Here are my picks for 10 restaurants in Toronto that would work well for corporate dinners, events and other big gatherings.
See also: 10 great ideas for corporate events and after-work social functions in Toronto
This Week on DineSafe: Riviera Bakery, Green Mango, Amaya Express, Beijing Dumplings, Raw Juice Guru
Here are the rest of the worst on this week's DineSafe.
Whether it's muffins, croissants, biscotti, biscuits or cinnamon buns, these bakeries know their stuff, and what makes the coffee crowds go wild.
Here are my picks for the top bakeries that supply coffee shops in Toronto.
- Toronto Bourbon Week kicks off today, Friday, November 14 with two spirit-filled events held each day for the next seven days. The full schedule of tastings, cocktail nights and food pairings is online, but highlights include a bourbon brunch at Insomnia and a Triple 'B' & Q at Triple A Bar.
- Veggielicious, a two-week celebration of meat-free prix fixe menus, and specials at participating Toronto restaurants (Bunner's Bake Shop, Doug's Public Kitchen and Humble Beginnings, to name just a few) starts today, Friday, November 14 and will run until November 30.
- The Gourmet Food & Wine Expo featuring tutored tastings, a Food Network chef stage and a spiritology pavilion, is on at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre starting Thursday, November 20 and running until Sunday, November 23. General admission ranges from $20 to $45 depending the day.
Toronto Restaurant Openings: Dandylion, Bar Fancy, Wilbur Mexicana, Iberia Sur, Famous Laffa, Pizza Palla
- Pizzeria Libretto at 155 University Ave. is now open.
- Wilbur Mexicana at 552 King St. is now open and serving up a selection of tacos.
- Bar Fancy from chef Jonathan Poon (Chantecler) is now open at 1070 Queen St. W.
- Dandylion, the new bistro from chef/owner Jay Carter, is now open 1198 Queen St. West.
- Portuguese restaurant Iberia Sur is now open at 839 College St. replacing the short-lived rotisserie Paul S. Churrasco.
- Pizza Palla is now open at 280 Augusta Ave. in the former home of Oishi Kada and, more recently, Bello Bio.
- Also in Kensington Market, Moo Frites is now serving up thick-cut Belgian frites with various sauces and toppings.