Toronto Food Events: Roncy Polish Festival, City Cider, The World's Largest Tequila Tasting, ESE Antijitos
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events, festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- Valdez (606 King West) hosts Summer's Last Rooftop BBQ Fiesta tomorrow, Saturday, September 14th. Head over between 3pm to 6pm for a complimentary Valdez Mojito and stay for the Chef's special; a Latino 5-spice pig roast.
- Toronto Beer Week is this week! The list of events and participating venues is extensive so check out our top picks.
- The Senses modern Chinese pop-up continues this week at the SOHO Metropolitan Hotel (318 Wellington Street West) with a menu featuring specialties like Peking duck and five spice calamari.
- The Roncesvalles Polish Festival is on this weekend from September 14th to 15th. Go for yummy, Polish eats like pierogies, bigos, kielbasa and borscht.
- Bar Volo (587 Yonge Street) presents The Funk, a night of funky brews and funky beats on Saturday, September 14th. Non ticket holders can still get in after 7pm for $5.
- Not Far From the Tree presents City Cider on Sunday, September 15th at the heritage orchard at the Spadina Museum (285 Spadina Road). The family friendly event will feature great food and press-your-own cider.
- This weekend's Cold Tea (60 Kensingon Avenue) patio party will feature a Porzia-style BBQ on Sunday, September 15th from 3pm.
- El Tromba Tequila and the yet to open Queen West restaurant, Fonda Lola will present the World's Largest Tequila Tasting on Thursday, September 19th at 99 Sudbury. Tickets are $39 and include a full flight of tequila plus tacos.
- ESÉ Antijitos will pop-up on Sunday, September 22nd at 5:30pm at the Monarch Tavern (12 Clinton Street).
- The Jamie Kennedy Culinary Series will do a Mexican edition on Friday, September 27th from 6pm to 9pm at the Gardiner Museum (111 Queens Park). Tickets are $150 a person ($135 for Gardiner Museum members).
- Tickets are available now for the Rusholme Park Supper club dinner, Knifeless, a fundraiser dinner at The Depanneur (1033 College Street) by and for chef Andrew Eade who had his knife kit stolen out of his car after a catering gig this summer. The three course menu on Sunday, September 22nd at 7:30pm, will be prepped entirely without the use of a knife.
- Tickets are available now for the two year anniversary of the Toronto Underground Market, and the Saturday, September 28th event at the Evergreen Brickworks (550 Bayview Avenue) will feature The TUM Alum Collection presented by Hot Bunzz. The daytime edition is family friendly from noon to 4pm, then, the adults-only (boozy) edition runs from 5pm to 10pm.
- Porzia (1314 Queen Street West) is booking tables now for pop-up dinner featuring guest chef, Anthony Walsh (O&B) on Sunday, October 20th starting at 7pm.
Photo from our profile of Valdez