- Lifetime NYE at Revival
- Hungamama 2013 at the Hard Rock Cafe
- Reggae NYE 2013 at Waterfall Indian Tapas
- New Year's with The Brains and Dearly Beloved at Cherry Colas
- Salsa NYE at Lula Lounge
- NYE at the Bowery
- Downtown Motown NYE at The May
- Just Another Night at the Emmet Ray
- Funreal NYE at the Boat
- Pop Lobster at the Magpie
- Do Right and Milk at Supermarket
- NYE at the Stirling Room
- NYE at the Flying Beaver
- New Year's Eve at SPiN
NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTIES: CLUBS
Cirque New Year's Eve at Solarium (11 Polson St)
Solarium at Sound Academy will be made over for New Year's eve, sporting a circus-esque look that's fairly reminiscent to (dare I say?) the defunct CiRCA nightclub. Never mind. The event will include over 20 VIP booths, music by DJ Glew and DJ Mix N Match, a live countdown (of course) and balloon drop. A strict dress code will be enforced and doors open at 10 p.m. Tickets are $25 and available online now.
New Year's Eve Club Crawl 2013 at OhSo Nightclub (and beyond)
Really, who sticks with one party these days? (Probably most people, but never mind). this year's club crawl with start at OhSo Nightclub on Peter, moving onto Crocodile Rock, London Tap House, Tryst, Play on Queen, and City Nightclub. Better wear comfortable shoes, in other words. Tickets start at $20 with limo transportation available for a slightly higher cost. Includes NYE 2013 hats.
- Moskito + Bite NYE 2013 with DirtyCycle
- uNYtE New Year's Eve at Uniun Nightclub (473 Adelaide St W)
- Go Hard NYE at Club 120
- NYE with DJ Sneak at Footwork Nightclub
- NYE 13 at Foundation Room (19 Church St)
- Decadence NYE 2013 at Century Room (580 King St W)
- EMB Party and Panic Retro Party at Nocturne (550 Queen St W)
- Champagne Showers at Tryst Nightclub (82 Peter St)
- Singles NYE party at Crown Lounge
- Cinema Presents Winter Wonderland
- NYE 2013 at Maison Mercer
- NYE at Bloke & 4th
- NYE at Atelier
- Static NYE at the Guvernment
Have additional suggestions for New Year's Eve 2013 events? Let us know in the comments. We'll also add more links to this post as further events are announced.
NYE ON INSTAGRAM
Tag your New Year's Eve photos #blogtonye2013 and we'll feature a selection of our favourites on the site. Not following us on Instagram? You can find us here.
This post was originally published on December 14th. It has been re-posted today for your convenience.