Toronto Food Events: Vegetarian Food Festival, Toronto Beer Week, JAM, TUM, Beau's Lobster Boil
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The 29th annual Vegetarian Food Festival is on at the Harbourfront Centre this weekend September, 6th to 8th. The free event includes food, live entertainment and a meatless marketplace.
- Taste of the Kingsway takes place this weekend September, 6th to 8th on Bloor just outside of Royal York Station.
- Toronto Beer Week begins Thursday, September 12th and in celebration there are events happening all around the city. Highlights include Doors Open at Mill St. Brew Pub (21 Tank House Lane) on Saturday, September 14th from 3pm to 9pm; and, Brewers Backyard at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue) on Sunday, September 15th.
- Senses Restaurant at the Metropolitan Hotel (328 Wellington Street West) is offering a modern Chinese pop-up menu for the duration of TIFF.
- Street Eats at City Hall will bring together food trucks and vendors to offer $7 lunch specials in support of United Way on Tuesday, September 10th from 11am to 2pm.
- Origin Liberty (171 East Liberty Street) will host JAM a dinner on Monday, September 16th. The tasting menu will be featured for $89 per head. Reserve a spot via phone.
- Beau's Lobster Boil returns to Whippoorwill (285 Bloor Street West) on Thursday, September 19th. tickets are $65 for the seafood feast complete with buttermilk biscuits, iced tea and pie.
- Beer writer Stephen Beaumont launches his new book, The Pocket Beer Guide 2014 at The Rhino (1249 Queen Street West) on Thursday, September 19th. the evening will also include the premier Ontario screening of Beer Hunter: the story of Michael Jackson.
- The Toronto Underground Market returns to the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue) for their 2 year anniversary on Saturday, September 28th. Tickets go on sale today Friday, September 6th at 10am online.
- Clube Ceia Portuguese Supper Club is slated to take place Sunday, September 29 at 6:30pm at the Aphrodite Cooks Studio (201 Weston Road, Unit 101). Tickets are $62.50 for the 5 course dinner.
- The Group of Seven Chefs presents Tavern Dinner, a 5 course tasting menu at 7:30pm on Monday, September 30th at The Saint (227 Ossington Avenue). Tickets are available now for $55.