Toronto Food Events: Halal Food Fest TO, Carnivores & Cocktails, The Dirty Bird Pop-Up, Craft Brew Cruise, Toronto Taste
- Northern BBQ (originally set to take place this Saturday) has been postponed due to the rainy forecast. The outdoor food fest has been rescheduled for Sunday, July 12 and will take place in the courtyard at the Dynamic Funds Tower (1 Adelaide St. East).
- Halal Food Festival Toronto is on this weekend from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m on Saturday, May 30, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, May 31 at The International Centre, (6900 Airport Rd.) in Mississauga. Look forward to a main stage, demos, sampling, shopping taking place both indoors and outdoors.
- Carnivore Club is launching a series of monthly box launch parties dubbed Carnivores & Cocktails, offering a sneak peek of the upcoming subscription box. The first event takes place Wednesday, June 3 from 6:30 p.m. at Bestellen (972 College St.). Entry is $30 at the door for the open bar and exclusive charcuterie board.
Toronto Restaurant Openings: Sweet Olenka's, Starving Artist, Field Trip Cafe, Miss Thing's, Cosmic Treats
- Just in time for summer, Sweet Olenka's - home to insanely delicious ice cream bars - has opened a new location. on Kensington Market 289 Augusta Ave.
- Starving Artist takes over the former address of Lit Espresso Bar at 810 College St. The third location for this waffle bar is expected to open June 6.
- Field Trip Cafe is now open replacing El Cafecito at 3 Westmoreland Ave. in Bloorcourt Village.
Here are my picks for the top ice cream and gelato shops in Toronto by neighbourhood.
The best ice cream in Toronto
10 under the radar ice cream shops in Toronto
The best ice cream sandwich in Toronto
The best gelato in Toronto
The top 10 under the radar gelato in Toronto
The best frozen yogurt in Toronto
Here are my picks for the top 10 lunch spots in Richmond Hill.
See which other establishments landed on DineSafe hit list.
Swagger meets sociability at Reds Midtown Tavern with chef inspired food and cocktail menus, specially crafted for you to unwind and stay a while. SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar is a little of this, a little of that and a whole new take on Italian. Dukes Refresher and Bar is your local midtown hangout with over 40 beers on tap.
We're giving away a $500 gift card to the SIR Corp family of restaurants to one lucky winner.
Get all the contest details here.