Monday, December 22, 2014Partly Cloudy 0°C
Fashion & Style

Now you can wear Toronto street art on your feet

Posted by Natalia Manzocco / August 24, 2014

huely socksThe fun sock is experiencing an undeniable - if inexplicable wave - in popularity. Colourful, patterned Happy Socks are ubiquitous in Toronto menswear stores, and multiple sock-oriented startups, including WeSell Socks and YoSox, have launched over the last few months in this city alone.

Now, another Toronto company, Huely, aims to reinvent everyone's favourite insulating foot sleeve with a limited-edition twist that draws on the city's street art scene. The brand-new startup offers limited runs of socks designed by beloved local street artists, blind-boxed like vinyl toys for that added element of surprise.

The first series, created mostly by lead designer Nate Kogan, also features a few top-secret designs (by equally top-secret artists) in the rotation. They've already tapped a half-dozen street artists, including Anser, UBER5000 and SPUD1, to contribute designs for their next collection, which will be out mid-October.

The socks are $20 each, and available through their website; if you really want to be a patron of the arts, grab three for $50 or five for $79.

Tim / August 24, 2014 at 10:41 am
Dope!
Danielle / August 24, 2014 at 01:33 pm
I just had a 3some because of Huely socks. Thanks for getting me great sex guys.
Greg / August 24, 2014 at 02:02 pm
I was in Danielle's threesome, she was great. Double thanks, Huely Socks.
stonerjoe / August 24, 2014 at 09:06 pm
thanks to these socks I just met two random people off of craigslist casual encounters and had a drunk threesome, much appreciated huely socks
ThatGuyAlex / August 24, 2014 at 11:24 pm
I'll be honest. I wasn't too sure what to expect when I got these socks, but I've had more sex since purchasing Huelys than I have in the lats 28 years.

Thanks, Huely. Keep doing whatever it is you do.
I-Man / August 25, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Thanks to Huely Socks, I overcame my addictions to heroin and auto-erotic asphyxiation, and now, I operate the most successful street meat stand in the City!
Hater / August 25, 2014 at 01:13 pm
The socks are as stupid as these fake comments
Nick hum / August 25, 2014 at 01:32 pm
I like the logo
Nagok Etan / August 25, 2014 at 01:53 pm
Prior to wearing these socks I never enjoyed penis in and around my anus, now it's like I can't get enough! I find it ironic that I store you in my closet while you helped bring me out of it.
Lauren / August 25, 2014 at 03:57 pm
We love the Huely concept and not knowing what socks you would get. Check out Sockzi. We are designed in Toronto and allow you to choose!

We launch our collection on Kickstarter on August 26, 2014 @ 9:00am EST!

Check us out!
Joe / August 25, 2014 at 05:30 pm
If I'm going to spend $20 on a pair of socks I want to know what artist I am getting. I certainly don't want to get a pair of socks from an artist I do not care for. No thanks.
Nate replying to a comment from Joe / August 26, 2014 at 12:01 pm
Hey Joe,

Our goal is to introduce people to artists they may not have known before. The way we look at it - we're curating art. By making it blind boxed, you may end up with a design by an artist you wouldn't have chosen yourself - and you may really love what he or she created. That's our goal. It's partly about the fun of the surprise and partly about the exposure of the artists to new audiences. We work really hard to make sure every artist is special though.

- Nate

Kim Jong-Un / August 26, 2014 at 02:58 pm
Hi Huely sock, please sock me
F. Namron / August 27, 2014 at 09:04 am
Yes it's a little disconcerting that you can't choose the design that you're going to wear, but I must say that I'm more than pleasantly surprised at the new and exciting sexual encounters. Puts new meaning to the term blind-boxed threesome. Thank you Huely!