Here are five made-in-Toronto apps that are starting to make inroads in the local restaurant scene.
Here are my picks for the top 10 late night sushi restaurants in Toronto.
Toronto Food Events: Midwinter Feast, Robbie Burns Day, Skin + Bones Truffle Feast, Toronto Sushi Festival
- The first Chefs for Change Midwinter Feast takes place tonight at Propeller Coffee Roaster (50 Wade Ave.). For those missing out this week, the dinner series curated by chef Chris Brown, returns on Friday, January 30 with chefs Nick Liu (Dailo) and Matty Matheson (Parts & Labour) among the new roster of participating chefs.
- Pay tribute to Robbie Burns on his birthday this Sunday, January 25. See our top 10 picks on where to celebrate over haggis and whisky.
Here are my picks for under the radar Chinese restaurants in Toronto.
See also: The best Chinese restaurants in Toronto.
- Honest Weight, a new fish shop and lunch counter at 2766 Dundas St. West, is open for business.
- The Four Seven, a new destination for late-night eats, is now open in place of Ortolan at 1211 Bloor St. West.
- Woodbridge restaurant That's Italian has opened a quick service spin-off in Richmond Hill. Owned by the same family that original founded Regina Pizzeria Trattoria, the new spot, That's Italian Express (10447 Yonge St.), is open for take-out and delivery.
- Chubby's Sub has been in business since 1973, and now the old-school sandwich shop has relocated to 1265 Morningside in Scarborough.