Toronto Food Events: Beard of Zeus launch, Momofuku hosts La Carnita & The HOTB, La Poutine Week
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Bean Link and Lazy Daisy's Cafe (1515 Gerrard Street East) host a coffee, chocolate and beer tasting tonight Friday, January 10th. The evening will offer flights featuring three samples of each for $20. Tonight's event is sold out but the plan is for the series to become a monthly feature.
- Karma Food Co-op (739 Palmerston Avenue) hosts the Ethical Eater's Dilema on Saturday, January 11th at 1pm. The event is a meet and greet with Martin de Groot, founder of Mapleton's Organic Dairy who will speak to why he converted from conventional to organic farming.
- Carrot Common (348 Danforth Avenue) host Nature's Course - Fun With Food on Sunday, January 12th. The family friendly afternoon event will feature a food based workshop and seminar starting at 1pm.
- Great Lakes Brewery launches a new Tank Ten series beer, Beard of Zeus on Thursday, January 16th from 5pm to 8pm at 30 Queen Elizabeth Boulevard before it hits the shelves at the LCBO.
- Foodies on Foot presents their Favourites Food Tour departing from 18 Portland Street at 11am on Saturday, January 18th. The restaurant crawl will visit hidden gems and insider spots for tasting sessions. Tickets are $69 to $80.
- Momofuku Noodle Bar (190 University Avenue) hosts La Carnita and Home of the Brave for a collaborative menu on Sunday, January 26th from 5pm.
- The Kitchen Canada is offering a Pretzels and Craft Beer Baking Class on Monday, January 20th. The instructional class will cover baking the iconic German bread paired with Great Lakes Brewery beers. Tickets are $85.
- The Toronto Tea Festival Is happening at the Toronto Reference Library from 10am to 5pm on February 1st and 2nd. Tickets are $10 each day for a programe featuring talks, tastings, art, music and shopping.
- La Poutine Week will take place from February 1st to 7th at hundred of locations in Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec City and Toronto.
Photo from West Coast Poutine.