Toronto Restaurant Openings: Big Moe's Burgers, Bello Bio, Mata Petisco Bar, Gusto 501, Bacon Nation
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Big Moe's Burgers has expanded from Scarborough to the downtown core, with a new location now open at 372 Yonge St. (at Gerrard).
- College Station Cafe, a new sandwich bar and bake shop, has opened at 6 College St.
- Bello Bio, a fine foods shop focused on prepared foods for specialty diets, has replaced Oishi Kada at 280 Augusta Ave. in Kensington Market.
- Mata Petisco Bar, a new South American eatery with a focus on sharing plates, is opening in Keriwa's old space at 1690 Queen St. West this June.
- Junk, the new restaurant from The Food Dudes and Matt Blondin, was announced earlier this year, though now we can confirm that it's slated to go in at 88 Ossington Ave, formerly home to Levack Block.
- A new ice cream-focused spot from Rosanne Pezzelli of Bakerbots is opening at 93 Ossington Ave.
- Gusto 501, an offshoot of Gusto 101, is taking over 501 King St E. Just don't expect it open anytime soon - the building is expected to undergo major renovations over the next year. [Eater]
- Cluny, a massive French bistro and boulangerie, will soon add to the number of restaurant options in the Distillery District when it opens in the coming weeks.
- Bacon Nation, the food truck and CNE favourite, is moving into the pop-up space at 170 Spadina Ave. - the same spot that launched Come and Get It.
- Signs indicate a new spot, White Elephant, is taking over the former home of Atelier Bistro at 366 Queen St. East (at Parliament St.)
- The Greek looks poised to open its second location any time now at 370 College St., formerly the site of Jungle Juice.
- Burger Bass at 1076 Queen St. West has hit the deadpool. Not even r/toronto could save it.
- Gelato Pizza at 1091 Queen St. East in Leslieville has closed.
- Colette, the new restaurant at The Thompson Hotel (550 Wellington Ave.) from The Chase Hospitality Group, isn't opening 'til later this summer, though a promotional Colette food truck has already begun roaming the streets two days a week to build hype and share goodies from the new menu.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com