Toronto Restaurant Openings: The Beverley Hotel, Me & Mine, Scaddabush, More than Pies, Weldon Park
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview at some of the places coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- The Beverley Hotel at 335 Queen Street West is now open, featuring restaurants on the main floor and rooftop helmed by ex-Hawthorne Food and Drink chef, Eric Wood (via The Grid).
- Me & Mine at 1144 College Street is opening its doors for a soft opening today (Thursday, July 25th) or possibly tomorrow. Partners Melissa daSilva and Joel MacMillan (formerly of Zocalo) plan to focus on local, affordable foods like house-made Western chili sausage with cauliflower and cheddar bake. Daytime service will be offered Tuesday to Friday from 11am to 5pm, on weekends they'll open at 10am and once the liquor license is approved, dinner service will be added.
- Scaddabush, slang for "a bit of everything" is now open at Mississauga's Square One Mall (209 Rathburn Road West). The menu at the new Italian kitchen and bar focuses on small plates and shareable dishes, including pastas made from scratch and fresh mozzarella made daily.
- More than Pies, the Etobicoke wholesale bakery soft opens a new retail bakery cafe this Friday, July 26th at 3469 Lake Shore Boulevard West.
- Latin Taste is now open at 200 Baldwin serving up Churros, tamales and sandwiches for take-away.
- Kitten and the Bear, a new cannery and retail shop for jellies and jams is slated to open at 1574 Queen Street West.
- Weldon Park is set to open in the former site of Paaeez at 569 College Street. (via Post City)
- Nine Cookie Bar is opening soon at 180 Baldwin formerly Shai's.
- We knew this day would come, but it's still sad. After a year and a half run, Come and Get It at 170 Spadina is wrapping up the pop-up in October to make way for an impending condo. (via The Grid)
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo from Scaddabush's Facebook page