Toronto Restaurant Openings: Hudson Kitchen, The Scullery, Drake One Fifty, Gourmet Gringos, Escobar
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview of what's coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Hudson Kitchen at (800 Dundas West), the new restaurant from Robbie Hojilla (formerly of Ursa and Woodlot) is now open and accepting reservations.
- Astarté, a fresh Greek yogurt bar is now open in the PATH at 150 King Street offering sweet and savoury bowls.
- The Scullery, a new bakery café is now open in Cabbagetown at 200 Carlton Street serving up soups, salads and sandwiches like pulled turkey with apple slaw.
- Huntsman Tavern is now open at 890 College Street, the former site of Red Fish. (Via The Grid)
- Rhum Corner the newest incarnation of the Hoof Raw Bar opens Sunday, September 29th at 923 Dundas West with an all new rum-focused bar menu and Haitian-influenced eats.
- Fresh, the vegetarian chain opens its newest offshoot at 90 Eglinton Avenue East on Tuesday, October 1st.
- Drake One Fifty opens officially on Wednesday, October 2nd at 150 York Street. The new restaurant mixes art, food and culture in signature Drake Hotel style; there's custom artworks from Douglas Coupland, video installations from Guy Maddin, a brasserie-style menu from Ted Corrado (c5), and even a stage for live performances.
- Gourmet Gringos is putting the finishing touches on their new brick and mortar location at 1384 Bathurst, they could be open as early as this week, if not next.
- Escobar, a 50 person private bar is soon to open in the back of Valdez (606 King Street West). To get to it, you'll have to walk past the Valdez bathrooms, into the kitchen and through a freezer door.
- New Delhi Burgers is set to become Toronto's first Indian-themed burger joint when it opens at 785 Queen Street.
- The Wind Up Bird Café is soon to open at 382 College Street, taking over the address from the recently shuttered Q Space. The new cafe is billing its offerings as 'farm fresh with a twist' and is promising nightly culinary, literary and community events.
- The Crudo Room, a new wine bar is opening in the back room of John & Son's Oyster Boy at 1 Balmoral Avenue. (via The Grid)
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com
Photo of Drake One Fifty