This Week in Food: DT Bistro-Patisserie now open, Cooking Fire Theatre Festival, O X A L A pops-up, Mount Pleasant gets Restaurantacular
This Week in Food rounds up the week's food news, restaurants openings and closings, chef movements and upcoming food events in Toronto. Find us here every Friday morning.
OPENINGS & CLOSINGS
- DT Bistro-Patisserie has reopened its Harbord Street location after undergoing major renovations in the first half of this year. The space at 154 Harbord Street now boasts two floors featuring a dining room, tea room and garden.
- Urban Smoke Fusion BBQ is the newest addition to T.O's booming food truck scene. The new truck is set to hit the streets in the coming months serving up southern style and fusion BBQ.
- Hawthorne Food and Drink from chef Eric Wood (Fabarnak) is slated to open at 60 Richmond Street East towards the end of summer.
- After 51 years in business, Senior's Steak House & Restaurant (1397 Yonge Street) will be closing their doors on June 23rd.
- Rumour has it, South of Temperance will be looking to relocate once they shutter their doors at 20 Adelaide Street West to make room for a new office tower at the end of October.
- Stop by The Drake Hotel (1150 Queen Street West) for the Drakeland launch tonight (Friday, June 22nd) from 5pm to 9pm, and enjoy a special menu of carnival inspired treats and cocktails.
- Dufferin Grove Park hosts the week-long Cooking Fire Theatre Festival from June 20th to 24th. Now in its eighth year, this week-long celebration boasts original work from acclaimed theatre companies and organic meals cooked onsite at the park's two wood-fired outdoor bake ovens.
- The Rusholme Park Supper Club hosts a Paleo Dinner on Sunday, June 24th at The Depanneur (1033 College Street). Summer Innanen of Haute Life introduces guests to the diet of our ancestors with a focus on locally sourced meat, ﬁsh, eggs, vegetables and fruits.
- Portuguese and Mexican pop-up O X A L A is back from 6 to 11pm on Monday, June 25 at La Revolucion (2848 Dundas St West).
- Restaurantacular takes over Mount Pleasant on Tuesday, June 26th from noon until 9pm. Sample the best this neighborhood has to offer with special plates being offered for only $2, $4 and $6.
- Rodney's Oyster House (469 King Street West) hosts the 24th Ontario Oyster Festival on Sunday, July 15th, 2012. Tickets are $35 and include 2 drink tickets and a half-dozen oysters or a plate of tacos.
- Reservations are now being accepted for Summerlicious. Now in its 10th year, this delicious event runs from July 6th to 22nd and features over 180 restaurants across the city.
Photo by kaeko in the blogTO Flickr pool