Toronto Restaurant Openings: Hi-Lo Bar, The Kitchen Library, Monster Jerk, Three Little Pigs, District Oven
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Hi-Lo Bar from the same team as Ascari Enoteca 26 and Table 17 is now open at 753 Queen Street East. (via The Grid)
- Vancouver-based chain, Hapa Izakaya is now permanently operating a satellite location inside the lobby bar at the Ritz Hotel. The Japanese pub's other Toronto location at 602 College is hoping to reopen in the coming weeks after flood damage shuttered the restaurant over most of the summer.
- The Kitchen Library, a source for home cooks to borrow everything from electric mixers to waffle irons is now open at 1803 Danforth Avenue sharing the storefront with the Tool Library.
- Fourno is now open at 130 King Street West in the concourse level. The food court kitchen is doing salads, paninis and pies from scratch.
- Gourmet Gringos is bringing street food indoors when its brick and mortar restaurant opens on November 1st at 1384 Bathurst Street. Expect to find a menu of the food truck's signature tacos, empanadas and more.
- Come and Get It is set to reopen at 676 Queen Street West (formerly Mavrik Wine Bar). Hopefully the shop which closes its 170 Spadina location at the end of this week will be back in business by the end of next month. (via The Grid)
- Monster Jerk, which already operates one location at York Woods plaza (2865 Jane Street) is slated to open a second location in the coming weeks at 3585 Lawrence Avenue East.
- Three Little Pigs (or TLP for short), a new sandwich shop from the same owners as Barberian's is opening just doors down from the 50+ years old establishment at 7 Elm Street. (via Toronto Life)
- District Oven is opening at 842 College Street the long vacant address that was once home to Portuguese bar, Cervejaria.
- Touhenboku Ramen is slated to open at 261 Queen Street West sometime in Novemeber. (via Now)
- Leslieville's Rakia Bar is opening a sister location in the upcoming weeks at 690 Euclid Avenue. (via Post City)
- The Nestle Toll House Cafe located just outside the St. Andrew station entrance at 225 King Street West has closed. Notice posted on the door states $10,000 back rent is owed to the landlord.
- Jump Restaurant celebrates 20 years this November in their newly revamped dining room that was completed this past spring.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com
Photo from our review of Raika Bar