Dignity in Focus 2012 Charity Photo Auction
Join us for TORONTO+acumen's annual fundraiser, Dignity in Focus.
The funds raised at this event -- from ticket sales, sponsorship and the annual photo auction -- will help us to better support Acumen Fund both here in Toronto and around the world.
As always, it will be an evening full of charismatic individuals, tantalizing music, savory food and inspirational art. Don't miss out. Here are the details:
• Date & Time: October 25th, 2012 @ 7pm
• Location: Loft 580 – 580 King Street West
• Tickets: $40
• The first 250 tickets sold will receive a free beer courtesy of Mill Street Brewery
• Indian-style tapas provided by The Host
• $20 credit towards transportation for the evening - anywhere in Toronto - courtesy of our partner, Uber. If you haven't tried Uber yet, this will be a great experience for you
• Door prizes include gift certificates to Pizzeria Libretto and Nyood Restaurant, swag bags from Unilever-Colgate and Warner Bros, and subscriptions to Sirius Satellite and King West Fitness
•Amazing art available for purchase through our DIF Photo Auction
Advance sales sold out last year, so make sure to get your ticket(s) today, and remember to bring some friends!
DIGNITY IN FOCUS Photography Auction
The main feature of Dignity in Focus every year is the photo auction fundraiser. Each year, Acumen Fund chapters around the world host these events around the theme of Dignity, not dependence. Acumen Fund founder, Jacqueline Novogratz sums up the night's meaning:
“Poor people seek dignity, not dependence. Traditional charity often meets immediate needs but too often fails to enable people to solve their own problems over the long term. Market-based approaches have the potential to grow when charitable dollars run out, and they must be a part of the solution to the big problem of poverty.“
TORONTO+acumen is a self-organized, volunteer-led group that seeks to inspire and empower like-
minded individuals in Toronto who are passionate about supporting Acumen Fund’s mission to create
a world beyond poverty. Our chapter is one of 12 +acumen chapters around the world sharing the
principles of patient capital, cultivating an understanding of Acumen Fund’s values, and putting these principles into practice in our community.
+acumen chapters, like TORONTO+acumen, are part of a global movement of deeply committed volunteer groups spreading the insights gleaned from Acumen Fund's work around the world -- and raising funds to support that mission.