Toronto Food Events: Night It Up, TUM, Whole Hog Butchery, Marben Sausage League, Filipino Street Eats
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Night It Up night market starts tonight Friday, July 11 and will run until Sunday, July 13 at the Markham Civic Centre (101 Town Centre Blvd.). This year's event promises more than 100 food, merchandise and game booths.
- The Toronto Underground Market returns to 99 Sudbury this Saturday, July 12 from 5pm. Tickets ($15) are still available for the food fest, featuring vendors like Hotbunzz, Big E's Hawaiian Grinds and La Brea Food.
- The Depanneur (1033 College St.) and Michael Kirkwood present a Whole Hog Butchery workshop on Monday, July 14. The two-hour class will cover how to break down a whole animal in the kitchen. Tickets are $40.
- The fourth annual Marben Sausage League competition is back Tuesday, July 15 at 5:30pm. The sausage-themed cook-off commences with Rock Lobster and Origin battling it out at Marben (488 Wellington St. West) for diners' votes and the right to move on in a round robin tournament.
- Hooked Catering will host a pop-up at Propeller Coffee (50 Wade Ave.) on Saturday, July 19 from 6pm to 11pm. Early bird tickets ($40) are on sale until July 16 for the event, featuring DIY dinner party workshops at interactive food stations.
- Kain Kalye: Filipino Street Eats Competition will take place during the ninth annual KULTURA Filipino Arts Festival at Artscape Wychwood Barns (601 Christie St.) on Sunday, August 10 from noon to 7pm. The free event will pit Toronto's top Filipino restaurants against each other as they create interpretations of regional Philippine roadside cuisine.
- The Universal Grill is doing a Suffering Succotash BBQ special, featuring jerk chicken and BBQ ribs with all the fixin's (yam fries, coleslaw, succotash), for $16 every Friday in July and August.
Photo of Night It Up by Sandra Chow.