The top 10 places to go on Iced Tea Day in Toronto
National Iced Tea Day is happening this coming Tuesday June 10th giving us an excuse to beat the heat, raise a glass and celebrate the refreshing goodness of this all time summer fave. What are you going to do? Why not celebrate at a chilled tea party by sampling new brews, sip featured spiked teas on ice at a local bar, listen to live music at Yonge-Dundas Square or cool down with an iced tea ice pop.
Here are 10 ways to celebrate Iced Tea Day 2014 in Toronto.
- Yonge & Dundas Square will be its usual hub of activity with live music during lunch and plenty of free tea tastings courtesy of Pure Leaf Real Brewed Tea. Try 3 Pure Leaf flavours including Unsweetened, Lemon and Raspberry. (11am - 3pm)
- Tealish will offer any 16oz iced tea made from any fine loose tea in stock for just $1.
- Grasshopper will celebrate the day by showing off its new line-up of iced jasmine green teas in flavours like lichee, mango, passion fruit, mint or strawberry for just $2.
- Teavana, the Starbucks-owned tea house, will be offering free raspberry limeade iced tea in store with any fine tea or tea bar purchase.
- Majesteas in Leslieville plans to spend the day sampling its new sangria blend on ice.
- Bampot Bohemian House of Tea celebrates the day with a buy one get one 50% off special on all iced teas and new Bampops, iced tea popsicles
- The Drake General Store has stocked their coolers with Wild Child 's Kitchen all natural chamomile and apricot ice pops just in time for the celebratory day.
SPIKED TEA FEATURES
- Northwood plans to get in the spirit with a featured cold-brewed iced tea cocktail ($11) blended with orange liqueur just for the occasion.
- Voodoo Child on College plans to feature their bourbon iced tea mixed up with Jim Beam and Sloane Persian Palace tea with maple and lemon. Regularly $10, the Iced Tea Day special will be available for a cool $8.
- Smoque N Bones plans to add a cheers-worthy shot of bourbon to the house sweet tea. On the menu for the day for $9.
Thanks to Pure Leaf for sponsoring our coverage of iced tea day in Toronto.
What did I miss? Add any other iced tea day events or deals you know about to the comments below.