Toronto Restaurant Openings: 650 Cafe Bistro, Oxygen, Montecito, M'Zaar, California Sandwiches
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- 650 Cafe Bistro opened a second outpost this week in Cabbagetown at 194A Carlton Street, formerly Cafune.
- Oxygen Restaurant and Lounge a new restaurant with a broad menu including sandwiches, pastas and smoke house specialties is now open at 35 Sheppard Avenue East.
- County General East opens today at 798 Queen St. East offering breakfast, lunch and snack bar menus. [Zagat]
- Nick Liu's pop-up concept, Gwai Lo has finally found permanent digs at 503 College Street, the address most recently home to Grace. [Toronto Life]
- Montecito, a new 12,000 square foot spot is opening in the quasi-near future at 299 Adelaide Street West. Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman and New York chef, Jonathan Waxman's Innov8 Hospitality group are behind the project. [Toronto Life]
- The Tavern by Trevor is currently in the works at 147 Spadina Avenue north of Richmond. The project is an extension of Trevor Kitchen and Bar.
- Fish Street Market has announced plans to launch a seafood-focused food truck this summer.
- M'Zaar, a new Lebanese eatery is opening soon at 668 Yonge Steet.
- California Sandwiches is expanding its Italian sandwich empire once again with the impending opening of a 12th location at 435 Yonge Street across from College Park.
- Less than a year after launching, Happy Child (1168 Queen Street West) appears shuttered and the website is down.
- The North east corner at Yonge and Eg is about to undergo major redevelopment for a condo and in its wake, What A Bagel, Burger King and Boston Pizza are all closed. [Chowhound]
- Five year-old Mogette Bistro (581 Mount Pleasant Road) is set to shutter with March 29th advertised as the last day of service. [The Grid]
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org