Toronto Food Events: Toronto Taste, Lobsterfest Sundays, FeastON, Campo Viejo Pop Up, PintxoTO
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Toronto Taste, Second Harvest's fundraiser food fest takes place on Sunday, June 8 at Corus Quay (25 Dockside Dr.). The event will feature 70 gourmet food and beverage stations. Tickets for are $250 (with a tax receipt issued for $125).
- Lobsterfest Sundays start June 8 at The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen St. West). The $37 meal features a one-pound lobster, bottle of Corona and all the fixings. Bibs and lobster crackers are included.
- Celebrate Local Food Week at FeastON, a free pop-up event on June 7 at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Ave.). Chefs from Ciboulette et Cie (Midland), The Masonry (Perth County), and Mercer Hall (Stratford) will cook up seasonal dishes sourced from the Brick Works farmers market; plus, enjoy cooking demos, tastings and contests.
- Campo Viejo Pop Up Restaurant is happening Thursday, June 12 at 2nd Floor Events (461 King St. West) from 6pm. The $75 dinner, from Stuart Cameron (Patria) and María José San Román (of Michelin star-awarded Monastrell in Alicante, Spain), will feature five courses and the wines of Campo Viejo, introduced by winemaker Roberto Vicente.
- Tickets are on sale now for PintxoTO, a snack-sized Spanish food fest from the the same team behind YumCha. Held on Sunday, July 6 over two sessions (11:30am and 1:30pm) at 395 Wellington Ave. West, the event will feature vendors including Cava, Carmen, Torito, Patria, Pimenton and Marben selling miniature dishes for $2 to $7.
- Join Dali Chehimi on Sunday, June 15 at The Depanneur (1033 College St. West) for a supper club instalment titled Taste of the Tunisian Coast. Tickets are $40, and it's BYOB.
Photo via the Drake Hotel website.