Saturday, November 22, 2014Cloudy 2°C
Eat & Drink

DOS brings tacos and street art back to the Brick Works

Posted by Staff / June 3, 2013

La Carnita DOSFans of tacos, street art and good music will want to mark their calendars for July 19th. That's when DOS, La Carnita's self-billed party of the summer returns to the Evergreen Brick Works for its second annual edition.

Building on last summer's sold-out festival, UNO, the team behind DOS spearheaded by La Carnita chef Andrew Richmond tells us they're expecting a sell-out again with this new and improved version that will feature beats by DJ Platurn and Grandtheft and skull inspired art by Sam Flores, Joseph Martinez and Mike Giant.

That's just scratching the surface on the actual talent expected to be in attendance. For a full list of artists (double the number that were at last year's event), check out the DOS web site.

Food-wise, Chef Richmond and his crew from La Carnita might need to up their game. That's because they've brought in famed-Chicago taco kings Big Star to fill up attendees that are expected to number in the thousands.

Richmond told us to expect grilled corn, crispy tamales, whole roasted animal items, tostadas, churros, paletas, a tequila bar, bourbon booth, cocktails, beer and more.

Tickets for DOS are now on sale. Get'em before they sell out.

jd / June 3, 2013 at 01:18 pm
Are they expecting to sell tickets for food at the beginning of the event and not let anyone actually eat anything for 4 hours?

While I enjoyed the setting, the art and the music. The wait for food was ridiculous. Unless they have announced a change to that, I or my friends will not go this year.
anon replying to a comment from jd / June 3, 2013 at 01:42 pm
I think the last paragraph in the article references that?

"They're also hoping to address past complaints about long line-ups at food events at the Brick Works by vastly expanding the number of food and bar stations and collaborating with the TUM team on event logistics."

jd / June 3, 2013 at 03:42 pm
I don't think you read my comment correctly. I didn't have issue with the lines tho...

Issue was with the fact that they sold tickets for tacos from the beginning of the event and then didn't sell one tacos until about 4 hours later.

Nobody told us this fact when we bought tickets and any questions about when they were going to actually start to serve was met with zero information, except with a "soon".
onanon / June 3, 2013 at 06:10 pm
I work with the TUM crew and food will be on sale right when the doors open, allowing people to eat at different times, instead of all at one rush.
jd / June 3, 2013 at 07:13 pm
Thank you for your reply.
Jason / June 3, 2013 at 08:41 pm
Being a hipster is tiring work and riding a fixie all the way up the bayview extension will leave some with a quick fixin for some tacos...
Clay replying to a comment from Jason / June 4, 2013 at 10:16 am
Best comment ever!
GL / June 4, 2013 at 11:49 am
You know what would go a long way in reducing the long lines? Multiple stations for the more popular vendors if not every vendor.
This also gets rid of the crowding that happens when lines form and extend across the space.
Sallie / November 30, 2013 at 05:01 pm
When I make a cast, I want to tilt the skylanders 2015
helicopter forward, I would take less of a tendency to whip it like you would a spinning rod.
Now next up, is I got him when I bought the skylanders 2015 game, Toys" R" Us aand Babies" R" Us, Inc.