Tuesday, September 16, 2014Mostly Cloudy 13°C

Toronto might crack down on nudity at Pride

Posted by Aubrey Jax / March 5, 2014

Toronto PrideToronto's 2014 Pride Parade is in danger of being stripped of its right to bare... everything? As City Hall becomes more shambolic and our Mayor claims he has "nothing to hide" (after lying repeatedly to the public, etc), some Toronto school trustees are demanding the parade cover up. The school board is planning a float for the parade, and they're pulling a "think of the children" -- though a Mardi-Gras float of the Mayor smoking crack should be a lot harder to explain to your kids than some Torontonians marching in the buff.

Trustee Sam Sotiropoulos is on the side of the law (but not the fun side of the law, like you want) telling the Star: "I cannot sign off to participating and promoting an event where the laws against public nudity are being flouted." While one has to question the claims Sotiropoulos must make to himself that he really is a fun guy (right?), one obvious solution that could make everyone happy would be the school board holding onto their float, which will apparently feature Helen Lovejoy, until the Santa Claus Parade.

Should nudity be banned at Toronto Pride? Let us know in the comments.

Photo by Mauricio Calero

T / March 5, 2014 at 08:59 am
If you want to be nude, go to Toronto Island and go to the nude beach, don't march through the city nude. Enough of this.
cosmosuave / March 5, 2014 at 09:08 am
If you don't want to see nudity then don't go...
Silvina / March 5, 2014 at 09:08 am
Agree with T, why do you have to be naked to show that you are proud of being gay?
Grant / March 5, 2014 at 09:11 am
I attend the parade as often as I can. I do not go nude As I am NOT comfortable being naked in public but I am NOT going to infringe upon those do TNT has been part of pride for years. There is no shame in the human body. Why should we teach shame?
tea_is_my_favourite_drink / March 5, 2014 at 09:11 am
Absolutely not.
BM / March 5, 2014 at 09:12 am
Good luck enforcing that. Maybe we don't need the TDSB float. Sam Sotiropoulos is a bigot anyway. See ya.
Helio / March 5, 2014 at 09:12 am
I'm gay and pride, but I don't think be naked helps LBGT movement. Too kink!
dave replying to a comment from cosmosuave / March 5, 2014 at 09:15 am
I just don't get it...you want to show your junk? that makes you "proud" ...proud of what? The meaning of being proud is simply gone. Disgusting!
SM / March 5, 2014 at 09:16 am
SHAME! SHAME! Hide your shameful bodies. Enforce the prudish norms of a fucked up society that glorifies violence but shames the corporeal birth given gift.
Zach / March 5, 2014 at 09:18 am
Too bad we're all so ashamed of the naked body.
dave replying to a comment from cosmosuave / March 5, 2014 at 09:19 am
I'd quote the most stupid comment:

"cosmosuave / MARCH 5, 2014 AT 09:08 AM
***If you don't want to see nudity then don't go...***

They are doing a PARADE ...it means that it's in the middle of the street you idiot! I don't mind the Gay Parade but being simply stupid is different!!!

Be Proud!!! show everybody the difference
Jeff / March 5, 2014 at 09:21 am
I live at Yonge and College, and this year I was walking over to the Loblaws during pride at like 2 in the afternoon, and there were 3 men, maybe in their 40s-50s, walking completely naked down college towards the pride area. Ok whatever.

Problem was the mother with her 2 children who were probably 6ish and 10ish, the oldest being female, who had to watch them go by as they came out of the grocery store.

I think at the very least there should be some sort of code of conduct thats like.. if you're not actually in the pride area, keep it covered until you get there. The area its in, right beside yonge street, is pretty busy with people who arent involved in the festivities and are just trying to go about their day. Common courtesy should still be a thing, I think.
iSkyscraper / March 5, 2014 at 09:23 am
I have no interest nor stake in this event and do not really care. But it grates me when questions of policy arise and people look to the drug-addled brain of the child-mayor or the simplistic minds of many of the other local officials. Enough with the navel gazing, the answer liesin studying best practices in other cities. Whatever the issue, the first question should be "how do other first-tier cities manage this?"

In this case, the trend towards normalizing (for lack of a better word) these parades is common everywhere and there has been discussion in other cities for what to do about it. Here is a quick primer:

My advice -- figure out what Chicago, SF, Boston, Montreal, Vancouver and NYC do and then reset Toronto policy to match the median.

U / March 5, 2014 at 09:24 am
I also don't get why you have to be naked to show pride. I attend the parade every year, but the nudity does confuse me.
bdot / March 5, 2014 at 09:28 am
The first time I went to pride was when I was eight with my parents and family who were from the suburbs. We all had fun but were they in the wrong for taking me at such an early age? I don't think so because nudity isn't wrong. Its the human body and looking at it bare didn't scar me in anyway. Going as an adult it doesn't bother me either because it is a celebration of diversity and sexuality. I understand families want to take their children to pride or there are the few that think being gay doesn't mean having nudity at the parade, but really it is the only parade of it's kind. If you don't like it, don't go. Also hopefully the school that would have the float in the parade would select kids confirming with their parents knowing full well what is expected at this event. Every year this is an issue and it gets so annoying.
DD / March 5, 2014 at 09:29 am
Ya i dont think its right that cock and balls are out there as it is a family event as well.... if you want to be completely naked go to the island beach. The gay pride movement is about sexuality choice not a circus where does nudity come into it?????
duder / March 5, 2014 at 09:34 am
IMO this is an overblown issue. I go to the parade each year and out of literally thousands of people in attendance, there's maybe a handful of disgusting folks who choose to bare their all (and trust me, these are never people you'd want to see naked).

I honestly have never thought much of it, and I really think this is coming up as an excuse to bash Pride as a whole (you'll see one of the excuses for the Mayor and his ilk to not go is because they don't want to "see naked men running down the street".

But let's be real - this represents maybe 1 per cent of the entire Pride festival.
iSkyscraper / March 5, 2014 at 09:38 am
One other comment about best practices when it comes to nudity -- some cities are quite tolerant of the issue, even when it has absolutely nothing to do with LGBT. The "Bay to Breakers" race, a half-serious/half-party race of 80,000 people in SF for some reason has a LOT of nudity. In a 12k race. Bizarre, but allowed. during the event.

It's a tricky issue best left to objective analysis of what other cities do rather than internal theorizing and Sun-comment-board trolling.
Kate / March 5, 2014 at 09:42 am
no, Pride is not about a "sexuality choice". What decade are you in.

TrusteeSam is the guy who litters twitter with posts about "homosexism" and how education programs targetted at various communities are wrong. I wish people would stop interviewing him.

A little nudity shouldn't shock/offend, and if it does, just don't go.
Qaf / March 5, 2014 at 09:44 am
Regardless if you support nudity for whatever reason, don't force it onto others in a public event. By demanding that we allow nudity in the parade (other, more private or niche events are different), we're telling people who aren't comfortable with it that they're not welcome. Is that what the pride parade is about?
asas / March 5, 2014 at 09:47 am
this is the main reason i dont go the the parade . i went one year and was disgusted by the nasty looking nude bodies i saw, also i saw 2 men engaging in sexual acts . I was only 14 but that my memory of the pride parade. Get rid of the nudity no other parade is allowed to have it more people would go .if it was the Caribbean carnival 100s police offers would be arresting every nude person there
Jordan / March 5, 2014 at 09:50 am
So much prudishness. There's nothing inherently wrong with being naked. And in all honesty - people are naked or nearly naked all over the place - gym locker rooms, pools, the beach. No great harm can come from seeing some sausage and pancakes walk by.
Moneesha / March 5, 2014 at 09:54 am
Pride isn't a family event. It's a celebration of sexuality. The nudity is typically non sexual and barely noticeable.

Keep the kiddies at home. What's next banning alcohol because drunk people set a bad example for children watching the parade?
Me / March 5, 2014 at 09:54 am
I am always amazed that people don't blink an eye when they see violence, abuse and torture, but show a boob or OMG! a penis, and it's the most awful thing ever? Seriously? Our society needs to grow up. You don't want to see naked people parading on the street? Don't go to the pride parade, just like you would avoid going to the nude beach. Seriously!
Dogma / March 5, 2014 at 10:03 am
It seems like the entire purpose of the parade is to create a safe space where people can come together and be comfortable with their sexuality and with their bodies in all their diverse glory. The naked body is part of that.

If we, as a society, are quivering in fear over the possibility that we might see a naked body strolling down Yonge Street during a gay pride parade than we really have to re-assess our relationship with our own bodies because something has seriously gone wrong.

And, of course, it's even more demeaning to see this being used as a wedge issue by people like Ford and our esteemed school trustee Sam Sotiropoulos who otherwise would never give a damn about the gay community and the Pride parade.
DL replying to a comment from Silvina / March 5, 2014 at 10:06 am
Because being "proud" doesn't mean what these people think it means.
DL replying to a comment from Jeff / March 5, 2014 at 10:07 am
The pride committee reserves its right to scar your young children for life. Don't like it? HOMOPHOBE!
carol / March 5, 2014 at 10:09 am
parading nude does about as much for being gay as the going bra-less ever did the womens liberation movement of the 60's. Nada. If you can recall, The Eatons Santa Claus Parade (and Christmas windows )in TO, growing up was an extremely happy, festive,creative, special parade for so many TO children. It was imaginative and full of wonder. At a time when the Santa Claus parade is facing funding issues, and could be so much more, if everyone pooled their energies together for one parade like a world class city Macys Rose Bowl Parade. its just a sad commentary the city follows the economic revenue adult gawkers bring in. Children generate no money and have no power in this city. Im not a Rob Ford supporter, and very proud of my gay friends, supporting their full GLBT rights. I also support killing the parade, and unifying under One parade that has more creative imagination, includes children, and all full equality for all colours, ages, sexual persuasions- and comes together to promote the joy of the human spirit.
Kwil / March 5, 2014 at 10:10 am
While I agree you do not have to be naked in order to be proud, I'd much rather see naked bodies walking down the street in unity and celebration than a lot of the bad images and crap we are subjected to in the media.
You're not uncomfortable watching soldiers marching in to create a divide- but a few naked bodies dancing in the sunny street will make you scream???
Dogma replying to a comment from carol / March 5, 2014 at 10:23 am
So you want to get rid of the Gay Pride Parade and have a combined Santa Claus/amorphous other stuff parade; you know, because it would be a good economic event.

Are you barking fricking mad?

There might come a day when we don't need a Pride Parade any more. But we're not there yet.

We're not there because the US is still debating laws that would legalize discrimination against gay people.

We're not there because Russia is passing laws that are telling people to jam themselves into the closet and stay there.

We're not there because in Africa countries are passing laws that make being gay punishable by death or life in prison.

And finally, we're not there because too many people in this country still want to turn back the clock and make gay people go away.

So yeah, all that marching in and holding a Pride Parade is about a whole lot more than monetizing Christmas or creating a nice little event for you to bring the kiddies too. The people in that parade have fought a long hard battle to win that public space and there's plenty of proof that that battle isn't over yet.
wtf / March 5, 2014 at 10:26 am
Can you imagine the embarrassment of trying to enforce this just as the world is coming here for world pride. I don't know who's idea this is but this would be media nightmare (g20?)for what is otherwise supposed to be one of the happiest events of the year.
Moniq / March 5, 2014 at 10:31 am
Here's n easy solution - breeders stay home and keep your children there with you.
Adam / March 5, 2014 at 10:34 am
I'm gay and very proud of the fact that we have made such progress here in Toronto, mostly thanks to the struggles of those who went before me. But what were they struggling for? Acceptance? Freedom to love who we want? Or the right to swing our junk around with kids and the whole world watching. Some of us are trying to show that gays are regular folks too, with morals and sensitivity to others. I for one have always been embarrassed by nudity at pride- some folks like to confuse Gay Pride with the need be a nudist. Why not make more people comfortable attending, not less?
yes / March 5, 2014 at 10:40 am
crack down... zing!!
Laur / March 5, 2014 at 10:54 am
I feel that the parade has not been of great help to educate those who are against or afraid of the GLBT community. It just throws it in their faces giving them more reason not to accept. I am personally not against nudity, but in this case I don't think it helps the cause to create awareness. For the earlier comment that states the idea of "if you don't like nudity, then just don't go", that is exactly it, they don't...and who is that helping? Is pride just an event to create shock and awe, or is it an event to support a community? What I think would work is that the parade during the day is a no-nudity event used to help educate. Then an evening event is nudity friendly, allowing freedom to those who want to dangle their bits in the street.

Rob / March 5, 2014 at 10:56 am
I absolutely believe that the laws against nudity should be upheld during the parade. Nudity has nothing to do with one's sexual orientation, and I believe the fact that nudity has been a part of the parade for so long sends the wrong message to people who only see select parts of the parade through the media. Not going to the parade does not spare people from seeing that which they have the legal right not to see. The parade route uses public streets, and the parade is broadcast on all major news channels. As a gay man, I want to show Toronto that we are respectful, upstanding citizens of this city just like everybody else, particularly during World Pride. If you want nudity to be a part of Pride, keep it in the clubs where admittance is 19+ and people know what they're getting into when they attend the establishment.
CM / March 5, 2014 at 11:02 am
Would the naked bike ride have to cover up, too?

Stanely / March 5, 2014 at 11:04 am
Have a Nudist parade if you want to be naked in public...go to Hanlans Point. What does public nudity have to do with being gay?

I lived in the Village for five years and loved supporting the event and my LGBT friends, but if you want acceptance and an end to prejudice stop putting your dicks and vag in peoples faces.
Shantiqua / March 5, 2014 at 11:04 am
Here's the deal: about a decade ago a bunch of men were charged with being nude in the parade. The case went to court and the ruling was, they were wearing shoes so they technically were not nude. And that's the way the law is applied during pride.

Here's another newsflash, the parade is not about gaining acceptance from straight people -it's a celebration of the LGBT community.

And as far as sexuality goes, last time I checked Pride does not involve 10 year old girls in suggestive costumes gyrating in a sexually suggestive manner, like another summer fest I could name.

Pride is for adults and the LGBT community not for straight people and their children.

jen / March 5, 2014 at 11:14 am
The tricky thing here is nudity is still illegal. Pride is about exhibitionism and people either love it or hate it.

I also feel that repressive cultures that hides sexuality from children only makes us more shameful of sexuality itself. Parents don't want to feel responsible for educating them on sexuality (and I wonder why? do they fear the same mistakes that they've made?).
Adam C / March 5, 2014 at 11:18 am
I for one hope they finally enforce the law. I don't get how walking around naked swinging your junk in peoples faces has anything to do with pride and being gay.

I hate how being gay myself I need to costanly differentiate between this minority of misfits and the vast majority of normal everyday people that just happen to be gay to friends and colleagues
Amaya Mocha / March 5, 2014 at 11:23 am
I am a huge pride parade supporter. I've marched side by side with many people who choose to bare all for the parade. However, the fact that I feel strongly about supporting equal rights and having an attitude of love, respect and acceptance for all people regardless of our differences does not mean I'm comfortable with all the nudity that I have to put up with to participate in the parade each year. I am not a prude, but I do not think the nudity helps the cause or promotes understanding or acceptance in any way. If anything I think it hurts it. As a mother I do not allow my young son to participate in pride because I don't want him exposed to the confusing message that the nudity sends. I teach him acceptance, grace and love every day; but until there's a ban on the nudity, I know that I would personally never be comfortable with him participating at pride no matter how much I would love to include him
nicola / March 5, 2014 at 11:29 am
thats kind of a very exclusive comment to make shantiqua.

I dont think people are asking for much, even just put a speedo on even a leaf maybe?
Joe replying to a comment from Dogma / March 5, 2014 at 11:31 am
Here Here!
Kolendo / March 5, 2014 at 11:35 am
Obviously Pride Week is first and foremost about celebrating being queer in a straight and cis society, but it has evolved into more than just that.

When I go to Toronto Pride, I see people embracing body positivity and sexual diversity. I see people being proud, not ashamed to be who they are. And I think at this point our culture and society NEEDS these attitudes. We have become such cold and prude people in many ways. Why are people so ashamed of the human body? Doesn't this shame mean that we're ashamed of who we are, ultimately?

Also, if there's anyone who SHOULD see nudity at pride, it's most definitely the children. Are you afraid it will encourage "sexual deviance" or something? How about having to talk to them about their own bodies? Oooooh scary!!! Or are you afraid of them becoming educated and liberated? Parents should encourage their children to go to pride, not encourage ignorance and vitriol.
sousedbergin / March 5, 2014 at 11:41 am
"Hey naked guy, I'm giving you a ticket, do you have any ID?"
How could I have ID?
"What's your name?"
Randy Ford.
Scott Dagostino / March 5, 2014 at 11:49 am
Every year, some politician pops up to denounce Pride for some particular group who marches in the parade.
Every year, the gay community feels threatened by this constant intrusion.
Every year, a few gay men denounce the others as radical queers (not "good" people like them).
Every year, we see these articles about how controversial Pride is.

I'm 43. I'm tired of this. Pride is a celebration of sexuality in its many forms. It doesn't need a "clothing optional" sign because it IS a "clothing optional" sign. Many people bring their children because they do not fear its fun and freedom, many people stay far from Yonge Street that weekend.

This is how it should be. And Mr. Sotiropoulos seriously needs a hobby or perhaps a renewed focus on his actual job of improving Toronto's schools.
Kelly / March 5, 2014 at 11:52 am
Looks like council is taking a page out of the Putin playbook to vote shill from homophobes.

Welcome to 1936 all over again.
Tiffany / March 5, 2014 at 11:53 am
Jesus Christ, aren't we all so Victorian. The nudity at Pride represents an exaggerated celebration of the right to be out and who you are. There's actually a purpose behind it, and what's the big deal with nudity anyway?

What will happen if your children see some dicks? Probably nothing, because kids aren't fucked up about sex yet.
Lisette Tamkei / March 5, 2014 at 12:08 pm
This is part of what makes Toronto Pride so amazing! The diversity, the freedom to be who you are, to show yourself, no shame, no boundaries, just people being how they are the most comfortable. If being nude is part of that, more power to them. There is too much shaming tin this world during pride should not be one of those times!
Welshgrrl / March 5, 2014 at 12:15 pm
In my experience children are a hell of a lot less uptight about nudity than adults, and its doubtful that they're going to scarred for life by a random bare tit or flaccid dick passing them by. In any event, I've yet to see rampaging hordes of naked pridegoers ambush nice het parents and sit on their faces in full view of their families.

I would hope that those who get their noses out of joint about this would feel the same way about the sexuality, simulated fucking etc. at Caribana ...
BPSai / March 5, 2014 at 12:26 pm
I think nudity should no longer be allowed at the pride parade. I work in Toronto every summer and it's really not something I want my 2 year old daughter to see nor do I want to see it. I know people will say don't go around the parade, but it's unavoidable as I work near the parade so I have no choice. If you want to be nude go where it's allowed.
Sarah / March 5, 2014 at 12:28 pm
I agree with both sides of the argument. People should have freedom of expression whether it is through nudity but at the same time the nudity may be perceived by others differently, may offend and it is illegal. Obviously one side is going to lose the argument but it is difficult to equate who is right in this situation.
Arturo / March 5, 2014 at 12:43 pm
The true "values" of Pride are unfettered sexuality. Somehow we went from Trudeau's: "There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" to "Let's take the bedroom out into the streets of the state". Now Trudeau's son poses for pictures with a pedophile(Levin)and Wynne(no explanation needed) at the Pride parade. We have fallen far as a society. This is not progressive morality, we have regressed to the practice of the ancient Greeks and Romans when this was the norm.
Right replying to a comment from BPSai / March 5, 2014 at 12:44 pm
But what is the problem? What do you have against your 2 year old seeing a naked human? Why does the human body scare you? And that goes to everyone. I hear comments that these bodies are unattractive. its not supposed to be sexual. Why does everyone think that someone being nude and comfortable with their body have to be a sexual thing? It isn't about sex its about body pride. Another form of pride in a world where saddos need to point out who's body is attractive and whose isnt and attempt to shame those individuals. either a lot of people aren't getting the point or a troll board caught wind of this article and are trying to bury it in close minded comments.
CW / March 5, 2014 at 12:53 pm
There should be full on orgies and crowd money shots. Anybody against this is a prude.
tommy / March 5, 2014 at 12:56 pm
What a dreadful group of bores you people are.
Paul / March 5, 2014 at 12:59 pm
Before I matured as a gay adult I cringed at transvestites, drag queens and leather bears. They didn't "fit" into my idea of "normality". Thank heavens I grew up! Pride is about expression and being true to yourself. Embrace it! People all fit into a sliding grey scale. Seeing a few people comfortable in their own skin won't scar you. Just avert your eyes if it makes you squirm.
Timmins replying to a comment from Right / March 5, 2014 at 01:01 pm
I'm thinking the latter
Annie Wilkes / March 5, 2014 at 01:04 pm
Parades are funded by the taxpayers of Toronto (that's all of them, including the 75% of the population that is deemed homophobe by the gay community), and that includes the pride parade. Clean it up, for all to attend, or get rid of it all together. "Dirty birds!" "Cockadudies!"

I'm all for pulling the funding all together. Yes, I'm a proud homophobe. Deal with it.
A lady / March 5, 2014 at 01:32 pm
I hope your children end up gay. I hope they have hot fulfilling gay sex. I hope gayness follows you everywhere. I hope gay couples hold hands in front of you. I want you to see more and more gay couples on tv, in movies, in books, in advertisements. I wish you the gayest of lives. Gay and proud.
MrP / March 5, 2014 at 01:50 pm
This is what's wrong with Toronto, and canada.
Why is sexuality such a huge deal?!
Canadians are such prudes.

Unreal.
Mrs Kravitz / March 5, 2014 at 01:52 pm
Jeez, just stay home or do something else during that weekend. It's a big city and big enough that rather than try and dictate the behavior of other people you can totally avoid the behavior you find objectionable without attempting to force people to conform to your particular idea of normalcy.

It's that easy.
Fact Check replying to a comment from Annie Wilkes / March 5, 2014 at 01:54 pm
Annie Wilkes:

Bzzzt! Try again!

Governments don't fund the Pride Parade at all. Government funding does support other aspects of the festival - notably it allows Pride to pay the artists who perform at the festival. Again, not the parade.

I guess you're not only proud of your homophobia, but of your ignorance, too.
Question Queery replying to a comment from Annie Wilkes / March 5, 2014 at 02:00 pm
Question to all those who are so worried about their children catching a glance of penis: How do you deal with other threats to your kids' innocence, such as the video of our mayor ranting like a psychopath in detail about the gruesome murder he intended to visit upon some unnamed enemy?

If you are so concerned about preserving such a strict public morality, why aren't you at City Hall right now and every day, protesting for the removal of this "sick motherfucker" (to use his words)?
lister / March 5, 2014 at 02:03 pm
Could always move the parade to January... Nudity "problem" solved... :-p
Phyl Good / March 5, 2014 at 02:09 pm
It's clearly time for another "Stonewall" type event. The TDSB is perfectly free NOT TO SEND A FLOAT if its panties are in such a knot about this.

I guarantee that if they pass some kind of by-law, the nudity will INCREASE.

This guy has got to be connected somehow with Councillor Mammoliti, who was SOOOOOOO preoccupied with the lesbians a year or so ago that he was down at the Dyke parade. Filming. "In case they were doing something wrong." Riiiiiiight.

These puritans should move to some oppressive theocracy where I'm sure they'll be very happy.
Peter / March 5, 2014 at 02:10 pm
pride is about showing who you are and if someone feel comfortable showing that they are proud being naked then who are we to stop? If we ban nudity at pride, what is the purpose of pride? It will defeat the whole idea.
Supportive sortof / March 5, 2014 at 02:11 pm
The Pride Parade is something that Toronto should be proud to host. It's a great tradition. However what does public nudity have to do with being proud of your sexuality. I think the message of Pride Parade has become or at the very least is becoming a catch all for groups with a completely different agenda. I was under the impression that being proud of your sexuality was much deeper than being able to walk down the street with your wang out. It's not the nudist parade. It's Pride Parade and I don't think the gay and lesbian community is being represented in the best light by people who refuse to wear pants...or skirt...g string or what ever tickles your fancy. Just wrap it up. Trust me when I say that most of my gay friends are looking at Pride Parade as a bit of a joke for that very reason. Why should this parade be exempt from the letter of the law? You don't see Santa cruising down the street with his dick out. I mean come on. Are we seriously having this discussion? I'm surprised it's taken people this long to realize 'Hey...why are they aloud to be publicly nude in that parade when any other time they would be arrested'?
mark / March 5, 2014 at 02:27 pm
Whoever thinks being naked in public is a good idea is sick and needs help. You freaks don't have a right to parade naked down Yonge street just because you think you're special. Put some clothes on and stop acting like freak shows. There's a reason you spend so much time 'in the closet'. You know deep down there is something wrong with you and that needs to be hidden from normal people.
Tom / March 5, 2014 at 02:29 pm
I agree - nudity should be banned at the pride parade. I support the LGBT community - but why does a parade need to feature someone running around nude? If there was a heterosexual parade (which there never could be) a man and a woman would most DEFINITELY not be allowed to Stand together nude.. If you want equality - then practice equality. Meaning ANY relationship is equal..
Taylor / March 5, 2014 at 02:52 pm
Forget about nudity laws being enforced during the Pride Parade... they should simply never be enforced. It should simply be perfectly legal to walk around naked wherever you want. If a business owner wants to enforce a clothing standard, that's fine, but on a public street there's no reason at all to make it illegal to simply not wear clothing. It causes absolutely no harm to anyone.
Rafa / March 5, 2014 at 03:13 pm
Nudity at Pride detracts from the cause. LGBT wants to be equal? Well, BE EQUAL. And at present, being nude at public events is not acceptable. If that changes across the board, then it can apply as such at Pride.
Annie Wilkes / March 5, 2014 at 03:29 pm
Oh isn't that nice. Calling moral people names (gay and straight) who don't approve of lewd conduct in public spaces.

Fact Check - Who cares what parts of the parade our tax dollars fund? The City of Toronto helps to FUND pride in a big way, and without it where would the parade be? If we yanked your permits, would there even be a parade at all? GRAVY!

lister - LMAO!

Supportive sortof - YOU I like.

Jen/Right/Paul - Kids get scarred by adult (not all gay) nudity all the time! Adults who expose themselves to other peoples children are called pedophiles. I'm sure the parade, as is, attracts many types of sexual preditors. Does that answer your stupid question as to why normal people don't want you shoving your ugly junk in their childrens faces? You get the fear factor now?

Phyl Good - And I wish you would...

Question Queery - I like Rob. He's on my side. I don't have to explain adult behaviour to children, because I don't expose them to it, and that includes your ugly junk. They're kids! Their lives are about magic, fun, family, friends, school etc. It will never be about your lewd conduct. Thought you might be excited to know (rev up your vibrators), lesbian Premier Wynne (my guess) provided extra funding for the OPP to take over Project Brazen 2. Guess one way or the other Wynne wants Ford out.

A Lady - Happily that will never happen. Sorry to disappoint you.
Pat replying to a comment from Adam / March 5, 2014 at 03:56 pm
I have many gay/ lesbian friends. I refuse to attend the Pride parade simply because of the nudity. There is no need for it. Many of my friends are also appalled by the nudity. It has nothing to do with Pride, but is only a few who feel that nudity is necessary to show their Pride. Keep the nudity out of the parade and many more will support and attend it.
Cari / March 5, 2014 at 04:06 pm
I personally am all for any nudity at Pride, but I do agree with a lot of the opinions I've been seeing and hearing. While we don't need to ban the nudity all together, it would be nice if people could keep their clothes on until it at least gets dark out.
I know quite a few people who live in the Church/Wellesley area, and while it is a great area to be in around Pride, what with all the excitement and music and everything, you CANNOT seem to avoid public nudity, no matter how early in the day it may be.
I understand the idea of 'if you don't want to see, don't look', but that is hard to put in to practice when you are in the midst of a near constant stream of naked bodies (male and female, of which I enjoy both) at 9 AM as you are drinking your coffee at the Starbucks before you head off to work.
Moaz Ahmad / March 5, 2014 at 04:06 pm
Whether you agree with the point of the motion or not, it is totally out of line for TDSB trustees to make such a call.
titsLEGAL / March 5, 2014 at 04:28 pm
I am a bit lost at this whole "asking the Toronto police to enforce public nudity bylaws" the TDSB is basing this on. Did a woman go topless in the 90s, was charged and went to court, and then set a precedent that woman can go topless in public and it's not a crime?

I know full naked is the "issue" here but come on. The "best" TDSB could swing via City Hall would be to say "you can't go bottomless". There are no longer strict "anti-nudity" bylaws in Toronto. They were struck down by the court already.

Man, I'm getting old if no one else remembers this! It was just in the late 90s.
Gloria / March 5, 2014 at 05:22 pm
Um, yeah, what about the Naked Bike Ride?
Ben / March 5, 2014 at 05:30 pm
I don't want to see Santa nude in his parade. The participants in the Million Man March didn't feel the need to expose themselves to get their message across. Everyone at Carribana manages to keep their clothes on. Grow up, children, and keep your pants on.
Annie Wilkes / March 5, 2014 at 05:37 pm
Gloria - Ewwwwwwe...hairy naked butts bobbing up and down on bikes. That's really gross too.
79 / March 5, 2014 at 05:40 pm
It's a gay pride parade, not a nudist's or kink/fetishist's pride parade. Nudity has nothing to do with celebrating equal rights for homosexuals. It is entirely unnecessary and adds nothing of value to the cause or event, and it's quite simply illegal. If you want to be naked, there are designated beaches and private resorts to accommodate you. There is zero reason to expose yourself in the middle of a public street, especially at a supposedly family friendly, publicly funded event. Ask yourselves this: would this be allowed at the Santa Claus parade? Of course not. What makes it alright at Pride?
Question Queery replying to a comment from Annie Wilkes / March 5, 2014 at 05:45 pm
Annie, it's positively adorable that you think your kids haven't been exposed to Rob Ford's murderous rant. I'm sure you do an absolutely fabulous job of parenting, even with your head burried so very deeply in the sand.

P.S. Having the OPP oversee the ongoing Brazen 2 investigation doesn't actually cost the province anything. But I am certain that watching Rob Ford take his perp walk will be pricesless.

When that happens -- and it will happen soon -- I'll be sure to think of you explaining it all to your kids.

Kisses!
Question Queery / March 5, 2014 at 05:59 pm
I must say, I enjoy nothing more than listening to straight people explain what does or doesn't have anything to do with celebrating equal rights for homosexuals and what does or doesn't add value to Pride. So thanks so much for that.

I don't expose myself at Pride and personally I look away bashfully from others who do, but I've paid enough attention to know that nudity has significance in the gay liberation struggle, and I know it's not actually doing any harm.

Anyway, the best way to guarantee an abudance of penis on display at Pride would be to try to crack down on nudity there. So good luck with that.
T / March 5, 2014 at 06:36 pm
Why is nudity such a horrifying thing for people? If you are uncomfortable in your own bare skin, fine, don't be naked, but don't stop others who are from being naked. Calm down, we all have the same bits.
S replying to a comment from Jeff / March 5, 2014 at 07:31 pm
Would it make a difference if the men were not in their 40s/50s?
Simon / March 5, 2014 at 07:34 pm
Engaging in respectability politics means fighting a losing battle. Why should the LGBT community try to appease a homophobic society? Why should we, and I say this as a bi man who hangs mostly in heteronormative circles but nevertheless include myself here, cater to straight standards? Why should we give a single solitary shit what some uptight do-nothing Middle-America-type puritans care about our junk? Don't like it? Don't gawk. Filter it out like you filter out all the violence and brutality in your children's cartoons. They can see robots beat the shit out of each other but they can't see a stranger's dick in public in a non-sexual context? No-one's violating anyone's privacy or boundaries by showing parts of our bodies that everyone else has. Think about your own body and mind your own business. Why does it disgust you so much to see a human being without clothes on? Your claims that the LGBT community would get more respect if they weren't any nudity at Pride are facetious and you know it. If it weren't nudity, you'd find something else to harp on about, something else to shit on us for, until you finally had the guts to admit that you're just a straight-up bigot who hates people who don't live the same way you do. Pride is not about you. It's our turf. You wanna have a say you pay heed to that.
Kevin replying to a comment from cosmosuave / March 5, 2014 at 08:21 pm
I don't want to see nudity, but I do want to support pride. I don't think that they are one and the same.
Oaks replying to a comment from DD / March 5, 2014 at 08:55 pm
Agree with you totally
notbelvedere replying to a comment from Oaks / March 5, 2014 at 11:08 pm
me too.
Annie Wilkes / March 5, 2014 at 11:32 pm
Question Queery - First things first...(punches Question Queery right square in the nose and draws blood)...KEEP YOUR LIPS TO YOURSELF! Typical of sexual preditors. Always touching things that don't belong to them. Any child under my supervision would be blessedly safe. My concern though, is whether you have access to children. Be very sad if you did. FYI, not all adults are as lax as you at taking care of children.

Brazen 2, hasn't cost the taxpayers more money YET. But it will.

Simon - Don't try and rub that shit off on us about respectability. It's the cornerstone of human rights. Human rights doesn't dictate that lewd conduct is your right, especially if it infringes on the rights of the majority (that's me, and people like me-the bigot and the homophobe, so you say, and judging from what I'm reading here, real gay advocates). Downtown is not your turf. You don't own it. It belongs to the taxpayers who pay for it (that's ALL who live in Toronto). As a member of the majority I'm here to tell you (and others like you) we don't want to see your ugly nasty junk, and we want City Council, Gay Pride organizers and the police to respect our wishes, and enforce the law. If they don't it's just more black marks against city councillors and police who are already seriously in the red with residents. I'm happy some members of the TDSB are advocating for kids. It's about damn time. TDSB needs a serious shake up too (Conservatives brush off your brief cases). As one of the majority WE don't care what YOU think. All We need care about is what WE collectively think, and how WE will collectively respond. You can comply willingly by showing respect for others, or we can take another tact. If anyone needs to heed, it's YOU.
NOBODY HAS ANSWERED / March 6, 2014 at 12:48 am
WHY IT'S SO BAD FOR YOUNGIN'S TO SEE A FEW BIG OL' FLAPPY DONGS?
i0i0i0 / March 6, 2014 at 02:43 am
This city is ridiculous. Who cares if people are naked at pride... Don't go/ bring your kids and grandma if you don't want them to see. There are really problems in this (turning in a joke of a) city to focus on. Pride is for queer people and queer supporters if you don't agree with it don't be there. don't ruin other peoples enjoyment.

i0i0i0 / March 6, 2014 at 02:46 am
Annie Wilkes

Move to Russia..
yes replying to a comment from Annie Wilkes / March 6, 2014 at 02:54 am
If your kids have the internet/televisionor video games they have seen a lot worse. Don't be a fool.
why / March 6, 2014 at 03:07 am
If your kids have internet they have seen worse. How offensive is it to see a few naked people really... I think it is super rude that a bunch of straight people who come for something to do on a weekend have any say. Don't come.
indignity / March 6, 2014 at 06:45 am
As per the law The law regarding public nudity, it may be referring to would probably be section 173 of the Criminal Code... prohibiting indecent acts which is not clearly defined except with the involvement of minors and lends itself to common law - the Judge's ruling. Nudity at the parade would be allowed by the reasonable person test. The streets are closed off, enough people have done it, it's been going on for a long time, and no one was hurt.

Nudity is fundamental to what the parade is. It has origins as a protest against Operation Soap - a police raid targeted specifically to drive gay bars (and brothels) out of business. Gay men were threatened and treated indignantly. By nature, it is not a PG-13 event so please stop trying to appropriate it. There are many other ways to show support for the gay community.
Annie Wikes / March 6, 2014 at 08:24 am
Annie Wikes...

"Lewd conduct" is a relative term. Many things we consider lewd in public are perfectly fine in the bedroom between two consenting adults.

However, this wasn't something we allowed gay people to do in the past. They weren't allowed to enjoy their sexuality even in private. This parade is a celebration of our freedom to enjoy sex. Since no one has ever oppressed heterosexual sex, there is not need for a heterosexual version of this event.

Sadly, without knowing the history, the beauty of the protest is lost and because so many people get involved without knowing the history, it becomes "lewd" acts for it's own sake which it is not. It has very deep roots and as consevative as I am, I cannot bring myself to oppose the nudity. It's about basic human rights.
Rick / March 6, 2014 at 10:53 am
This is disgusting, I hope the cops enforce this with a baton and pepper spray this year. I totally understand why Ford doesnt want to go to this and see all the gay dong flapping all over the place.

For you that are misinformed - Do you know where these gay dudes stick their dong's for pleasure? Yeah, I shure as hell dont want to be seeing that disgusting nonsense.
Drew / March 6, 2014 at 06:56 pm
You wanna be accepted and be treated like everybody else then obey the laws of the land like everyone else does.
WadeSimmons / March 6, 2014 at 07:05 pm
I think its pretty rude that some gays think they can break the law and that its a sexual preference issue. Its the law whether we all like it or not. If you wanna get naked rent the warehouse and go back to hiding indoors. While we're trying to accept you don't over complicate the acceptance by adding issues that are against the laws. This is exactly why a lot of the gay community no longer think the village has its place anymore and are against shioving the issue down others throats.

Were not against sexuality and showing skin, and dressing however you want. Caribana can get pretty sexual and the clothes can be quite skimpy and revealing but no one is actually nude.

REMEMBER YOU GOT CITY SUPPORT AND FUNDING $$ FOR THE PARADE AND PRIDE WEEK, NOW ITS YOUR TURN TO COOPERATE WITH THE CITY LAWS.
RG / March 7, 2014 at 10:00 am
And does everybody's puritanical zeal extend to the Toronto Naked Bike Ride?

Should the cops arrest these riders?

Own up to homophobia.
Chad replying to a comment from RG / March 7, 2014 at 01:17 pm
Yes cops should arrest these riders as well!

our tax dollars help fund the parade so we have more of a say and are more passionate about then the naked ride. Can you run the parade and pride week without city funding?

Also with World Pride Week coming to Toronto this year I think we should show the world we respect our city and it's a great place to visit after the image our crack smoking mayor has shown the world.

Do we want the world to think we're all on crack and running around naked? Or that we're a city to respect.
Matt / March 7, 2014 at 01:51 pm
If I ever need a reminder that ignorance, intolerance, and bigotry are still alive and well, I can always count on the BlogTO comments section.

I'd be more worried about the content of this comment section tarnishing a child's view on acceptance and tolerance than any ill effect seeing a penis, vagina, or breasts would have.

And to all of those complaining that their taxes pay for pride, just remember that the Pride Toronto Festival brought in $286 million in purchases related to Pride 2013. That's on top of creating or maintaining 3,470 jobs and generating $60.9 million in total tax revenue for governments.

PENISES, VAGINAS / March 7, 2014 at 05:56 pm
AND BUTTS, OH MY! WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!SEVEN
Gabe / March 7, 2014 at 07:29 pm
There are certain laws and freedoms that we all have to adhere to as part of this society, what part of that don't you understand? You are planning on breaking the law and that is unacceptable it has nothing to do with homophobia. You want to challenge the laws take it to the supreme court. Laws have changed for all in this country.It was only up until the 80s that families cold swim together nude in our public pools BUT we all have too respect the laws.

Donna / March 7, 2014 at 07:30 pm
So can I just got to the library, walk through the mall, or go throufgh a drive the through naked? NO

EqualRights / March 7, 2014 at 07:37 pm
Yo Simon its not a homophobic societies laws they are just the laws that we all adhere to, its called equal rights. If you want to be excluded and separate yourself from the acceptance that your community has worked so hard to achieve then by all means go ahead. You want to test a homophobic society then move to Russia.
Donna / March 7, 2014 at 08:57 pm
Not a homophobic issue its the law and could happen to anyone.

Timothi J / March 7, 2014 at 09:36 pm
Great Pride brought in $286 million in purchases, so does that mean you can break the law? Sounds like Ford Nation, I saved a billion dollars so I can do whatever I want!

Can those businesses that collected $286 million contribute to the parade so we can take it off the taxpayer?
Matt replying to a comment from Timothi J / March 8, 2014 at 12:25 am
No it doesn't. Did I say anywhere that I do support nudity at Pride?

Many business do support Pride in various fashions, including financial support. But our taxes go to fund festivals and events that return the investment countless times over. Adding significantly to the GDP, creating countless jobs, and generating taxes for all levels of government. It's how economics work. If you don't like your taxes funding festivals and events I'm sure there's somewhere you can move to.
Dresser / March 8, 2014 at 07:50 pm
The most important question to ask is, What Nudity law? I'm pretty sure there is no law against nudity. There is a law against indecency, so...that's really what sould be enforced...if you combine naked with sexual acts and visible to the public and especially children then you should face a judge. Otherwise...nobody should care if you choose to walk down the street naked, its your right. Just don't expect everyone to understand that.
Dresser???? / March 8, 2014 at 09:00 pm

what do you think is gonna happen if I walk into the Eaton Center naked. Don't you remember the mall streakers in the 70-80's arrested. Why do you think there is a defined nude ADULTS ONLY beach on the island?
Drive your car naked arrested

Steve / March 8, 2014 at 10:14 pm
Umm I'm pretty sure there's a reason there are strip bars and that they're adults only venues....
Terry / March 8, 2014 at 10:18 pm
Well I'd like my family to learn more about the gay community and acceptance BUT if your attitude is "stay home if you don't like it!" then I can see your community is not very accepting of others. We do live and work along yonge st so some of us have no choice
Rich replying to a comment from WadeSimmons / March 8, 2014 at 11:22 pm
Wrong, absolutely no city money goes towards the Pride parade, city funding only supports the cultural events at Pride such as the bands, art displays, and so on.

If there was no gov't support for the cultural events at Pride and no permits issued there would still be a Pride celebration and march. There was no gov't money or permits for the earliest Prides yet they were still very successful, the main difference being they were smaller and drew fewer tourists so provided less economic benefit for the city. Pride doesn't exist for financial reasons, if funding were eliminated the only losers would be businesses, the city and other levels of gov't that collect tourist tax money.

I believe there is social value in TNT MEN marching in Pride besides the fact they're part of a diverse LGBT community that Pride exists for and have every right to be a part of. Their presence challenges how we see our bodies and questions why we feel shame about being in our natural state. The trans people who have had perhaps top but not bottom surgery who march in the nude also have a social value beyond their right to be there since they raise awareness and questions about the differences between sex and gender. Nudity definitely has a place at Pride.

There's been no issue made about all the female nudity at Pride nor is anyone demanding the naked bike ride be banned or riders arrested. Its only gay male nudity at Pride that's turned into a social concern and legal issue which raises all sorts of questions about why is one singled out while the others overlooked.

Pride has to jump through hoops no other city festival has to. When it was about one group who was protesting Israeli apartheid city hall only made it an issue for Pride but not TIFF which has also screened films, and hosted film industry types, protesting Israeli apartheid. TIFF's funding wasn't threatened, only Pride's funding was.

At that time too there was also a chorus of hetero folks telling LGBT Torontonians what Pride was really all about. You don't hear anyone of European ancestry telling Caribbean Canadians what Caribana is really all about. It gets rather annoying as you can imagine.
Wade / March 9, 2014 at 10:47 am
That's because Carribana is clearly defined as a gun fest in most peoples view. If you attend you may get shot and never return back home.
Peter Kropotkin replying to a comment from Wade / March 9, 2014 at 09:27 pm
Only according to racist assholes like you. I'm willing to be that events like Mosport (or whatever music festival white straight people go to) erupt in violence too, but the media doesn't seem to want to publicize it, just black events. And idiots like you lick it up.
jess / March 10, 2014 at 04:56 pm
Seeing people naked with your children next to you should not be a big deal. Seeing people naked sporting s&m gear and being generally sexually outward (to put it gently) is not at all the same thing.
If you are walking through Frogner Park in Oslo there is a beautiful sculpture installation representing the human form throughout the cycle of life. There are gorgeous nude sculptures pouring out of one and other in a rambling tribute to human existence. From children to the very old and every stage in-between we are exposed to ourselves in this powerful mirror of the human cycle. An installation like this is an appropriate setting for children to see nudes and learn about life and the body. I don't think explaining to an eight year old child why the man or women walking has nipple clamps on should fall into the realm of a parents teachings to their eight year olds. It is easy to say "Don't go then.." or "... the experience will pass for your child ...he or she will get over this". I am not prude or straight for that matter and I was raised with very healthy family sexuality so this isn't coming from an uptight or intolerant place.
Would it be ok for the accountants of Toronto to get together and wear nothing, draped in sex toys for an "Accountants Parade" ? I think one extreme would say it is not acceptable for anyone while the other might say it is completely acceptable in any parade setting to be nude and draped in sex toys (as they couldn't justify it being ok for themselves but not for others). Though, I think the accountants may parade for something a little more substantial than filling a need to be nude (if they felt the need to assemble at all). I am certain the Pride Parade is based on a little more than nudity, whistles, dildos and ecstasy. Are these things what being gay comes down to? Chaps, vibrators, whips, butt plugs etc...? Is this what you want the public to focus on when addressing the gay and lesbian communities of the world and the issues surrounding them? Are the issues that gays and lesbians are unable to express their sexuality publicly? No one is permitted to beyond kissing and hugging... why should you be able to? If you make this crap the focus of the parade you belittle your own cause. If the major issues you have as a gay man or lesbian woman come down to wearing assless pants etc...and are not deeply entrenched in legislative goals and a need for equality in all settings you are misguided and simply enjoy baiting people and confusing your own issues for all you represent and oppose.
I hope you all have fun at Pride and are proud to be what you are. I am proud of us all! I just don't want to see your asshole( even if i would love it in the bedroom) and imagine most others don't either especially with their children next to them. Maybe Naked at night after dark on the streets could be a healthy happy compromise. Address the issues in the light of day and have fun by night? I am not sure.

I know we can expect any legal discussions to change the Pride Parade in any way to be met with reverse hatred from the community. I hope our strong gay community in Toronto finds a way to rise above this stuff.

jess / March 10, 2014 at 08:32 pm
1)^should say.." it is too easy to say..."
2)^ The whole sentence about " are these things what being gay comes down to?" should read : Are these the things that we equate to being gay, lesbian or transgendered.
(or the sentence should just be removed sorry poor editing ....in a rush.)
ttfn
Tim / March 11, 2014 at 07:34 pm

DO WE HAVE TO KNOW WHO'S GAY AND WHO'S STRAIGHT?

CAN'T WE JUST LOVE EVERYBODY!
Tom / March 26, 2014 at 08:31 pm
I wish more nudists would be present at the Pride events and in the Parade. Nudists are a highly discriminated group. One just has to read all the negativity in the posting to realize that is true. Nudists come in all ages, shapes, sizes, colour, religion, and sex. What nudists need to do is to come out of the closet just like gay people did all those years ago and fight for their right not to be discriminated against. Luckily, there is a small group of nudists that are brave enough to walk around at Pride and we have the TNTmen walking in the parade.
Never feared a homo ever / April 10, 2014 at 10:04 am
This is absolutly ridiculous. Have you seen the San Fran gay parade? People having sex openly in the street. Is this what the gay community wants for Toronto? I've seen pictures and its deviant and downright creepy that they display this type of behaviour in public. Wrong Wrong Wrong. I think I will go to the parade to show my pride of being HMLW. Heterosexual Men Loving Women. Look for me there I will be handing out flyers and recording my adventures. I do worrg thought that I wont be accepted by the gay community and I will probably be beaten to a bloody pulp but guess what im no homophobe. To say as such would be to suggest that I'm afraid of you people. Anyways, if the HMLW community would like to meet up lets show our pride as well and lets see the heterophobia shine from these so called tolerant people :)
Or else Big Bad Annie is going to wag her finger at you!! replying to a comment from Annie Wilkes / April 10, 2014 at 01:17 pm
Annie: TUT TUT TUT, Pride Parade! Harruph! I say GOOD DAY, sir!!

Wondering / June 16, 2014 at 11:09 pm
When exactly is it? Date please?
Brazen Lee / June 20, 2014 at 09:10 am
Don't wanna be naked? Cool. Don't wanna see it? Avert thine eyes.

WHO GIVES A CRAP? Our city has failing infrastructure, and shit show at city hall, and the country is becoming capitalist. CARE ABOUT THAT!
Li / June 21, 2014 at 10:15 pm
I personally think its out right disgusting how gays prowl around naked. BY LAW (public indecency) is wrong. WE do NOT need to see you all marching in the nude nir do we ever want too. Being gay doesnt mean your above the law so cover the eff up. Want to be nude? Go to a nude beach. But when your in the city keep your filthy self covered!!!!!!!!!
evo / June 23, 2014 at 07:23 am
I think u should cover up I'm a parent and for that reason would not I would say again would not take my child there.. for the nudity. Should be for everyone and we don't care what u look like naked. Celebrate the normal way what u do at home stays there. Or go to the island!
Natalie wright / June 27, 2014 at 11:38 pm
Look at all the peoe on here shaming others for being body positive...SHAME ON YOU! Nudity is not immoral you forcing your will on others is. I'll be "nude" at pride, but not technically because I'm still wearing socks and shoes...
Sandy / June 30, 2014 at 04:55 pm
I marched in my very FIRST pride parade on Sunday.... I marched as nude as is LEGALLY allowed... I wore shoes and a hat. If parents are teaching children that their bodies are shamefull, I feel very sad for the children of tomorrow. :( Do those parents really want to go back to Victorian times? Perhaps they should move to a gated secluded comminity so their children will never grow to be proud of who they are. If people only realized that raising children in a "TRY NATURIST" lifestyle, is NOT sexual, but does promote body pride, and that these children do NOT have body issues or eating disorders... maybe they should educate themselves about what they fear and why.
Sandy / June 30, 2014 at 04:56 pm
I marched in my very FIRST pride parade on Sunday.... I marched as nude as is LEGALLY allowed... I wore shoes and a hat. If parents are teaching children that their bodies are shamefull, I feel very sad for the children of tomorrow. :( Do those parents really want to go back to Victorian times? Perhaps they should move to a gated secluded comminity so their children will never grow to be proud of who they are. If people only realized that raising children in a "TRUE NATURIST" lifestyle, is NOT sexual, but does promote body pride, and that these children do NOT have body issues or eating disorders... maybe they should educate themselves about what they fear and why.
Denise / July 1, 2014 at 06:18 pm
I am a huge supporter of the gay community but I have a big problem with full nudity at the pride parade or any parade for that matter. I don't see what it has to do with ones sexual orientation and what purpose it serves. The Gay Community has worked so hard get the respect they so much deserve and to have total nudity in the parade does nothing but bring unnecessary negativity to an event that should be positive and that's a damn shame.
Denise / July 1, 2014 at 07:04 pm
I am sorry but as I read some of the comments and see such things as "if you don't like the nudity then stay home" or " Breeders need to stay home and keep their kids home too" I have always been a big supporter of the pride parade and the fight for equality for the gay community. I would think that the gay community would welcome all supporters and especially children after all they are the future voices. These comments I am reading now makes me wonder if the support of myself and so many others , is even welcome.
Tdot / July 3, 2014 at 04:27 pm
I have boycotted pride. I am gay and I can't stand pride. It's become a commercialized freak show. It has nothing to do with LGBT issues and pride and more to do with the city and it's cash grab. More sex and nudity means more money. Just like on television. I don't want to see disgusting people with their penises and balls hanging and women in the buff prancing around while people stare and take pictures. What a freak show Pride has become. It's gross and disturbing and as far as I know, ILLEGAL? yet the Government and police turn a blind eye. Shame on them! all in the name of money and politics.
Kelley / August 9, 2014 at 08:40 am
There is a fairly good idea to meet the contractors who are looking forward to
improve articles around the light bulb, has been informative.
Be sure to get a mortgage the more advanced technologies that are outside the United
States Secrets. Getting in touch with your contractor,
the cost of using a contractor involves the rigorous search for
their high standards of health and overall reliability.
Seeing that it is important. With Sacramento roof repair.
Kristeen / August 10, 2014 at 02:01 pm
This type of work, was school bus arrested in Philadelphia.
Three-quarters of the topmost considerations before closing any deal.