Toronto Food Events: Robbie Burns Week, TIFF Food on Film, Taste of Toronto
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Chocosol (1131 St. Clair Avenue West) hosts a hands on jaguar chocolate making and tempering class on Saturday, January 18th at 2pm and on Sunday the 19th at 6pm. Admission for the 4-hour class is $50 per person.
- The Caledonian (856 College Street) celebrates Robbie Burns all week with whisky tastings, haggis and bagpipers.
- TOCA (181 Wellington Street West) welcomes 2-star Michelin Chef Oliver Glowig from Rome. Between January 21st and 26th the accomplished will offer a la carte and tasting menus from inside the Ritz-Carlton.
- Tickets are on sale now for Paella Night with Jose Arato on Sunday, January 26th at The Depanneur (1033 College Street).
- TIFF's Food on Film returns for the 2014 season kicking off with Lucky Peach magazine editor Peter Meehan, discussing Wong Kar-wai's celebrated film Chungking Express. Subscriptions are available now for the monthly screening that will bring together chefs, experts and film lovers to share the best in culinary cinema and conversation.
- Taste of Toronto, an internationally acclaimed outdoor food festival is coming to Fort York July 24th to 27th. The festival will invite guests to engage with top chefs and enjoy live food demos, Q&As, interactive cooking classes, wine tastings and of course plenty of sampling. Tickets go on sale in March, starting at $25 for a standard ticket.
Photo from our profile of the Caledonian