Toronto Restaurant Openings: Lisa Marie, Enzo Pizzabar, Sagra, Bestia food truck, THR & Co., Pai
Toronto Restaurant Openings highlights the latest restaurant openings and closings in Toronto and also gives a preview at some of the places coming soon. Find us here every Thursday morning.
- Lisa Marie, from Fidel Gastro's Matt Basile opens at 638 Queen Street West this Friday, April 19th. The new menu will feature cicchetti (tapas-like) offerings and a pantry in the back will offer a butcher counter full of grill-it-at-home marinated meats and an array of canned goods.
- Enzo Pizzabar will open its doors at 646 Queen Street West for a soft opening phase starting Tuesday next week (April 23rd). The grand opening is set to follow in early May.
- Etcetera has quietly reopened under new management as Seazons (147 Spadina Avenue).
- The team behind The Slow Room (874 College Street) is branching out with new food studio, Sagra slated to open at 240 Annette the first week of May. Also set to debut the same week is their new food truck, Bestia, that will hit the road with wood fire oven onboard. Both new ventures will triumph Italian flavours featuring pizza and porchetta.
- THR & Co. (presumably The Harbord Room and Company) is opening at 97 Harbord Street next month in the spot formerly home to Messis.
- Lightweight Mini-Donuts is opening Wednesday, May 1st in Kensington Market at the El Gordo food court (214 Augusta Ave). The shop will specialize in fresh-to-order minis dusted in cinnamon sugar, icing sugar or both.
- Artisanal butcher, Olliffe will open a third retail shop on Tuesday, April 23rd in the previous site of Sausage Partners at 1378 Queen Street East.
- Pai, from Chef Nuit Regular (Sabai Sabai, Sukhothai) is aiming for a September opening. Specializing in Northern Thai, the new restaurant will be located at 18 Duncan Street.
- Elle M'a Dit has announced via twitter that it's last service will be Saturday, April 27th. A new Mexican restaurant is already set to open in its wake.
Have you seen restaurants opening or closing in your neighbourhood? Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org