Check out some of the food items from the weekend that are now available in Toronto.
The result is that there aren't a lot of local spirit options yet (there's a reason this list isn't a "top" ten--I think this is all of them), but perhaps owing to the perseverance required to get their product on the shelf, what is available is actually really, really good. While all these companies offer their full product range at their onsite retail stores, here's a roundup of what's available on the shelf of the LCBO, in case you don't feel like driving around the province to stock up.
- Le Dolci (1006 Dundas Street West) is offering family friendly Gingerbread House Decorating workshop on Saturday, December 7th.
- The Slow Room (874 College Street) will host Bestia foodtruck on Saturday, December 7th for a pop up lunch starting at 11:30am.
- The monthly instalment of La Domenica Brunch at Buonanotte (19 Mercer Street) is on this Sunday, December 8th starting at noon. The DJ'd brunch is $45 a head.
- Habits Gastropub (928 College Street) is holding Whisky 101 on Thursday, December 12th at 8pm featuring 5 whiskies from 5 countries with food pairings for $55.
- Dog Days a bi-monthly pop up restaurant launches this Sunday, December 8th at The Beaver (1192 Queen Street West). The evening will feature karaoke and a $13 menu from Rob Webster, Buca's chef de partie.
- The slightly delayed, Wind Up Bird Cafe at 382 College Street opens today Thursday, December 5th.
- Duke's Refresher, the Muskoka spinoff is now open at 382 Yonge Street serving a menu that spans brunch to dinner.
- Two country western bars open this week; Boots & Bourbon Saloon opened last night at 725 Queen Street East; the Rock 'n' Horse Saloon at 250 Adelaide Street West opens on Friday, December 6th.
- Brooklyn Tavern is open now at 1097 Queen East in place of Fare Bistro.
- Classic Wings & Burgers (the name says it all) is in business at 858 Bloor Street West.