Toronto Food Events: Las Americas, School Shucks Oyster Class, 100-Mile Pinot Tasting
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Nota Bene (180 Queen Street West) presents Las Americas from Wednesday, January 8th until Thursday, January 30th. The special 4-course menu for $68 will feature dishes from Ecuador, Peru, Argentina and Mexico.
- The Winter Farmers Market returns to Steam Whistle Brewing (255 Bremner Blvd) this Sunday, January 5th from 10am 'til 2pm.
- School Shucks Oyster Class is in session Sunday, January 12th from 2pm to 5pm at Hogtown Pub and Oysters (633 College Street). Tickets are $95 for the hands on class.
- Passport for Change, a speed dating-style event focused on health and wellness will offer participants one-on-one 6-minute sessions with dieticians, nutritionists, personal trainers and life coaches on Sunday, January 12th at Artscape at Wychwood Barns (76 Wychwood Avenue).
- Monday, January 13th, The Ontario Wine Society presents a 100-Mile Pinot Tasting at UofT Faculty Club (41 Wilcocks a Avenue). General admission is $75.
- Porzia (1314 Queen Street West) celebrates its first year at 7pm on Sunday, January 26th with a collaborative 5-course dinner menu ($85) with wine pairings from Basilio Pesce and guest chef Craig Harding (Campagnolo). Reservations are a must.
- Momofuku features Hinterland Wine Company at the next instalment of their Ontario Wine Dinner Series happening Monday, January 20th from 6:30pm. Tickets are $100 per person for the family style feast with wine pairings at Daisho (190 University Avenue).