Toronto Restaurant Openings: Sea Witch, Mamakas, The Well, Ronnie B's Southern Kitchen & Taps
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Sea Witch is now open at 636 St. Clair Ave. West, offering a menu of fried fish, chips in a cone and halibut-topped poutines.
- Mamakas, a new Greek taverna opens to the public on Tuesday, August 12 at 80 Ossington Ave.
- The Well, a new restaurant and bar, is now open at 121 Ossington Ave. In addition to beers and bites, expect to find boardgames on hand as well as regular programming of DJ nights and comedy shows.
- Montreal's build-your-own-poutine palace, Poutineville opens next week on Thursday (August 14) at 296 Brunswick Ave. in the Annex.
- Greenhouse Juice Co. (5 Macpherson Ave.) has unveiled expansion plans to open two more stores in the coming months - one in Leslieville at 2 Strange St., where its commissary already resides, as well as another at Yonge and Briar Hill. The organic cold-pressed juice company has also launched an online store, complete with doorstep delivery.
- Local 1794, a new public house, is in the works at 1794 Danforth Ave.
- Ronnie B's Southern Kitchen & Taps is taking over the former address of Omi at 243 Carlton St. Expect Southern dishes like gumbo, po' boys and chicken and waffles plus live jazz music on Sundays.
- As previously reported, Bellwoods Brewery is expanding with a second location soon to go in at 950 Dupont St.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org