Toronto Food Events: Caplanskypalooza!, Vegan Pop Up, The Tablesetters, Toronto Wine & Spirit Festival
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The Junction Craft Food Truck Series is back all weekend with Frankie Fettuccine at the Junction Craft Brewery (90 Cawthra Ave.) on Saturday, June 14 from noon 'til 6pm. Tickets for a special Father's Day edition on Sunday, June 15 are $25 and include beers and BBQ from Hogtown Smoke.
- Vegan Pop Up Shop will take place Sunday, June 15th at Bento Miso (862 Richmond St.). Vendors like ApieCalypseNow! and Hot Beans will be in there between 11am and 5 pm, showcasing baked goods, meals, snacks, body care items, zines and more.
- Insomnia Restaurant & Lounge (563 Bloor St. West) presents the next instalment of The Tablesetters on Monday, June 16. This month, the guest chef dinner series will feature a one-night-only street snacks-inspired menu by chef Joe Friday. Advance tickets for the five-course prix fixe menu are $30, or $40 at the door. The menu will also be available a la carte from 7pm to 2am, space permitting.
- Caplanskypalooza! honours the six-year anniversary of Caplansky's Deli on June 16. (They're also celebrating the launch of a new signature beer: Deli King, a spiced rye dark lager.) The party kicks off at 8pm at 356 College St. with food truck Thunderin' Thelma in service onsite.
- Now in its sixth year, the Toronto Wine & Spirit Festival returns to Sugar Beach the weekend of June 19 to 21. Advance tickets are $21.50 for the festival featuring wine samples, craft beers, and fine spirits, plus pairing seminars and live music on the waterfront.
- Fresh City Open Farm kicks off a new season Sunday, June 22 from 1pm to 5pm at Downsview Park (70 Canuck Ave.). Shop the artisan food and farmer's market, see bees from the Toronto Beekeepers Co-op, partake in a scavenger hunt, or tour the farm.
- Toronto's first Craft Brew Cruise aboard The River Gambler sets sail on Saturday, September 13. The maiden voyage will feature 12 Ontario craft brewers showcasing their brews over a 3 hour tour that departs from Queens Quay. Tickets are $40.
Photo of the Wine and Spirit Festival by Jesse Milns