Happy hour drink deals in Toronto by day of the week
Happy hour drink specials in Toronto can be found all over the city, any day of the week. By law, bars and restaurants aren't allowed to advertise "cheap drinks" per se, but luckily après work, cinq à sept, quattro-sette and, of course, happy hour all mean the same thing; budget booze! Cheers!
What constitutes "budget booze" is likely to be relative depending at least in part on one's disposable income, but in the interest of breadth, this list is on the inclusive side and includes some deals that would best be characterized as modest. How does the saying go? A dollar saved is a dollar earned. Here's a roundup of happy hour specials in Toronto. If we've missed your go-to spot, be sure to let us know in the comments below.
- The Ballroom This bowling alley and bar hosts an 'after work social' weeknights where bar rail drinks are only $4 and select beers are $5.
- Bannock Adjacent to The Bay's flagship store, the Canadian-themed restaurant recently began transforming the grab and go counter area into an after work lounge complete with its own list of nibbles and cocktails.
- Bar Vespa Offers select wines for $1 per ounce daily from 4pm to 7pm daily.
- The Beaconsfield On weekdays does food specials from 5pm to 7pm for $9 including a pint of Labatt 50.
- Brownstone Bistro Daily weekday drink specials are offered from 4pm to 6pm.
- The Caledonian Select pints for $5 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, plus 25% off whiskey flights on Thursdays after 9pm.
- Church Aperitivo Bar The West Queen West bar does cinq à sept (5pm to 7pm) bottles of Peroni from Tuesday though Friday.
- Crawford Daily from 5pm, the bar offers $13 PBR pitchers and shot specials for $4.
- Crown & Dragon Happy hour specials from 4pm to 6pm on weekdays feature domestic pints for 4.50 and 2-for-1 apps.
- The Drake Hotel The après work menu on weekdays from 4pm to 7pm features 2oz cocktails on for $8, select brews for $5 and wines for $6.
- The Duke of Devon Half priced bottles of wine are offered every day from11am to 4pm everyday.
- The Duke of Richmond Half price bottles of wine are available every day from 11am to 4pm.
- Emmet Ray offers $5 pints daily from 5pm to 9pm
- Enoteca Sociale The 'arrive at 5!' menu is offered Monday to Friday from 5 to 6pm.
- Glas Wine and cocktail specials include a free snack plate daily (except Mondays) from 5pm to 7pm.
- Goods & Provisions Half price beer, wine and select cocktails on offer from Monday to Saturday, from 5:30pm to 7pm.
- Hapa Izakaya Happy hour at this Japanese pub starts at 5pm daily.
- McGugan's Select $5 pints are featured from 2pm to 7pm daily.
- Pravda This Wellington East vodka bar does weekday Martinis at $6 between 4pm and 7pm.
- Roux $5 apps and taps from 5pm to 7pm.
- Ryoji This izakaya joint regularly offers $5 drinks after 9pm.
- The Samuel J. Moore Cinq à sept specials offered daily featuring $5 pints, $6 spirits and $7 wine.
- Sauce on the Danforth A different $5 pint is offered each weekday. Cocktail hour daily before 6pm features $6 2oz cocktails.
- Skin+Bones Free snacks and half price beers, cocktails and bubbly every night from 5pm to 7pm.
- The Shore Club Specials from 4pm to 7pm on weekdays discount beer to $5 and wine to $7.
- Tallboys This craft beer house does $5 pints between 4pm and 8pm
- Trevor Kitchen and Bar Cocktails are featured for $4.42, Tuesday through Friday from 4pm to 7pm.
- Rakia Bar This Leslieville bar features select wines and beers at just $5 each Monday.
- Valdez Mad Mexican Mondays feature $20 buckets of beer.
- Il Fornello Multiple location $5 bottles of Perroni all-day on Tuesdays.
- Milagro Margarita Tuesdays feature a small for $5.50 and large for $10.
- Beast Restaurant Offers half price bottles of wine each Wednesday starting at 5pm.
- Brassaii Celebrate hump day with draught beers and wine by the glass for $5.
- Handlebar The 'five finger discount' from 8pm to 2am on Wednesdays is a steal with pints, bar rail bevys and even dinner offered at $5 each.
- Hey Lucy Multiple locations offer feature martinis for $4.50 Martini Wednesdays.
- Wilson 96 Whiskey Wednesdays feature $4 Jameson, and, $5 Old Fashioned and whiskey sour cocktails.
- Cibo Wine Bar Quattro-sette (4-7pm) Thursdays offers classic cocktails and wines by the glass from $3.50 and domestic beers from $3.
- Einstein Skip "Happy Hour" (which is actually a comedy show) and go to the College bar on Thursday between 3pm and 9pm for $1 off litre steins.
- Madison Avenue Pub Offers domestic brews and bar rail drinks for $3.50 on Thursday nights
- Williams Landing Thirsty Thursday at this Liberty Village hotspot offers $4 local pints and $5 bar rail between 5 and 7pm.
- Wide Open Happy hour happens from 5pm to 8pm on Thursdays when anything goes for $2.50.
- The Yukon Regularly offers half price bottles of wine and bubbles on Thursdays.
- Gilead The wine bar does drink specials Friday nights from 6pm to 10pm featuring $7 glasses of wine.
- Farmhouse Tavern F*ck Mondays happen every Sunday night offering rolling hourly specials. Pints are $6 at 6pm, cocktails are $7 at 7pm and wine is $8 at 8pm.
- Prohibition This gastrohouse is known to sporadically offer hooch hour from 10pm to midnight on weekends featuring draught beer, house wine and premium spirits for $5.
Photo of the cocktails at Sauce on the Danforth