Saturday, April 19, 2014Partly Cloudy 10°C

20 frozen photos of the ice storm aftermath in Toronto

Posted by Derek Flack / December 23, 2013

Toronto ice stormThe ice storm might be over in Toronto, but the damage it's left in its wake continues to plague a city in the midst of a major cleanup effort. Hundreds of thousands still lack power, and downed tree branches litter the streets. We've already shared a selection of photos from our Instagram followers, but because there's some many awesome shots on Flickr, it's only fair to shine a light on the work of photographers who captured the storm with more than just their cell phone. The ensuing images are as stunning as they are disconcerting.

Check out all the photos in our ice storm aftermath gallery.

bunny mel torme / December 23, 2013 at 10:39 pm
Any frozen pics of rob ford on sundays afternoon news conference??? Robbie was sweating like a pee eye gee. Bet you $2 rob was smokin the HEZZA when he got pinged to show up in mayoral garb for a live bews conference ;) Cudos to CTV for hitting robbie with smart questions, requiring intellectual answers. All our pathetic excuse for a mayor could do was sweat and stammer and repeat the same words over and over again. Bet you also robbie didnt call a state of emergency b/c he wants to stick it real good to Mayor Norm Kelly and Councellor Minnen-Wong.
h replying to a comment from bunny mel torme / December 24, 2013 at 11:19 am
More garbage from the uninformed.
Arborist for hire / December 24, 2013 at 08:46 pm
This storm has created some very dangerous situations, hire professional tree workers.
h2 / December 25, 2013 at 09:27 am
h:: is that h for hezza?
N McMillan replying to a comment from bunny mel torme / December 26, 2013 at 10:07 pm
GREAT COMMENT
6 days No Power / December 27, 2013 at 10:45 am
6 days without power and no recourse for a follow up! Toronto hydro hiding behind voice mail....the don valley east councillor on holidays until January....and deputy mayor in florida! Who should a resident of this city to call for an update? I'm hearing from Ford at least ..... Premier Wynn...what is the contingency plan for Ontarians still out of power? 6 days and 30,000 people without power still....what's the plan? a phone call to deputy mayor? Obviously all these highly paid public figures...whose salaries are paid with our tax dollars are not managing this city as the metropolis it should be. This is an embarrassment to the province of Ontario and an outrage to people who live here.

Toronto hydro...how about taking some of those over the top bonuses and investing in some proper infrastructure for the city....stop blaming the storm and start fixing the antiquated infrastructure. 6 days without power....really?? With the technology available today...this should have been resolved in half the time..at least. Again...where is contingency plan?
Outragageous!!!
thatsa it! / December 27, 2013 at 10:55 am
Moving to Calforny to prospect fer gold. Am I too late?
junkies_xmas replying to a comment from 6 days No Power / December 27, 2013 at 11:36 am
Must've hired Michael Bryant's PR company with all the drivel they're spurting (82%...89%...full house!). Ladies and gennelmen, your tax cuts at work... And yet, 6 days in, still can't put in a service request on their phone line/voicemail - time to spend the money and get hooked up to 311, flawed as it is.
h2 / December 27, 2013 at 11:52 am
GREAT COMMENT is it? Ok, here it is again-is that h for hezza?
K. C. replying to a comment from 6 days No Power / January 2, 2014 at 02:53 pm
I totally agree. This infrastructure is a joke.

While I was living in Europe I experienced maybe 3 power outages in 15 years, whereas the longest took about 7 hours to resolve.

During the last 6 years in Toronto, my apartment building had about 14 power outages, 3 of them took 1 day to resolve and 1 time it took about 2.5 days.

This is not an infrastructure, but rather a few power lines held together by duct tape.
K. C. replying to a comment from 6 days No Power / January 2, 2014 at 03:06 pm
I totally agree.

This infrastructure is a joke.

While I was living in Europe I experienced maybe 3 power outages in 15 years. The longest it took to resolve it was about 7 hours.

In the last 6 years in Toronto I had 14 power outages in my apartment builing alone, of which 3 took 1 day to fix and one time it took even 2.5 days.

This is not an infrastructure but rather a few power lines held together (or not) by duct tape.
Spike replying to a comment from K. C. / January 2, 2014 at 03:38 pm
Any chance that you could go beck to Europe and stay there?
New Toronto Condos / January 28, 2014 at 01:31 am
Some gorgeous photos. Mother nature is beautiful and scary! Kind of like a real mother.
The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 10 Watch Online / February 15, 2014 at 05:33 pm
My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was
entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply
how much time I had spent for this information!
Thanks!
3 Days to Kill Film Telecharger gratuit / February 15, 2014 at 07:42 pm
Your means of explaining all in this article is in fact
fastidious, all can without difficulty know it, Thanks a lot.
3 Days to Kill Telecharger / February 15, 2014 at 07:42 pm
Hey this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have
to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog
soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone
with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!