This Week in Food: Archive Wine Bar, The Jerk Joint, Karelia Kitchen, Food Trucks for Charity, The 12 Beers of Christmas, Bloor Street Entertains
This Week in Food rounds up the week's food news, restaurants openings and closings, chef movements and upcoming food events in Toronto. Find us here every Friday morning.
OPENINGS & CLOSINGS
- New wine and tapas bar, Archive is now open next to Saving Grace at 909 Dundas West.
- The Queen Street Market (238 Queen Street West) continues its transformation into a healthy food hub with the opening of its first new stall, The Jerk Joint.
- Karelia Kitchen is set to offer Scandinavian cuisine when it opens next month at 1194 Bloor Street West.
- LPK's Culinary Groove is closing at the end of December citing mounting costs for continuing their local, organic, and fair trade practices.
- Fortylicious and sommelier Matt James host a wine tasting and discussion at the Foodies on Foot Studio (75 Portland) on Wednesday, November 28th from 7pm to 9pm. The evening will focus on tasting methods, how to take wine notes, and food matching.
- Food Trucks for Charity will take over 99 Sudbury on Sunday, November 25th from 11am to 5pm. Eight of Toronto's best gourmet food trucks will be on hand with all proceeds from the $10 ticket going to Movember.
- CANFAR marks its 25th anniversary with Bloor Street Entertains on Wednesday, November 28th. The fundraiser event kicks off with the Twilight Party at the Royal Ontario Museum (100 Queen's Park) at 6:15pm followed by dinners at 8pm hosted at various Bloor-Yorkville retail locations turned elegant dining venues for one night only.
- The Gladstone Hotel (1214 Queen Street West) features The 12 Beers of Christmas on Friday November 30th in the Melody Bar from 6pm to 9pm. This free beer tasting event offers each guest the chance to sample 5 complimentary beers, with additional samples available for purchase.
- Tutti Matti (364 Adelaide Street West) celebrates its 10 year anniversary with a month long family-style prix fixe menu starting Thursday, November 29th.
- Tori's Bakeshop (2188 Queen Street East) is offering festive DIY Vegan Gingerbread House workshops every Sunday from now until Christmas.
Photo from our profile of Tori's Bakeshop