Toronto Food Events: Croissunday, Craft Beer Salon, Russians Are Coming, Meatless Mondays, Spring Thaw
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- CBC Broadcasting Centre (250 Front St. West) hosts a Men's Gold Medal Hockey Pancake Breakfast on Sunday, February 23rd from 7am to 6pm. Eat free pancakes and watch the Sochi games.
- Nadege is doing Croissunday at both bakery outlets on Sunday, February 23rd featuring 8+ unique spins on the classic French pastry. One day only specials highlight flavours like matcha green tea, black squid ink and cassis and violette.
- The Russians Are Coming to WVRST (609 King Street West) on Tuesday, February 25th. Early birds can buy $20 tickets that include a pint of Great Lakes Brewery 25th anniversary stout and a commemorative glass. Taps open to early birds at 6pm, and everyone else at 7pm.
- Craft Beer Salon hosted by Well Preserved and Kensington Brew Company is happening at Hi-Lo Bar (753 Queen Street East) Wednesday, February 26th at 8pm. David Ort (author of The Canadian Craft Beer Cookbook), Steve Riley (betterbeer.com) and Brock Sheppard (KBC) will be on hand to answer questions and chat about brewing, beer cooking and beer and food pairing.
- Indie Alehouse (2876 Dundas Street West) collaborates with Afrim Pristine of Cheese Boutique for a dinner on Thursday, February 27th. Tickets are $70
- Piola (1165 Queen Street West) hosts it's monthly all you can eat Lucky Gnocchi Day on Friday, February 28th
- Red Sauce (50C Clinton Street) is hosting a party this Sunday, February 23rd to say thanks for all the early support in their opening weeks. Kicking off at 9pm, the Italian eatery will be providing snacks while Flying Monkey Brewery will be there with free beer and swag.
- Toronto Common presents Meatless Mondays for the month of March at Harvest Kitchen (124 Harbord Street). The weekly special will feature five course tasting menu with a drink for $24 all in. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Gilead Wine Bar (4 Gilead Place) hosts another Order of Good Cheer Dinner on Monday, March 3rd. The 4-course late winter menu is $75, paired with PEC wines for $25 more.
- The Canadian Chef's Congress celebrates the arrival of a new growing season with Spring Thaw on Monday, March 31st at Palais Royale (1601 Lake Shore Boulevard West). Tickets are $175 for the evening event that will highlight Ontario produced prepared by top chefs and restaurants.
- TIFF's Food on Film series debuts Wednesday, March 12th with a screening of Chungking Express and discussion with Lucky Peach editor, Peter Meehan. Catch all six films with a subscription for $180.