Friday, October 31, 2014Light Rain 7°C

Rob Ford promises Finch subway in new YouTube video

Posted by Derek Flack / February 10, 2014

Ford Nation YouTubeBounced from radio and television, the Ford brothers have taken to YouTube to address Ford Nation and anybody else who will listen to them repeat over and over again how much money they've saved the city. Their new YouTube series, which features frighteningly close views of Doug Ford's face, rather explicitly lays out the basics of Ford's re-election campaign. And while most of this is familiar territory for anyone paying attention, the claim that subway infrastructure will be coming to Finch Avenue and that a Downtown Relief Line (yes, Ford called it by that name) will be built is noteworthy in its monorail-esque fantasy vision.

Ford also addresses allegations that he has a substance abuse problem and explains why he lied about previous drug use. "I'm not a drug addict," Ford stresses. "I don't use drugs. Have I in the past? Yes. When they ask me, it's very, very humiliating in front of the world to say 'yes,' and everybody's lied, so maybe people can tell me, why do you lie? People either lie to cover up, people lie because they're embarrassed, and that's why I lied."

Apparently Rob Ford's also a social liberal, but you can make your own judgment on that one. Watch the videos below if you haven't reached Rob Ford overload.

iSkyscraper / February 10, 2014 at 10:24 am
I think the Fords will quickly see that their worldwide TMZ-esque audience will not exactly enjoy watching dry videos of them talking about Toronto governance, lying about some of Rob's "activities" and not even addressing the rest. Disabling the comments section will give even more incentive to take a pass.

But the channel should provide great fodder (and video) for election opponents. A Finch subway? What, because the Sheppard subway is too crowded? Unbelievable.

Herman Menderchuk / February 10, 2014 at 10:47 am
It's telling that they've disabled comments and rating on these vids. The Fords hate dialogue, they just want continue to belt out rhetoric. Can't take anymore of this guy. Very happy that Doug is leaving city council voluntarily.
Goebbels-"I like!" / February 10, 2014 at 11:07 am
It's The Big Lie all over again!
Dan / February 10, 2014 at 11:15 am
People still pay attention to these guys? They're like sad old dogs that don't realize they can't climb the stairs anymore but keep trying. The difference is that you want to help the sad old dog.
the lemur / February 10, 2014 at 11:33 am
Rob being an incorrigible liar, this of course means he has no intention of truly building that subway (not that Finch needs it anyway).

These muppet mobsters need to STFU and go to jail already.
Zoe / February 10, 2014 at 11:42 am
I wouldn't waste a minute watching this. Who needs to hear their lies and same old BS. Good luck Toronto - if he gets elected again well let's just say "I Pity the fools" who voted him in....and sad for Canada to have this continued embarrassment of a mayor/citizen/person!
hip / February 10, 2014 at 12:12 pm
The best thing to ever come from YouTube!
jeff / February 10, 2014 at 12:33 pm
I was curious to watch it but the audio is annoying me so not going to bother.
NotThatDave / February 10, 2014 at 12:35 pm
Looks like they blew all the production money on that intro.After that, I stopped watching and sanitized my eyes and ears.
PurpleDrank / February 10, 2014 at 12:36 pm
I didn't know Great White North was back on!
John / February 10, 2014 at 01:05 pm
Should be called '4 Chin Nation'
Spike / February 10, 2014 at 01:07 pm
Stupid is as stupid does, yet again.

Hey assholes (I mean Ford brothers), please look at this site and get some info about LRT before you open your mouths: http://lrt.daxack.ca
R-b F--d / February 10, 2014 at 01:37 pm
Subvert!Subvert!Subvert!
Rio replying to a comment from Spike / February 10, 2014 at 01:40 pm
IS that the Same LRT that was shutdown every major snow storm this year stranding hundreds or thousands of commuters.
Terance / February 10, 2014 at 01:43 pm
Applause to the Ford bothers for using modern technology to communicate with voters/Ford Nation. Doesn't matter if you don't like it you don't have to watch, go look at some Kathleen Wynne photo ops or try and find the zero communication you've had from Stintz since she announced her run but never actually registered yet.
biggy replying to a comment from Rio / February 10, 2014 at 01:56 pm
Nope..

You are talking about the SRT, but I am going to guess you know that already and are just being dense.

The LRT we are putting in is modern rail vehicle that will run on it's own right of way. We don't have any here at all.
Brent replying to a comment from Rio / February 10, 2014 at 01:59 pm
No, in fact, it's not, although a quick check on that link would have cleared that up pretty quickly.
gary / February 10, 2014 at 02:22 pm
If you guys put up the Ford Nation Channel why not also put the the rebuttal channel, also on Youtube? Why can't you guys present both sides?

gary replying to a comment from gary / February 10, 2014 at 02:23 pm
FORD NATION REBUTTAL
gary / February 10, 2014 at 02:45 pm
Ubu / February 10, 2014 at 02:47 pm
So Ford! Much telegenic! Wow!
McRib / February 10, 2014 at 03:36 pm
i bet nobody actually emailed questions to these idiots.
lrt- NO / February 10, 2014 at 03:57 pm
For all those LRT lovers, you can check out the amazing experience it is to ride two streetcars hooked together in Scarborough, on the SRT. Please do this before you insist other people in Toronto suffer with these. Yeah it was modern once too, and the new ones will likely have the same lifetime of about 25 years. It hasn't been running for at full speed for years now, because it is so rickety.

For those who want to see what putting an RT down the middle of a main street, check out Boston's Green lines. It splits the neighbourhoods in half and clogs traffic big time, because people can't turn left unless at a major intersection. So there is a big dead space in the middle of the main streets. When there are accidents in the intersection, the RTs can't steer around it. So these places with RTs at street level become just places to avoid.
I'mNotAnOstrich replying to a comment from lrt- NO / February 10, 2014 at 04:53 pm
Once again...The proposed LRTs will be NOT GOING DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. They will be on their own right of way FAR away from the roads. No splitting of neighbourhoods...no congestion. Cheesh.
JFK / February 10, 2014 at 05:23 pm
"My brother Bob doesn't want to be in government - he promised Dad he'd go straight."
John F. Kennedy

I'mABird / February 10, 2014 at 05:25 pm
Too Bad the show wasn't taped live. Clearly they get to edit it to perfection before they release any Bloops and Blunders.
MxT / February 10, 2014 at 06:14 pm
Still better then OBAMA
glenn storey / February 10, 2014 at 06:40 pm
with any luck , the vegan black metal chef f will crash through the walls of the interwebs and chop the ford's heads off with his knife.
Not YouTube / February 10, 2014 at 07:21 pm
For the fffords, its YouBoob(s)
They are SO Ugly! / February 10, 2014 at 07:23 pm
A Who is Ugliest Contest: Randy, Rob, Kathy, Doug or Diane?
iSkyscraper / February 10, 2014 at 07:24 pm
Do we really have to educate these anti-LRT teapartiers all over again?

Why do you think that dozens of cities have built and are building LRT lines but only New York is building an entirely new subway line (and that one took 40 years and something like $19 billion)?

Because it is affordable to build and operate and it works in certain situations similar to Scarborough (or the outer parts of Eglinton, or Finch, etc.). No point arguing with dumbasses who not only have no idea what they are talking about but no knowledge of other cities. (The Green Line works very well, and is now being expanded. It is already the most heavily used LRT in the US. I'd say the 200,000+ daily riders don't mind the left turn restrictions on autos so much.)
Sabrett onions in sauce / February 10, 2014 at 07:49 pm
For once in my life I wish i was Canadian, so I can vote for this guy! If you guys don't want him New Yorkers will gladly make a trade for him!
mola / February 10, 2014 at 08:09 pm
I love how the debate on this thread is about subway vs lrt. To me the discussion should be why anyone should care about this chronic liar, bully and drug addict. Anyone that votes for this clown needs to get their head examined. You cannot believe anything he says. Savings, unemployment and many other Ford facts have been totally inaccurate.
Davy Gravy replying to a comment from Sabrett onions in sauce / February 11, 2014 at 01:54 am
Sorry, not buying. You probably meant to type "North Yorkers." No worries, though, the two get confused all the time.
Mad Cow Disease / February 11, 2014 at 03:02 am
The Fords have it. Can someone give those 2 ass hats a pie in the face on camera?
Sandro Lisi Stars in Ford Idol-Spin off Reality Show / February 11, 2014 at 07:07 am
Series Finale is Trial with Ford Testifying, jailed, October, 2014
R*b F**d / February 11, 2014 at 11:42 am
" Ilied because telling the truth is embarrassing." "Everytime I am embarrassed, I am going to lie." "I am always embarrassed." Therefore, Mayor Asshat lies all the time, about everything to everyone.
aDawg / February 11, 2014 at 03:33 pm
So, who's gonna get rid of these f*#king morons? Please, somebody? Anybody? Bueller?
Dougie / February 12, 2014 at 06:00 am
eDawg as soon as you get a candidates in tgwe running we'll see who may or may not challenge Rob. So far alls quiet from your side. Who you gonna vote for Stintz? Tory? Who's your boss?
R-b F--d / February 12, 2014 at 07:22 am
Subways!Stupor!Sorry! I like Mr. Submarine & Subway! Stupor! Sandro!Sandro!Sandro! Coke!Crack!Crack!
Sixty / February 12, 2014 at 09:29 am
This series is a comedy miracle. Gold.. I love it. Bravo!
Sixty / February 12, 2014 at 09:35 am
"who do you think is gonna win the world cup, I'll tell you who's gunna win the world, Italy's gunna win the world cup." Hahah! I'm in heaven here. So fun to watch!
Sixty replying to a comment from iSkyscraper / February 12, 2014 at 09:45 am
I think the exact opposite. They will love it. His internet approval rating will sky rocket because it's bloody hilarious.. You couldn't write their dialogue if you tried. It's like some kind of a bizarre 'Tim and Eric' skit. Highly entertaining. Which, sadly is all people have to cope with themselves as we hurl through space on this cold rock.

For the folks just watching snippets of this long tale over time... The Fords know how to get attention and they converse so naturally and so alike many segments of citizens. Their supporters will be refreshed by this and Robbie will gain more influence.
Rob Ford, Gerbil / February 12, 2014 at 02:37 pm
Rob the Gerbil can't pass a law or change a thing. He has his vote & Doug the Creeper's. So: 43-2?
Rob Ford, Gerbil / February 12, 2014 at 05:15 pm
O'm honest about lying.
Spike replying to a comment from iSkyscraper / February 13, 2014 at 05:12 am
Yes, it seems that we do indeed have to school these anti-LRT morons; I'll oblige with some info of my own I've provided before-http://lrt.daxack.ca/
Dr. Kukko / February 13, 2014 at 11:39 am
Does Rob Ford wear a bra? If not, does he need to? If he does, what size, including cup size.
Smelly Asshats! / February 15, 2014 at 03:12 pm
The Fordasshats are great at armpit farters nonpareil! The whole Fordass family puts on armpit fart concerts, but Robass & Dougass duets are the best. Right now they do all of Rihanna's songs and they dance while doing it.
Hazel McCallion / February 15, 2014 at 03:14 pm
I'd pay a dollar to see that...if could see past my wattles! Can't go out when it's windy as my wattles get in my eyes!
Marky / February 15, 2014 at 10:48 pm
Love how their backdrop is a crinkled poster. Nice work fucktards.
Xbox Live Gold Membership / February 16, 2014 at 02:44 am
It's very simple to find out any topic on net as compared to books, as I found this paragraph at
this web site.
casino / August 20, 2014 at 04:18 pm
It is get a loan little money in Credit ranking On Necessity when you need it the all.