Friday, November 21, 2014Partly Cloudy -6°C
Fashion & Style

Street Style: Fashion Week in the Rain

Posted by Jonathan Loek / October 22, 2009

It was a rainy Wednesday at Fashion Week which could have meant rain coats and umbrellas. But today's collection of street stylers - including a Fashion writer, blogger and assortment of models - proves a little water doesn't necessitate a wardrobe re-think.
Street Style TorontoName: Gloria

Favorite Item: Scarf

Street Style Toronto Name: Sarah
Field: N/A
Favorite Item: Kaylee Tankus Dress

Name: Sarah Nicole
Field: Fashion writer for Eye Weekly, FASHION Magazine
Favorite Item: Flannel Shirt and Daniel Forest Bracelet.

DS / October 22, 2009 at 10:51 am
I guess hot hetrosexual men aren't stylish... or maybe this blog just objectifies women. I'm not sure which.
TOGirl / October 22, 2009 at 10:55 am
Thank you BlogTO! You just made my day! Another set of really beautiful people! I LOVE Sarah Nicole, Danielle, and Pauline! I find The Scandal’s outfit a little too busy for his short and stocky frame. I think he would benefit from some stripes… Glad to see that TO fashionistas are wearing the hottest accessory-scarf.

BlogTO, please, don’t be discouraged by all these people who criticize your work! Keep taking pics of models-they are so stylish and beautiful. And please, keep the focus on FASHION, not on all this PETA nonsense. After reading yesterday’s comments, I was again proud to be a size 4, 5’10 blond who wears leather and fur.

This is Fashion Week!!! So, let’s stick to pure fashion!
TOGirl replying to a comment from DS / October 22, 2009 at 10:56 am
I am pretty sure The Scandal is straight…
MP / October 22, 2009 at 11:02 am
I love Gloria's simple look with the chartreusey scarf, and covet the hell out of Paulina's coat - great detailing.

Sadly, Sarah Nicole forgot her pants and Trisha looks to be taking that whole thing too far. I agree that Scandal's suit might be plainer to suit his frame, but mostly am glad people are making nice for the camera.

PS Hear hear to the hetman seeker! I see 'em all over town, looking nice, but never here.
keven replying to a comment from TOGirl / October 22, 2009 at 11:03 am
Agreed!

Sarah Nicole's outfit is amazing, casual but stylish. Paulina's jacket is really nice.
LR / October 22, 2009 at 11:06 am
This is by far the best collection of people yet! Love Sarah's dress/coat thing A LOT! And I really like Paulina's scarf.
Gloria / October 22, 2009 at 11:13 am
"[...]I was again proud to be a size 4, 5’10 blond[...]"

Septembre / October 22, 2009 at 11:21 am
Love this post and I especially LOVE Paulina and Sarah's looks!
HI / October 22, 2009 at 11:21 am
I LOVE Sarah's coat!
vivyruest / October 22, 2009 at 11:33 am
Paulina is my favorite of the bunch; Awesome yet classy look, and not over-the-top '80's inspired.

I agree though with DS.... I would love to see some hetero males in there, some eye-candy for the ladies ;)

But over all , great post Jonathan!
Anon replying to a comment from Gloria / October 22, 2009 at 11:44 am
"Hah. I wasn't aware it was ever difficult for that demographic, even one that wears fur and leather."

I think that's the female version of Oppressed Heterosexual White Male syndrome.
piccola / October 22, 2009 at 11:45 am
Gloria, Paulina and Sarah Nicole FTW. Though I do wish there were more dudes.
Lu Galasso / October 22, 2009 at 11:46 am
that suit is ugly as sin. Zoot crap.
Dawn / October 22, 2009 at 12:05 pm
I WANT Sarah's coat!!! gorgeous!
Kaitlin / October 22, 2009 at 12:08 pm
Great variety of looks! I love Sarah's crazy plaid coat.
Josh / October 22, 2009 at 12:23 pm
yes please, profile more men. real men, not hipster boys pls
muchtomuch replying to a comment from Lu Galasso / October 22, 2009 at 01:03 pm
LOL, agreed. Looks like he dressed up early for Halloween. Of course since he's a fashion blogger he along with many of these so called "fashion experts" we'll think he's styling. please.
handfed / October 22, 2009 at 01:32 pm
Why all the hate for The Scandal? 1) he looks like a Real heterosexual man. 2) his suit is properly fitted and has an audacious pattern. 3) the accessories are tops!
handfed / October 22, 2009 at 01:37 pm
Uhm, Sarah's coat -- what IS that thing? I feel like if you're not watching it carefully, one moment it'll just decide to run away...
A / October 22, 2009 at 02:09 pm
do you just walk around looking for chicks in tights and boots?
jack / October 22, 2009 at 02:27 pm
scandal, scandal, scandal... i wish his picture was taken at Hanlan's point, clothing optional beach..
Mike W replying to a comment from handfed / October 22, 2009 at 02:34 pm
Because 1) not really 2) audacious but not in a good way 3) not bad but not tops

Not to mention naming yourself "The Scandal" screams pretentiousness.
mr dumb / October 22, 2009 at 03:25 pm
mr scandal's suit is sort of cool but the pattern does not work with his frame at all, and i dont think wide lapels work for anyone, much less stocky people

sarah's coat/dress thing is awesome

you know, funny enough, ive gone from not giving a shit about fashion to having pedestrian views on it purely through this feature
Jess / October 22, 2009 at 04:05 pm
I like the effort to include the designer/label of the "favourite item". I think that's a really important detail that shouldn't be left out... "Scarf" is not really enough information.
pedro / October 22, 2009 at 04:27 pm
nice group. all of the girls here look fly. paulina is stylin...
conscious / October 22, 2009 at 06:59 pm
EVERY woman here is smoking hot - kudos. keep those tight jeans and whocaresifit'scoldout miniskirts coming.
Alex replying to a comment from A / October 22, 2009 at 08:06 pm
It's Fashion Week - have you been outside lately?
mondayjane / October 22, 2009 at 08:19 pm
Love the pics - but I agree there needs to be more of a balance of fashionable guys. I know they're out there!!

Meera / October 22, 2009 at 09:06 pm
The Scandal's suit is awesome, imho. I'm also amused at the continuing parade of women who appear to be too poor to afford pants.

I'm still going to point out, though, that like the features on days previous, there's an utter dearth of fat, or even middling, people. It's no surprise, of course, that all the professional models are skinny (that only reflects poorly on the fashion industry, not this feature). But the lack of diversity among the people featured unfortunately perpetuates the marginalizing myth that only certain types of bodies may rightfully be deemed 'fashionable'.
cocoa replying to a comment from Meera / October 22, 2009 at 09:19 pm
I think if blogto did what you're asking they'd have to turn off the comments.
seanm replying to a comment from Meera / October 22, 2009 at 09:55 pm
Why promote unhealthiness and disregard for one's self. Not to sound like a complete asshole, but come on now; do you really want to scroll through a feature of ham-beasts wearing clothing that they really shouldn't be?

Also, another quibble, since when is blogging a legitimate field? I'm sure even the fine contributors of BlogTO have actual jobs themselves. Sounds like a cover for unemployment.
Gloria / October 22, 2009 at 10:16 pm
Naw, it's not a cover for unemployment. It's a show of overemployment ;)
gina / October 22, 2009 at 10:45 pm
hear hear, gloria!
Miriam / October 22, 2009 at 11:50 pm
I like Paulina's look. :) Why is the light however yellow and not red is what I keep looking at? Hee hee.
A replying to a comment from Meera / October 23, 2009 at 12:01 am
Meera, If I wanted to see fat people, I would go outside.
Eric / October 23, 2009 at 12:12 am
Gloria wins this blog, forever. Just give it to her.
Jeremy / October 23, 2009 at 07:10 am
Yup - Gloria looks fantastic.

Of all the suit-sporters within the city, THIS was the best you could find?!
bob replying to a comment from A / October 23, 2009 at 07:35 am
And I guess if you wanted to see superficial, shallow assholes, you'd stand beside TOGirl and look in a mirror?
Mike W replying to a comment from seanm / October 23, 2009 at 10:20 am
The idea that non-skinny people are unhealthy with no self regard is ignorant and ridiculous. But cocoa is right, because of bottom feeders like seanm.

seanm: "Not to sound like a complete asshole, ..."

Too late.
dk / October 24, 2009 at 11:35 am
hahahahahah worst suit ever.
Fail / December 20, 2009 at 05:27 pm
COULD THAT GUYS OUTFIT BE WORSE???
This blog really needs to look harder, and be more critical, when is comes to the guys, what a joke. Nothing that guy is wearing works. There are two types of guys on here: man-lady or hideous.
安心 ナイキ ブーツ / October 26, 2013 at 05:16 pm
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on street. Regards