Monday, September 22, 2014Mostly Cloudy 13°C
Eat & Drink

40 photos from Hamilton's massive food truck festival

Posted by Liora Ipsum / May 5, 2014

sew hungryThe SEW Hungry food truck festival took over politely imposed itself on Hamilton's Ottawa St. this past Friday, bringing together almost 35 food trucks from across Southern Ontario (including a number of familiar faces from Toronto). Stretched along a major street, the festival didn't even shut down car traffic - and yet, somehow, this celebration of street food was one of the most jovial and civilized food truck rallies I've ever attended.

Check this photo gallery for all the SEW Hungry 2014 action

Toucan Sam / May 5, 2014 at 03:50 pm
This. Looks. Awesome.
Cam / May 5, 2014 at 04:09 pm
Food was great but the event would have been 10x better if they just shut down Ottawa St from vehicle traffic. Between the huge lines, small sidewalks and just a ton of people, dogs, bikes and babies there was no room to fully take everything in.
Hamburger Helper / May 5, 2014 at 05:01 pm
Burger and fries, burgers and fries. When I lived in Europe, that's what they told me: "You North Americans only eat burgers and fries." I would say, "Nah, it's not true. That's a just stereotype. Please don't generalise." But now I see that it's painfully correct.
allen / May 5, 2014 at 08:02 pm
Cant wait to be in there next year!

Me.n.u Get It?
Yo dude replying to a comment from allen / May 5, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Stop shilling.
Pieter deJonge / May 5, 2014 at 10:21 pm
Great photos and writeups ! Thanks for coming out guys !
Dat Sun / May 5, 2014 at 10:21 pm
I was appalled at the lack of gloves used at this festival. I'm afraid of MRSA and Hepatitis C from the people who work in food service, especially those who are from Hamilton.
Oreste / May 6, 2014 at 12:45 am
Oh man I regret not getting a chance to taste all that deliciousness. Many thanks to you both.
Bistro Tour FT replying to a comment from Hamburger Helper / May 6, 2014 at 02:53 pm
Perhaps you didn't stop by Bistro Tour, because we do NOT sell burgers or fries. In fact, we don't have a grill or a deep fryer on our truck. You might be pleasantly surprised by what we offer. We only serve healthy gourmet food prepared by an actual chef.
Great British Bake replying to a comment from Hamburger Helper / May 6, 2014 at 06:07 pm
We appreciate your comments but we agree with Bistro Tour. The Great British Bake make everything from scratch using real ingredients and local suppliers. We have NEVER used a fryer on our truck. Everything we make is based on recipes handed down over the generations, is created with love and care and we bake our products.
BistroBitch replying to a comment from Bistro Tour FT / May 6, 2014 at 06:26 pm
Wow Bistro Tour, cocky much? I had food from you guys and it was complete tasteless crap, so I guess the "actual real chef" you had working is a complete idiot. And by your shitty cocky attitude its quite clear you wont go far.

Avoid.
hotel santika yogyakarta / May 6, 2014 at 07:26 pm
It's amazing for me to have a site, which is useful designed for my
know-how. thanks admin
Burlington girl / May 6, 2014 at 07:52 pm
Wow Bistro bitch that is a bit harsh! All Bistro Tour was explaining what they have to offer. The chef is a red seal chef and put a lot of love and hard work into his menu. I think you need to chill and consider the feelings of other people. The menu on the Bistro Tour is far from tasteless.
Judith / May 7, 2014 at 02:16 am
Loved the gelato spot.
MissConfused / May 7, 2014 at 07:57 am
I just want to ask, why are there no photos of the command post ! It was the best looking truck there, .. and a BALT, what is that, its called a B.A.T.H, thats why its so awesome ...
Any way Great job to all the food truckers, :) you all worked really hard and did really great.