Friday, April 25, 2014Mostly Cloudy 8°C
Eat & Drink

5 awesome artisanal foods now available in Toronto

Posted by Jen Hunter / December 9, 2013

Slow SoupThis weekend saw the return of the annual Bit Bazaar craft fair and game show featuring budding young game designers, comic book writers and food vendors all in one space. Spread over two floors at BentoMiso's shared workspace just South of Trinity Bellwoods park, the spot quickly packed out with members of Toronto's independent gaming community. Nobody left hungry. The small but well curated list of food vendors filling out the space showed everyone just how exciting the local food scene is.

Check out some of the food items from the weekend that are now available in Toronto.

Sophie Jansen / December 9, 2013 at 08:26 pm
So where can I actually buy the Slow Soup jars? Can't seem to find it listed anywhere when reading it on Mobile view.
Aubrey replying to a comment from Sophie Jansen / December 9, 2013 at 08:57 pm
Windowshade Delicatessen! http://windowshadedeli.blogspot.ca/
p replying to a comment from Keith / December 10, 2013 at 12:12 am
you seem fun.
Matthew I / December 10, 2013 at 10:49 am
The from scratch pies were super good. Well, rather the filling (lobster for me) was solid, the pie crust was amazing. 3 bucks too, pretty cheap. Didn't try anything else
Soopy / December 10, 2013 at 11:32 am
Who knew it was that hard to buy a few beans and make real home-made soup? I guess it feels more posh to buy them at a
much higher price in a jar that you will never use again.
Layla / December 10, 2013 at 11:47 am
Anyone else have more info on where to buy those soup mixes? Just checked the link from above commenter, but there is no info on there about where to buy on the website.
Pluckysod replying to a comment from Layla / December 11, 2013 at 12:22 am
Buy them at the supermarket. Beans in one aisle, stock in another, fresh veg in the produce section. And at a fraction of the price than you'd pay for one of those mason jars. It's not "awesome artisinal food," it's a means of parting fools from their money.
constitutional / April 18, 2014 at 12:00 pm
Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your eblog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog
posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement
youu access consistently quickly.