Toronto Food Events: Ice Alley, Drunken Desserts, Khao Ghallian, The Table Setters, Toronto Wing Festival
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The Ice Alley Outdoor Bar at The Fifth Pub House (225 Richmond Street) is still going strong every Saturday night pretty much 'til it melts.
- Northwood (815 Bloor West) will preview its new food with a Buck A Bite event on Thursday, March 13th from 6pm to 11pm.
- The Sweet Escape (24 Tankhouse Lane) and Toronto author David Ort will be cooking up Drunken Desserts from the Canadian Craft Beer Cookbook on Saturday, March 8th from noon 'til 4pm.
- Sri Lankans Without Borders presents a Tropical Desserts Culinary Workshop this Sunday, March 9th starting with a lunch buffet at noon followed by an interactive workshop running from 1pm to 4pm that will cover how to make palm pudding, coconut crepes, sweet custard avocados.
- Amaya the Indian Room is hosting Khao Ghallian, an indoor Indian street food festival. As of March 11th, Chef Hemant Bhagwani will share a suitcase full of recipes brought back from a recent trip to the motherland.
- Insomnia (563 Bloor Street) hosts an alternative to green beer this St. Patty's day. The Table Setters, a snack style, baseball-themed dinner happens on Monday, March 17th and costs $40 per ticket.
- Tickets are on sale now for the third annual, competetive Toronto Wing Festival taking place on May 4th at Daniels Spectrum (585 Dundas Street East) in Regent Park.
- Chef Lora Kirk and Norm Hardie Wines presents a five course Artisan Series dinner with wine pairings for $150. Taking place at Ruby Watchco (730 Queen Street East), the evening starts with a reception at 6pm on Tuesday, March 25th.
- Bob Blumer has designed a surreal food-themed room at the Gladstone Hotel. The Canadian cookbook author and Food Network star is in town this week until March 12th to promote this latest gourmet creation.
Photo of Northwood