Toronto Restaurant Openings: People's Eatery, Little Fin, Baker and Scone, Good Son, Rock Lobster 3, Bebop
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- People's Eatery, the new two-storey snack bar from Dustin Gallagher and the team behind 416 Snack Bar, is now open at 307 Spadina Ave. in Chinatown.
- Chococrepe Cafe, Cocktails & Co. (620 Queen St. West) is newly reopened after a renaming and revamping. The now-licensed creperie has pared down its food menu and added a cocktail list.
- Baker and Scone is now open at 693 St. Clair Ave. West, offering freshly baked scones in a wide range of flavours.
- Rock Lobster Food Co. is bringing a taste of the east coast to the east side, with a third outpost set to open at 1192 Queen St. East in June. The new spot will boast the most space in all of Leslieville, with plans for three patios. They'll tailor the menu to the neighbourhood, with a kids' menu and an expanded selection of raw bar offerings.
- Good Son has posted its impending arrival on the windows at 1096 Queen St. West, taking over the address recently vacated by Nyood.
- Bebop is apparently opening at the same site as Pai, the long-awaited new project from Jeff and Nuit Regular (Sabai Sabai, Sukhothai). Bebop will reportedly be a separate concept from Pai, with its own menu.
- Fiore restaurant is no longer at 4 Temperance St. Signage indicates that something called Little Fin is moving in. It'll be owned by the same people as The Chase and I'm told will feature lower priced fare like fish tacos.
- Peter Pan Bistro, the longtime occupant of 373 Queen St. West, is reportedly closed, and the space is in transition. [The Grid]
- Arz Fine Foods, the Middle Eastern grocer has been purchased by Loblaws for an disclosed sum. [Financial Post]
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com