Toronto Restaurant Openings: West Coast Poutine, Brock Sandwich, Brussels Bistro, Fonda Lola, Lot St.
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview at some of the places coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- West Coast Poutine, a new bouncy, faux-low-rider food truck from the same team behind Hogtown Smoke debuted this week. As its name suggest the menu is poutine heavy with variations like a chicken parm poutine. Catch the truck's next dinner service on Friday, August 2nd at Canoe Landing Park (Does anyone go to this park? The city picked this spot didn't they?)
- Trinity Modern Greek Taverna is now open at 1681 Lake Shore Boulevard East, offering a menu that majors in fresh seafood and Mediterranean fare.
- Destingo is now open at 739 Queen Street West, billing itself as a contemporary Italian kitchen.
- After debuting at last week's Big on Bloor street fest, Brock Sandwich (1260 Bloor West) is now open days, doing coffee and fresh made sandwiches like, a chicken piri piri version the my source called "outrageously good".
- Brussels Bistro is now open in The Beaches at 1975 Queen Street East at Waverley. The Belgium menu features moules et frites many ways, along with classic French food for brunch, lunch and dinner.
- The One That Got Away now boasts a second fish house location at 2392 Bloor Street West.
- Jerome's Cucina and Bar is now open at 596 College Street, the high turn-over site that you may remember from previous incarnations as, Bang Bang Bar, Public, Tempo, and Mattino.
- Modern Mexican pop-up, Fonda Lola has found permanent digs at 942 Queen Street West, the recently vacated address of Lafayette Bistro. (via The Grid).
- Paulette's Donuts & Chicken (913 Queen Street East) is soon to be reborn as the second outpost of St. Clair sandwich shop and catering operation, Delica Kitchen. Paulette's Donuts will be available at both locations once the new shop opens mid August. (Via Post City)
- Lot St. looks poised to open any day now at 685 Queen Street West at Bathurst. What's on the menu remains a mystery.
- Nejibee Izakaya posted notice this week that the Japanese kitchen is closed until further notice.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org