This Week in Food: Rebozos, Patria, Richmond Station, Cafe Boulud, Crown Cooks, The Drake Fall Market
This Week in Food rounds up the week's food news, restaurants openings and closings, chef movements and upcoming food events in Toronto. Find us here every Friday morning.
OPENINGS & CLOSING
- Rebozos is now serving up 3 for $10 tacos in their newly opened outpost, just east of Bathurst at 424 College Street.
- Patria, a Spanish-themed restaurant opens next week at 480 King Street West, next door to the recently opened Weslodge Saloon, and from the same owners, Hanif Harji and Charles Khabouth.
- Richmond Station (1 Richmond Street West), from Top Chef Canada winner and former Marben chef, Carl Heinrich opens its doors this week.
- The highly anticipated Café Boulud and dBar from famed New York chef Daniel Boulud are now open in the Four Seasons Hotel (60 Yorkville Avenue).
- Crown Cooks (797 College Street) from Chef Grant van Gameren (Enoteca Sociale, Black Hoof) is slated to open in January in the College Street location formerly home to Grappa Ristorante.
- As part of The Bier Markt's 10-day Oktoberfest celebration (starting Thursday, October 11th), the Shops at Don Mills is hosting 'Oktoberfest in the Square.' This outdoor celebration runs until Sunday, October 14th and features traditional biers, Bavarian fare and live music.
- The Drake Hotel's (1150 Queen Street West) Fall Market returns on Saturday, October 13th, from 10 am to 4 pm. In addition to a bake sale, artists and artisans will showcase their wares on the Café patio. Also on offer, there will be a Three Dollar Menu available from 4 pm to 9 pm including $3 Mini Drake Burgers, selected pints and cocktails.
- The Toronto Chocolate Festival kicks off tomorrow (Saturday, October 13th), through to Sunday, November 4th with various events across town including 'Chocolate High Tea' each weekend at King Edward Hotel (37 King Street East), and 'The Chocolate Ball Gala' on Friday, October 19th.
- Rusholme Park Supper Club hosts Mediterranean Vegan Deluxe with vegan culinary wiz Emily Zimmerman at The Depanneur (1033 College Street), on Sunday, October 14th at 7:30pm.
- The Cookbook Store (850 Yonge Street) launches Mairlyn Smith's new book, The Vegetarian's Complete Quinoa Cookbook with a free event on Monday, October 15th at 6:30 pm.
- The Stop's Beer Garden bids farewell to summer on Sunday, October 14th from noon until 5pm. This week, beer is by Beau's and food by Adventure Food.
- Seats are now being reserved for Oliver & Bonacini's Taste of Burgundy happening on October 24th. This 5-course dinner with wine pairings is priced at $140 per person.
- Church Aperitivo Bar celebrates Taste of Liguria on Wednesday, October 17th, with a $50 tasting menu, featuring 5-courses inspired by the city of Genoa.
- Though still a month away, tickets ($45) are available now for the 3rd Annual Toronto Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown happening at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel on Wednesday, November 21st, at 7 pm.
- The Gladstone Hotel (1214 Queen Street West) is now offering $5 burgers and $5 pints on Mondays, from 5 to 8 pm.
Photo courtesy of Cafe Boulud