Friday, April 25, 2014Mostly Cloudy 8°C

The photos of the week: September 7-13

Posted by Derek Flack / September 13, 2013

streetcars toronto ttcThe photos of the week collect each of the editor-selected photos of the day into one post for a contest to be decided by our readers. Sponsored by Posterjack, the photographer whose image receives the most votes will be awarded with a voucher code for a 24"x36" poster print of their work.

All the rules and fine-print can be found in the original announcement post on the blogTO Flickr page. One thing to add, however, is that the voting period ends at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, after which the winner will be contacted with the good news.

For those photographers whose images are featured below, please feel free to give us a little information about your shot — i.e. where and when it was taken — in the comments section. Who knows? Maybe your description will sway voters in your favour!

Lead photo by syncros.

Street performer TorontoPhoto by Kat NLM.

High ParkPhoto by Matt Ruten.

Scarborough BluffsPhoto by Anna Reixach.

Paint Party TorontoPhoto by Black_Tux.

Flying KneePhoto by Hands Eye Photography

Don valley parkwayPhoto by AshtonPal.

Robert / September 13, 2013 at 08:25 am
Again, not trashing the artists, just offering my commentary on the curated selection portraying this great city.

For what it is worth, here are my picks from the same period (in order)

Only picking 4 as I choose #3, #5, and #6 before the selections came out.

"Street (84 of 106)" - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathan-mills/9140189370/in/pool-26909951@N00/lightbox/

"Mad Decent" - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jesseherzog/9510310707/in/pool-26909951@N00/lightbox/

"5 of a kind" - http://www.flickr.com/photos/69910321@N03/9722183031/in/pool-26909951@N00/lightbox/

"The Mexican Howard" - http://www.flickr.com/photos/41737671@N07/9715109708/in/pool-26909951@N00/lightbox/
Robert / September 13, 2013 at 08:25 am
Looks like Flickr is down at the moment. Hopefully its back up soon.

Does the BlogTO comment thread allow you to post photos directly, not just links?
alan / September 13, 2013 at 09:08 am
flickr is down for maintenance, but should be back up shortly...
Can't settle on a name / September 13, 2013 at 09:18 am
I don't think it does.
However, this is a pretty good week by BlogTO.

I wonder if your nudging helped.

And actual comment by Dereck (or whomever chooses the photos) on his selection process might be interesting.
Robert replying to a comment from Can't settle on a name / September 13, 2013 at 12:41 pm
Yeah I am surprised there hasn't been any comment from BlogTo as well, positive, negative or indifferent. Oh well.
Syncros / September 13, 2013 at 01:30 pm
I'm Syncros and I took the photo of the streetcars at rest. I appreciate Robert's alternative take on the week's best photos, they're always interesting too.

I took my photo as I cycled back from enjoying sunset on the Leslie St Spit. When I got to the yard it was that lovely period they call blue hour after sunset where the sky still has some colour and it mixes with the streetlights and the lights inside the streetcars. I braced myself against a lightpost across the street and waited for a moment without traffic to capture this scene.
Hoot / September 14, 2013 at 08:02 pm
Finally! A good set of photos of the week!