Toronto Restaurant Openings: Yakitori Kintori, The Irv, The Derby, OG Grill, BYBLOS, Carl's Jr.
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Yakitori Kintori, a new skewered-meat snack bar from the team behind Guu is now in soft opening mode on the second floor above Kinton Ramen at 668 Bloor Street West.
- The Irv Gastro Pub is now open at 195 Carlton Street, the address previously occupied by Fare Game. Expect this to be a prime St. Patty's day destination.
- Handsome new drinkery, DW Alexander celebrates its grand opening today, Thursday, March 6th at 19 Church Street.
- Cheap eats Greek restaurant, The Original Gyro Grill aka "OG Grill" has opened in the 362 Bloor Street complex (technically on Walmer Road).
- Charles Khabouth and Hanif Harji, the duo behind Patria and Weslodge Saloon, are soon to open BYBLOS, the latest Eastern Mediterranean restaurant to enter Toronto's flourishing Mid-East dining scene. The new spot is located at 11 Duncan Street in the Storys Building.
- It's All GRK is expanding to the Annex taking over the address of recently shuttered KO Burgers at 366 Bloor at Spadina. Gyro turf wars are heating up! Notice how this address is just doors down from the OG Grill.
- Something called The Derby is moving into the old Portuguese spot at 1516 Dundas Street West.
- Carl's Jr., the charbroiled burger chain that one Chowhounder aptly called "the U.S.'s raunchiest", is coming to Canada. [Toronto Star]
- French patisserie, Patachou bids adieu to its loyal following on May 3rd. Both the Summerhill location at 1120 Yonge Street and the newish spot at 835 St. Clair West are closing. [The Grid]
- Railee's Diner at 133 Manville Road in Scarborough has closed citing slow business. [Chowhound]
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com