Keyboarding for Kids Program
The goal of this program is to provide a comfortable and receptive environment where children can acquire keyboarding skills. Many students with a learning disability have difficulties with fine-motor skills, visual-motor and visual-spatial tasks. Our leaders are trained to understand and guide children through the process with sensitivity to their individual needs. The courses will offer a "go at your own speed" opportunity for children to learn the essentials of keyboarding.
For children with a learning disability, being familiar and comfortable with a computer can aid with concentration, reduce the stresses of writing and assist the child in recognizing and identifying his/her own accomplishments.
How is the Program Delivered?
* Teaches keyboarding while reinforcing spelling, grammar and composition.
* Uses software that engages the student and reinforces continued practice.
* Lessons, games, and exercises.
* Easy to follow directions and systematic, clear feedback about performance.
* Considering learning styles and accommodations to obtain successful skills.
* Safe and nurturing environment.
Day & Time:
Groups meet on Saturdays
Group 1: 10:00 – 11:15 a.m.
Group 2: 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.