Toronto Food Events: Homegrown Pizza, Equinosh, Field Trip Mixology Competition, Sew Hungry
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- David Suzuki hosts Homegrown Pizza in the Park tonight Friday, April 25 at 5:30pm at Christie Pits. Five bucks buys a fresh slice from the wood burning-oven, with proceeds supporting the Homegrown National Park Project.
- Equinosh is feast for the senses, presented by chefs Mario Paz, Miriam Streiman, and Jamie Kennedy as part of the Grow-Op exhibit. It all goes down at The Gladstone Hotel this Saturday, April 26 from 5-8pm. Tickets are $10.
- Big Crow (172 Dupont St.) celebrates sugar bush season with Sweet Rain on Sunday, April 27. The brunch and dinner event will feature Sam Adams Boston lager on tap. Call for reservations.
- Scaddabush (382 Yonge St.) hosts an Italian wedding feast on Sunday, April 27 from 7-9pm. Priced at $45 per person, the dinner comes complete with fresh mozzarella, an assortment of starters, housemade pastas, pizza and desserts.
- The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen St. W) presents the Field Trip 2014 Mixology Competition in the lounge on Monday, April 28 at 8pm. Ivy Knight hosts the evening in part of the weekly 86D Monday Night series. Admission is free.
- Tickets go on sale Thursday, May 1 at 10am for The Stop's Night Market, which will take place over two evenings on June 17 and 18 in the Honest Ed's Alley.
- Sew Hungry will bring together 35 food trucks for an out-of-town rally in Hamilton on Ottawa Street on Friday, May 2. Sessions will take place from 11am to 3pm, and again from 4pm to 8pm.
Photo of Big Crow by Jesse Milns.