Toronto Food Events: Terroir, Taste of Toronto, Sliced After Dark, Mindfulness & Martinis, CraveTO
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The Terroir Hospitality Symposium takes place at Arcadian Court (401 Bay St.) on Monday, May 12. The daylong event, geared toward industry professionals, features presenters like David Chang (Momofuku), Daniel Boulud (Cafe Boulud), Group of Seven Chefs and more. Tickets are $229.
- Sliced After Dark, a weekly night of tapas tasting (with bubbly), continues every Wednesday in May at Sliced (650 Bay St.). The $35 menu spotlights cheese, charcuterie, spanakopita dumplings, and more.
- Tickets for Taste of Toronto at Fort York (July 24-27) are on sale now, starting at $30. The international festival will debut in Toronto with a program of cooking classes, demos and tasting opportunities. Headlining the event are celebrity chefs including Mark McEwan, Carl Heinrich (Richmond Station), Ben Heaton (The Grove), Stuart Cameron (Patria, Weslodge, Byblos), and more.
- The Gladstone (1214 Queen St. West) launches Mindfulness & Martinis on Thursday, May 22. Tickets are $15 in advance or $20 at the door for the new monthly cabaret series.
- Gluten Freedom Week kicks off May 25 and runs until May 31. Participating restaurants, including Tabule, Delux and El Caballito, will offer wheatless, three-course prix fixe menus throughout the weeklong event.
- Le Dolci (1006 Dundas St. West) celebrates their third anniversary with a birthday pop-up on Sunday, May 5 from noon to 5pm. The event is the first in a summerlong Sunday Pop-Up series; later installments are set to include a market featuring local vendors like HotBunzzTO.
- CraveTO, an outdoor event showcasing street food and craft beer, is slated for Friday, May 30 from 5pm to 11pm at Wychwood Barns (601 Christie St.). General admission is $16.75, while Amsterdam Brewery beer and food from vendors like Food Dudes, Tocino Boys and Pizzeria Libretto will be $5 each.
- Paintbox Bistro (555 Dundas St. East) hosts an open house on Thursday, May 22 from 5pm to 8pm. The free event will feature complimentary food, beverages and live entertainment.
- Food Share is campaigning for donations to replace the cargo van used in their School Grown program, which gives high school students full-time summer jobs farming and selling what they grow.
Photo of Tabule by Jesse Milns.