Sunday, October 26, 2014Partly Cloudy 8°C
Film

Rob Ford celebrates the best summer ever!

Posted by Derek Flack / September 13, 2013

Rob Ford VideoRob Ford has had an amazing summer, don't you know? Controversy-free, he's been able to really enjoy the city and his constituents, getting out to various street festivals and even arm wrestling with Hulk Hogan (and winning!). Oh, and he was solely responsible for securing a subway in Scarborough, a long dream of his. In other words, it was the summer of Ford!

Or, at least, that's what this new promotional video would have you believe. "This short film is my way of thanking Toronto residents for a phenomenal summer," the YouTube description reads. "I hope that everyone who watches it will get a fraction of the enjoyment I had meeting thousands of residents this past summer."

I just love this thing. Besides the cringe-worthy production values, it's just an exquisite take on a summer that was probably the most challenging that any municipal politician has faced ever. To Ford's credit, no city resources were used in its production. Enjoy!

Lead photo by Christian Bobak

Andrej / September 13, 2013 at 12:59 pm
Dearest Rob Ford,

Kindly go fuck yourself in a woodchipper.

All the best
Doug Ford replying to a comment from Andrej / September 13, 2013 at 01:26 pm
Would gravy come out of said woodchipper?
If yes, count me in!
... / September 13, 2013 at 01:39 pm
Thanks for the insightful post. Sarcasm is ugly, unintelligent and in full force at blog to.
Seb / September 13, 2013 at 01:43 pm
That photo makes him look like he has huge shoulders and a real skinny arm and forearm.
T. Rex / September 13, 2013 at 01:58 pm
I just threw up in my mouth a little...
McRib / September 13, 2013 at 02:50 pm
any footage of him working, or did his whole summer consist of fishing, arm wrestling, and getting drunk at community events?
Sigh / September 13, 2013 at 02:51 pm
Only the Mayor of San Diego had a better summer. Something we should all be grateful for I suppose.
jesus-h / September 13, 2013 at 03:13 pm
OMFG.

Not only was that a terribly produced video, but who in the hell does he think he's kidding? The ignorant and stupid I suppose. Sigh.
Raina / September 13, 2013 at 03:27 pm
Besides the video itself being awful, that SONG is the WORST THING EVER.

Consider the following:

"You are a little dreamer
Moving up in the world
Just like a window cleaner"

nardl blarn / September 13, 2013 at 03:35 pm
Yeah! RoFo arm wrestled a 60 year old man and cheated to beat him!
nardl blarn / September 13, 2013 at 03:41 pm
But to be fair, RoFo took a difficult year, one that Derek calls the most challenging summer any municipal politican has ever faced, and has emerged from it unscathed. In fact, he is still keeping all the promises he made to his voters and hasn't altered or diluted his message at all. I suppose that is something that is to be commended.
MEATGRINDER / September 13, 2013 at 03:42 pm
HEY HIPSTER MEATBAGS... GO DRINK A PBR IN THE PARK AND LEAVE RUNNING THE CITY TO THE BIG BOYS.

SINCERELY;

ANYONE THAT DOES NOT HAVE A LIBERAL ARTS DEGREE
Sigh replying to a comment from MEATGRINDER / September 13, 2013 at 03:52 pm
I hope that was sarcasm. Because otherwise I weep for your genetic integrity.
Meatgrinder, your Mom called... replying to a comment from MEATGRINDER / September 13, 2013 at 04:06 pm
...from upstairs, sounded SUPER pissed, brah.

Said if you are going to live under her roof, you're gonna have to keep the music down.

And would it kill you to take the trash out for her once in a blue moon???
meatgrinder / September 13, 2013 at 04:34 pm
SUCK MY DIRTY,.............,
Steeler Lager / September 13, 2013 at 04:35 pm
Pretty sure that it is the meatgrinders lacking liberal arts degrees drinking beer in the parks, not the hipsters. But whatever.

As far as I can tell that Rob Ford video is completely indistinguishable from this one:

Meatgrinder, your Mom called... / September 13, 2013 at 06:12 pm
...sister??

(come again?)
W. K. Lis / September 13, 2013 at 09:08 pm
Guess Rob did not buy the video of him at the "Taste of The Danforth", to add to his summer video.
MEATGRINDER / September 13, 2013 at 10:08 pm
Sorry.

I'm a bit retarded.
Dan / September 13, 2013 at 11:06 pm
Ya'll need something else to comment all. Your comments have not improved on the Rob Ford subject just turn to insults towards him and insults at each other on here...
James / September 14, 2013 at 01:20 am
I have to applaud Robbie on this one! I never liked him before but he is growing on me and he never disappoints. There have been alot of discussions about alot of major city improvements, changes that are happening.
Butternuts / September 14, 2013 at 11:00 am
I'm so glad that the sarcastic, bitter, whiny, sore losers that dominate BlogTO comment streams represent such an insignificant portion of Toronto's population. Only failures at life such as yourselves would find pleasure in trying to turn a positive, good news story into haterade. You're all very sad.
Cjergl / September 14, 2013 at 12:44 pm
Everyone wants to shake the mayors hand and take pictures with him. All is well.
Matt replying to a comment from Butternuts / September 14, 2013 at 12:56 pm
They can't help it. It's just the way the Left is.
Daves Mom replying to a comment from Matt / September 14, 2013 at 07:28 pm
Hey son, why are you calling yourself matt and butternuts. And where the hell is my rent?
Matt replying to a comment from Daves Mom / September 14, 2013 at 10:47 pm
Right, because anyone who isn't a Leftie like you and agrees with every thought within your head has to be Dave. Guess what Moron, outside BlogLEFTTO, not everyone is a Leftie drone who toes the party line.
Mutt replying to a comment from Matt / September 14, 2013 at 10:58 pm
You're stupid.
Matt replying to a comment from Mutt / September 14, 2013 at 11:02 pm
I'm sure that took every brain cell of the few you have to come up with.
Noah / September 15, 2013 at 10:07 pm
I think Robbie's doing a great job managing our city East to West, North and South. Are you not living some what of a comfortable lifestyle. Yes things could be improved for sure, but I'm not worried about Toronto's future or my future in Toronto.