Toronto Food Events: Earth, Wine, Fire Dinner, Lucky Gnocchi Day, Edible Sagas, TIFF Food on Film, TUM
Toronto Food Events rounds up the most delicious events: festivals, pop-ups, winemaker dinners, supper clubs and other food related happenings in Toronto this week and next. Starting this week, you can find us here every Friday morning.
- Gilead Wine Bar (4 Gilead Place) hosts an evening of small plates, cocktails and wine tonight, Friday, March 22nd from 6 to 10pm. Reservations are not required.
- The Rusholme Park Supper Club presents Nowruz - Persian New Year by Shayma Saadat and Bahareh Hosseini at The Depanneur (1033 College Street), on Saturday, March 23rd at 7:30pm. Tickets are $40 for this feast of family heirloom dishes starring ingredients like saffron, almonds and pistachios.
- Rosewood Estates Winery and Earth (2448 Bloor West) celebrate Earth Hour on Saturday, March 23rd from 6:30 to 10pm with a candlelit winemaker dinner. Tickets for this Earth, Wine, Fire Dinner are $99 for the canapé reception and 5-course tasting menu with wine pairings.
- Group of 7 Chefs present a French Bistro Dinner at Mogette (581 Mount Pleasant Road) on Monday, March 25th from 6:30pm. Tickets are $75 and include a canapé and cocktail reception followed by 5-course tasting menu.
- Caplansky's (356 College Street) leads the Second Seder on Tuesday, March 26th. The deli will host two seatings at 5pm and 8pm and serve up a traditional 7-course Passover meal for $49.
- Reserve a seat at this month's Lucky Gnocchi Day at Piola (1165 Queen Street West) on Friday, March 29th. All you can eat plates at only $15 letting you sample all 7 sauces.
- Death Row Meals presents A Cut Above, a butchery and pasta making seminar lead by Jeremy Losier (Dolce Lucano) and Nick Manzone (Campagnolo, Buca) on Monday, April 15th at 7pm. Demonstrations will cover breaking down a side of pork, sausage making 101 and pasta making from scratch. Dinner is included, as is take-home portions of the sausages and pasta prepared that night. Tickets are $60 and available online now.
- Icelandic Canadian Club of Toronto (ICCT) presents Thorrablot 2013: Edible Sagas on Saturday April 13th at the Estonian Club of Toronto (958 Broadview Avenue). The cash bar opens at 6pm and dinner follows at 7pm with an Icelandic Canadian buffet featuring delicacies like Hangikjöt: (smoked lamb), Rullapylsa (rolled, spiced lamb flank), Gravlax (cured salmon) and an array of traditional desserts. Tickets are $55 for non ICCT members.
- Single tickets ($35) are available now for Food on Film: David Chang on Eat Drink Man Woman presented in part of the ongoing TIFF Bell Lightbox subscription series. Momofuku's chef and founder will be present to discuss the film after the viewing on Wednesday, April 3rd at 6:30pm
- Tickets go on sale today, Friday, March 22nd for the next Toronto Underground Market happening on Saturday April 6th.
- The Stop launches its book, The Stop: How the fight for good food transformed a community and inspired a movement on Sunday, March 24th from 1pm to 5pm in the Green Barn (601 Christie Street, Barn 4). Admission is free.
Send tips for upcoming food events to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo from a previous TUM event by Ksenija Hotic Photography