Toronto Food Events: Cupcakes & Cocktails, Good Food & Drink Festival, Table 876, Food Truck Eats
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The Good Food & Drink Festival continues this weekend until Sunday, April 6 at the Direct Energy Centre. The event features a food truck alley, chef demos, guided cheese tastings and loads of tasty exhibitors.
- Celebrate the Canadian Cheese of the Year at the Awards Tasting Gala at St. Lawrence Market North on Monday, April 7. Following the awards ceremony, the gala kicks off at 6 p.m., with award winners and finalists offering tastings for the public. Admission is $25 and includes refreshments, fine wines and craft beers.
- Bite Bar (57 Elm St.) launches Cupcakes & Cocktails this Saturday, April 5. Pairing bite-sized sweets with dessert-inspired cocktails, wines and beers, the new weekly feature will be offered regularly every Thursday to Saturday.
- The Rusholme Park Supper Club and Emily Zimmerman will host a vegan pre-Passover Seder on Sunday, April 13 at 7:30 p.m. Celebrate the Jewish holiday with a meatless feast. Tickets are $40.
- Ryoji Ramen & Izakaya (690 College St.) hosts a six course izakaya tasting on Wednesday, April 16 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $30 and include one drink.
- Fidel Gastro presents Table 876, a street food chef's table with partners Nella, Beau's and Le Creuset. Taking place in a fenced-off area behind Nella's Bathurst St. location on May 22, the $125 dinner party will offer a four-course menu featuring with Beau's beer pairings. Also expect music and giveaways.
- Tickets are available now for the third annual Food Truck Eats at Peller Estates Winery in Niagara on the Lake. Taking place over the long weekend from May 16 to May 18, the daily $15 admission price includes one glass of wine, a souvenir event glass and live entertainment at the event.
Photo of Fidel Gastro's pad Thai fries