Here are my picks for the top bars on King West.
Toronto Food Events: TAIWANfest, Twilight Tuesdays, Veg Food Fest, Thai Seafood Party, Food Court Social
- TAIWANfest is on at Harbourfront Centre this weekend. Admission is free for this festival featuring Pan-Asian cuisine, Hakka-style afternoon tea and live entertainment.
- Leslieville Beerfest 2016 will shut down part of Dundas St. E., on Saturday from 1 to 8 p.m.
- Toronto Cider Festival celebrates fruity brews this weekend at Yonge-Dundas Square. Admission is $40 at the gates.
- The third annual Coconut Festival and Marketplace is on at David Pecaut Square (215 King St. W.) on Saturday. General admission is free for this coconut showcase.
- Fonda Lola hosts its last Tequila Tasting Fiesta for the summer on Tuesday, August 30. Tickets are $30 for the evening featuring six tequilas, free bowls of tortilla chips and salsa, and optional $2 tacos.
- The final Twilight Tuesdays Night Market at the York Street Parkette behind the Drake One Fifty is on Tuesday from 5 to 9 p.m. Expect food, live music and art installations.
Check out my picks for the hottest new restaurants in Toronto.
However, owners Shawn Creamer and Tyler Cunningham decided to let the place go in order to spend more time with their respective families.
- Salt & Tobacco, which is serving up pizza topped with black cabbage and n'juda, is now open at 521 Parliament in Cabbagetown.
- Montgomery's Restaurant has replaced Tom's Restaurant at 996 Queen St. W. It has an eclectic menu featuring dishes like goose creton with fried bread and lake fish with dill beurre blanc.
- The Dime, the newest $4.95 kitchen from the Warehouse family, is now open at 538 Queen St. W., where Rock Lobster used to be.
- Zimbabwean meat pie shop Mnandi Pies is now open in the 707 Market at the corner of Bathurst and Dundas.