PWYW Communicadance™ lab with Project Rejuvenation
This is a Pay What You Want event!
Sunday afternoon, January 27th, 2013
• Develop your contact improv dance skills and help others too
• Enjoy wonderful contact improv dancing
• Engage in clear and open communication
• Exchange nurturing bodywork if you like that option
This event features a special invitation to Project Rejuvenation and all who are passionate about creating conscious, intimate, sustainable, community of well-being. Each of us is on a journey of life and we come together to play, nurture, learn, and grow in the sweetest possibilities for fulfillment for all. Honour the space and the gifts that each of us brings into creating community!
This event is for you:
• Whatever your skill level in contact improv or bodywork, from beginners to advanced
• If you're interested in athletic, kinesthetic, and sometimes intimate dance form – check out the video links below!
• If you're interested in openly transparent communication and conscious relating
Communicadance™ has been happening at least once a month for five years now. It’s been a rich and wonderful time and has varied from just a couple of us to a max of 26 participants.
If you’re new to contact improv, come and you’ll get the coaching to help you get started. Check out the video links below to see what contact improv looks like. If you’re an experienced contact improv dancer, you can work on your skills and help others too.
The context of contact improv is a great environment to learn about communication, trust, taking initiative, and learning with all your forms of intelligence including body intelligence, heart intelligence, and your sense of deeper knowing. We’ll coach you and each other in these aspects as well. Not sure about anything? Just ask for help! We’re here to support each other, enjoy each moment to the fullest, and to engage the spirit of learning and curiosity.
We’ll have open contact improv dancing at this event and depending on participants’ interest, contact improv bodywork is also an option. For a full syllabus of activities and skills, check out:
PWYW means you can pay whatever you’re inspired to contribute to support this event.
If you want to pay by credit card, do so on Meetup - use only the PayPal option:
If you need instructions for Meetup, check here:
Dovercourt Penthouse (top floor, 805 Dovercourt, just north of Bloor)
Warm up: 2:45pm — Facilitated event: 3:15 to 5:30 — Open to stay to 6:00pm
Wear clothes suitable for yoga or dancercise. Knee pads are a useful option.
Remember your water bottle!
Check out what people say about their experiences at Communicadance™. The most recent comments are at the bottom of the page:
To review general guidelines for safety and interaction at this event, look here:
For a couple of wonderful sample videos of contact improvisation, check out:
The above video link is from a summer contact improv dance festival in Berkeley with many wonderful dancers including Kira Kirsh, Aaron Jessup, Samantha Sweetwater, Ralf Jaroschinski, Elio Scudieri, Ken Martini, Denzil Meyers, and others whom I know but whose names I don't recall. Mark Koenig and I are in the final 18 seconds.
The above video link is of Megan Brown and Nataraj Hauser in
“Contraption,” a fusion of contact improv and aerial dance.
Note: We will not be using aerial trapeze apparatus.
Event facilitated by Alex Perlman, BA, MBA, MEd, MHRD, CA, BPHE.
Among the programs Alex created:
• The Human Interaction program which operated in idyllic settings in the Caribbean islands for a number of years
• Human Interaction ‘88 in Toronto where Alex trained over 70 group facilitators over a 6-month training program to assist him in facilitating a weekend conference on personal development and networking with over 400 attendees
• Conference opening sessions with close to 1,000 participants interacting simultaneously
Alex has trained with renowned contact improv teachers such as:
Nancy Stark Smith, Nita Little, Steve Paxton, Martin Keogh, Scott Wells, Shel Wagner Rasch, Angie Hauser, Kirstie Simson, Stefan Fabry, Allen and Karen Kaeja, Robert Anderson, Mark Koenig, Stephanie Cohen, Karl Frost, Benno Voorham, Tracy Vogel, Aaron Jessop, Vitali Kononov, Rosemary Hannon, Peter Ryan, Peter Bingham, Sean Seward, Joseph Sengco, John Dowell, Ralf Jaroschinski , and Brenton Cheng.
Contact: Alex Perlman 416-429-2468 — email@example.com
Event by APC LTD. © Copyright 2013. All rights reserved.