Toronto Food Events: Latino 'licious, Pho Fo Brunch, Boeuf Bourguignon Supper Club, Beau's Tap Takeover
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Valdez (606 King Street) presents a Latino 'licious prix fixe menu this week until February 13th.
- The Happy Hooker (887 Dundas Street West) is doing $2 fish and chip platters all day today, Friday February 7th.
- Voodoo Child (388 College Street) and Tisha Myles host Pho Fo Brunch, a pop-up brunch this weekend, February 8th and 9th from 11am to 3pm.
- The Depanneur (1033 College Street) and Dali Chehimi host a Boeuf Bourguignon Supper Club on Sunday, February 9th. Tickets are $40.
- As part of FeBREWary, Beau's will be hosting a tap take-over at the Cloak & Dagger Pub (394 College Street) on February 14th and 15th.
- Thomas Lavers and Cold Tea (58 Kensington Avenue) present Happy Fun Times Cannery Restaurant Drink Competition on Monday, February 17th at 8pm. Chefs will face off against bartenders in support of the Breast Cancer Society of Canada.
- Cafe Boulud (60 Yorkville Avenue) hosts Edulis chef Michael Caballo and Tobey Nemeth for a five course tasting menu inspired by Basque region. The feast, happening on Tuesday, February 18th is $95 per person (wine pairings $55).
- Afrim Pristine (The Cheese Boutique) and Todd Clarmo (Indie Alehouse) are set to collaborate in the kitchen for a three course family style dinner on Thursday, February 27th. Tickets are $70.
- Momofuku Shoto (190 University Avenue) hosts Maison Louis Jadot for a wine dinner on Tuesday, March 4th. The eight course tasting menu feast with wine pairings is priced at $275 per person.
- Second Harvest presents the California Wine Fair on Monday, April 7th at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel (100 Front Street). Tickets are $75 with $40 going to support food rescue programs.
- Cafe Bar Pasta (1588 Dundas Street West) is launching a cooking class covering fresh pasta making techniques paired with a wine tasting hosted by master sommeiler John Szabo. Call the restaurant to for details, spaces are limited.
- Pukka (778 St. Clair) has launched Meatless Mondays for the rest of February. The two course vegetarian menu is on offer for $20.14 per person.
- Ki Modern Japanese + Bar (181 Bay Street) has introduced 50% off Caesar Fridays.
Photo from last year's Happy Fun Times Cannery Restaurant Drink Competition at Cold Tea