Read all about Chimney Stax Baking Co. on Toronto Food Trucks.
Toronto Food Events: Ukrainian Festival, Roncesvalles Polish Festival, Dog Days, Mutha Shuckin Oyster Fest
- The Toronto Ukrainian Festival celebrates takes over Bloor West Village this weekend from Friday (September 12) to Sunday (September 14). Now in its 18th year, the street fest will showcase the music, dance, food and visual arts of Toronto's Ukrainian community.
- The 2014 Roncesvalles Polish Festival takes place this Saturday, September 13 from 11am to 11pm. The outdoor street fest will celebrate all things Polish, featuring local and international music, folklore, live entertainment, and of course, plenty of traditional Polish fare, like pierogi, kielbasa, bigos and cabbage rolls.
- Emery Village BIA hosts their second annual street party and wine and beer festival on Saturday, September 13 from 11am to 8pm. The street fest takes place in Humber Summit (just north of Islington and Wilson) and will feature grape stomping, rides, and tasting sessions for food, beer and wine.
- Rock Lobster (538 Queen St. West) hosts a Mutha Shuckin Oyster Fest Sunday, September 14 from 2pm to 5pm. Admission is free, and pints, oyster shooters, and other foodstuffs will be on for $5.
- Also on Sunday, September 14, Dog Days pops up at Montauk (765 Dundas St. West) from 8pm onward. The menu for the night will feature Cumbrae's corndogs and something called garbage salad. Guest bartender JR Graham will shake things up with special cocktails, too.
Toronto Restaurant Openings: Kaffebar, Loka Snacks, The Hearth, LEE Kitchen, Twist, Spin Dessert Cafe
- Kaffebar is open at 2830 Dundas St. West in The Junction serving coffees and baked goods like cookies, cakes and cinnamon buns.
- Saturday Dinette is now open at 807 Gerrard St. The modern diner that took over Hammersmith's old spot has been serving dinner all week and launches brunch service this weekend.
- The newest location of Spin Dessert Cafe celebrates its grand opening Thursday, September 18 at 51 Lebovic Ave. in Scarborough. The chain already has an outpost on The Queensway and other GTA locales like Mississauga and Vaughan.
This week on DineSafe: Bier Markt, Urban Herbivore, Wrapido, Ali Baba's, Bamboo Kitchen, Fit for Life
See which other restaurants landed themselves in hot water this week on DineSafe.