The top 37 St. Patrick's Day events in Toronto for 2016
St. Patrick's Day in Toronto offers an excuse for the beer-loving citizens of our fair city to throw back a few more pints than usual. While the actual "holiday" falls on the 17th, many bars and breweries are kicking off their celebrations as early as Saturday. With everything from parades to parties on tap for the next few days, you'll probably want to invest in a bottle of Tylenol or two.
Here's where to honour the Patron Saint of Ireland in Toronto this year.
St. Patrick's Week | The Céilí Cottage | March 11-17 | 11 p.m. | No Cover
The Céilí Cottage is hosting events from March 11th to 17th in the name of St. Patrick. You'll get to see Irish dancing, live music, a shucking contest, and more over the course of seven days. If you're not an east sider, the Irish Embassy has a similar spree of events planned for the week ahead.
Carlsberg St. Party's Day | Brassaii | March 12 | 12 p.m. | $14.99-$19.95
if you want to party hard, head to Brassaii on the 12th. The King West restaurant is hosting the annual Carlsberg St. Party's Day bash complete with live music and plenty of beer. If you want a taste of what's in store, check out the event trailer.
St. Paddy's Day Bash 2016 | Steam Whistle Brewing | March 12 | 2 p.m. | $18
On March 12th join the local brewery to celebrate the Patron Saint of Ireland with live entertainment and (of course) plenty of pilsner. The night will feature eats by the Irish Embassy, live music by Brogue and Scantily Plaid, and a show by the Woodgate-Shamrock Irish Dancers.
St. Patrick's Day Parade | Yonge & Bloor | March 13 | 12 p.m. | No Cover
Celebrate St. Paddy's a few days early with the annual parade. Got a longboard in your possession? Join the Sk8 Patrick's Parade of Longboarders - it kicks off just before the floats start moving.
The Biggest and Last St. Patty's Day Party Ever | The Brunny | March 17 | 5 p.m. | $18.50
If you're bitter about kissing The Brunny goodbye at the end of the month wish it a fond farewell at its St. Paddy's event. Expect cheap beer, live music and all the usual shenanigans that usually go down at the famed party hub. Note: if you can't make it out on the 17th, you'll still be able to have one last hurrah at it's closing party on the 18th.
The St. Patrick's Day Loft Party | 99 Sudbury | March 19 | 2 p.m. | $20
Want to throw a jam for St. Paddy's but don't want the hassle of cleaning up crushed beer cans and crumbs? 99 Sudbury is throwing the ultimate house party in honour of the Patron Saint of Ireland complete with games, pilsner and good company.
GUINNESS SPD 2016 | Polson Pier | March 19 | 11 a.m. | $20
Dust off your finest green gear on St. Patrick's Day and head to Polson Pier for a full-blown bash. The event goes down in a massive heated tent and features live music by Canadian bands and DJs, a free pancake breakfast and plenty of food and brews. It sells out every year, so you'll want to get your hands on tickets ASAP.
St. Paddy's Day | Amsterdam BrewHouse | March 19 | 11 a.m. | $25-$30
Amsterdam BrewHouse is pulling out all the stops for its post-St. Patrick's Day soiree. There'll be a live band, video DJ battles, a free pancake breakfast, traditional Irish entertainment, a Jameson whisky bar and more. Bonus: the brewery is crafting an authentic Irish stout on site.
- St. Patrick's Week | Irish Embassy | March 11-19 | Times Vary | No Cover
- Anarchy Saturdays: Pre-Paddy's Green Glow Party | Firkin on King | March 12 | 10 p.m. | No Cover
- St. Patrick's Cilidh | Montgomery's Inn | March 12 | 7 p.m. | $5
- Irish 4 a CURE | The Everleigh | March 12 | 3 p.m. | $50
- St. Patio's Day 2016 | The Drake Hotel | March 13 | 1 p.m. | No Cover
- St. Patrick's Day Eve with The Mahones | Phoenix | March 16 | 8 p.m. | $20
- GET LO: St. Paddy's Day | Clinton's Tavern | March 17 | 10 p.m. | No Cover
- The Lucky Ball | Revival | March 17 | 7 p.m. | $100
- Happy St. Patrick's Day | Madison Avenue Pub | March 17 | 6 p.m. | $5
- St. Paddy's Day Extravaganza | Gladstone Hotel | March 17 | 12 p.m. | No Cover
- St Paddy's Day | Nightowl | March 17 | 4 p.m. | No Cover
- St. Paddy's Caskade | Mascot Brewery | March 17 | 2 p.m. | $13-$25
- 38th Martian Awareness Ball | Horseshoe Tavern | March 17 | 8:30 p.m. | $10
- St. Patrick's Day Brewmasters Dinner | Mill Street Brew Pub | March 17 | 6:30 p.m. | No Cover
- Rant Maggie Rant | Hugh's Room | 8:30 p.m. | $25
- Hart House St. Patrick's Day Ceili | Hart House | March 17 | 8 p.m. | $10
- HAPA St. Patrick's Day | Hapa Izakaya | March 17 | 10 p.m. | No Cover
- Get Lucky! | The Boat | March 17 | 8 p.m. | $10
- St. Paddy's Day Party | Linsmore Tavern | March 17 | 7:30 p.m. | $10
- St. Patrick's Carnival 2016 | Fiction Nightclub | March 17 | 9 p.m. | $16.50
- St. Patrick's Day 2016 | Firkin on Harbour | March 17 | 11 a.m. | No Cover
- St. Patrick's Day 2016 | Firkin on Yonge | March 17 | 11 a.m. | No Cover
- St. Patrick's Day 2016 | Firkin on King | March 17 | 11 a.m. | No Cover
- St. Patrick's Day Bash featuring The Clearing | Drums N Flats | March 17 | 8 p.m. | No Cover
- Jameson presents St Patrick's Day Live | Miss Thing's | March 17 | 8 p.m. | $11.20
- St. Patrick's Day Party | NEST | March 17 | 10 p.m. | $20
- St. Patrick's Day | The Citizen | March 17 | 4 p.m. | No Cover
- The Addisons' St. Patrick's Day | The Addisons Residence | March 17 | 5 p.m. | No Cover
- The Biggest St. Patties Day Bash | Orchid | March 17 | 10 p.m. | $13.50
What did I miss? Add more St. Patrick's Day parties to the comments.
Photo via Steam Whistle's Facebook page.