Toronto Food Events: Good Food & Drink Festival, TUM, Brew Benefit, Dubon Chicken
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events: festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. You can find us here every Friday morning.
- The Good Food & Drink Festival starts today Friday, April 5th and runs until Sunday, April 7th at The Direct Energy Centre. Admission is $14, and 20 tasting tickets sell for $20.
- The Toronto Underground Market is back at the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue) on Saturday, April 6th from 5pm to 10pm.
- Dishcrawl presents a Brew Benefit on Sunday, April 7th at 2pm, self guided tours will hit six venues in the Esplanade and Front Street area. Tickets are $40 and include 12 samples, dishes are an extra $5 each. All proceeds will support The Stop Community Food Centre.
- Dubon Chicken will pop-up for three nights only on April 8, 9 and 10, at Elle M'a Dit Restaurant (35 Baldwin Street). Chicken wing lovers might be out of luck though, this reservations only event is fully booked.
- Terroir 2013 takes place on Monday, April 8th at Arcadian Court (401 Bay Street). The symposium brings together food service and hospitality professionals to engage in this years theme, For the Love of Food: stories, memories and culture. Tickets are $175,
- The GE Cafe Series Masters of Food returns to the Evergreen Brick Works (550 Bayview Avenue) on April 9th with A Raw and Wild Spring presented by vegan chef, Doug McNish. Tickets to this single workshop are $75
- Craft your Senses, a beer tasting event is happening on Thursday, April 11th in support of the CNIB at 3030 Dundas. General admission is $15, tasting tickets are additional.
- Catch vegan chef, Douglas McNish again this week at the Rising Star Chef Dinner Series on Thursday, April 11th at The Chef's House (215 King Street East). Reservations are accepted by phone or online.
- Colborne Lane presents a Reunion Dinner on Monday, April 15th at Origin Liberty (171 East Liberty Street). Alumni including; Matt Blondin (Momofuku Daisho), Steve Gonzalez (Bushwick), Andrew Wilson (Colborne Lane, Origin North), David Haman (Woodlot), Jonathan Poon (Chantecler) and Ben Heaton (The Grove) will pay homage to the their time at the recently shuttered restaurant.
- The Group of 7 Chefs and Ted Corrado (The Drake Hotel) present a 5-course Wild Leek Dinner. Tickets are $75 and available now for the Monday, April 29th event that starts at 7pm with a canapé and cocktail reception.
- Tickets for the Session Toronto Craft Beer Festival are on sale now. The Saturday, June 22nd event will go from 3pm to 9pm at the Wychwood Barns. The $50 ticket price includes an afternoon's worth of beer.
- ESÉ, is serving up Torta Aghoada (Cochinita Pibil or the veggie version with jackfruit) at today's Beastwich (Friday, April 5th) at Beast Restaurant (96 Tecumseth Street).
- Cardinal Rule (5 Roncesvalles) celebrates two years in business on Saturday, April 6th starting at 6pm with drink specials and a menu relaunch.
- Fidel Gastro's new show Rebel Without a Kitchen debuts on Tuesday, April 9th at 10pm on Travel+Escape.
Photo from Dubon Chicken's Facebook Page