Toronto Restaurant Openings: Crossroads Diner, Ben & Izzy's Deli, Clubhouse, Fare Game, Montauk
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview at some of the places coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Crossroads Diner is the newest food truck to hit the streets with a '50s inspired a look and mobile menu that riffs on diner classics. Burgers, soups and salads will be available alongside sandwiches like 'The Elvis,' a grilled peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich on brioche.
- Ben & Izzy's Deli is now open at 3513 Bathurst Street. The beef-focused, kosher delicatessen is offering smoked meats like tongue and pastrami piled high onto rye bread.
- Montauk bar is now open week-round from 5pm at 765 Dundas Street West offering a menu focused on cocktails, local beers and wines.
- Butter Chicken Roti is now open at 398 College Street, and the scent of curry wafting out its doors is glorious.
- New Peruvian restaurant, Ardor Bistro (59 Ossington Avenue) is launching a soft opening phase this Saturday, May 4th.
- The Clubhouse Sandwich Shop is set to replace the recently shuttered Tandoori Flavour at 455 Spadina Avenue at College. The new take-away counter hopes to open by the end of May and will offer limited seating to tuck into sandwiches like oyster po' boys or fried tomatoes. Surprisingly there are no triple deckers on the menu.
- New Cabbagetown restaurant Fare Game, will focus on game meats like venison and rabbit when they take over in the site of the short lived Jam Cafe.
- Rock Lobster Food Co. is expanding with plans to open a second location on June 1st in the space currently occupied by Shanghai Cowgirl (538 Queen Street). The new, larger outpost will also expand the menu and hours of operation.
- Reds Wine Tavern is opening a second location early fall at the base of the Aura condo tower (382 Yonge Street). Like the first location, the menu will focus on shareable plates though their will be some variation to tailor it to the College Park neighbourhood.
- Etobicoke Italian eatery, Ristorante Pinocchio (4800 Dundas West) has closed for good.
- The Happy Hooker is now doing desserts, appropriately dubbed 'happy endings.' The offerings include key lime pie, banana pudding and deep fried oreos.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to email@example.com
Photo courtesy of Crossroads Diner