Friday, October 31, 2014Cloudy 6°C

Twitter reaction to the Rob Ford crack scandal

Posted by Staff / May 17, 2013

Rob Ford Twitter CrackAs you've likely heard — unless you've been living under an, ahem, rock — Mayor Rob Ford has been accused of being an actual crack user. It is alleged that a gang of drug dealers has video footage that could smudge the otherwise spotless reputation of our mayor. It has been reported that Gawker's editor, as well as two Toronto Star scribes, have seen said footage, and the video is now for sale. Needless to say, the Twitterati have had a field day with the story.

Here's a sample of the reaction, ladies and gents:

Rob Ford Smoking Crack / May 17, 2013 at 01:42 pm
Does Toronto have a robust enough internet infrastructure to handle the bandwidth when the actual smoking crack video surfaces?
iSkyscraper / May 17, 2013 at 01:44 pm
Never mind Twitter, Gawker is devoting their whole front page to Ford-related silliness, like a guide to his past insults and so on.

Whatever shred of reputation the city had left in the States is now long gone.
Picard102 replying to a comment from iSkyscraper / May 17, 2013 at 01:47 pm
You think people judge cities based on their mayors? Or just politicos?
Stan Smith replying to a comment from Picard102 / May 17, 2013 at 02:13 pm
According to this video they consider us all crack heads due to this story!

Pretty funny if you ask me
Stan Smith replying to a comment from Stan Smith / May 17, 2013 at 02:15 pm
Perfect quote from the video...

Karen replying to a comment from Stan Smith / May 17, 2013 at 02:21 pm
This is what I think too. The average Canadian voter isn't exactly endowed with critical thought.
4ChanApologist / May 17, 2013 at 02:30 pm
Assuming that these allegations turn out to be true, does anyone know if the city has legal grounds to remove a mayor (or other elected official) from office?

I've been searching the municipal code but can't seem to find any statutes relating to this.
AN ROCK / May 17, 2013 at 02:34 pm
I am an rock
Kyle replying to a comment from iSkyscraper / May 17, 2013 at 04:33 pm
Well, NY had Marion Barry.
GonzoC38 / May 17, 2013 at 04:50 pm
Wasn't Marion Barry DC mayor?
j-rock / May 17, 2013 at 05:10 pm
I need the video to be released before I bite on this. Even Rob Ford can't be that dumb.
W. K. Lis / May 17, 2013 at 05:11 pm
Cash? Small marked bills? Or will they accept a cheque or credit card?
Todd / May 17, 2013 at 05:13 pm
"Rob Ford smokes crack" - that headline totally defines an 'A-ha' moment !
Tom / May 17, 2013 at 08:14 pm
Just cause he was smoking from a glass pipe doesn't mean it was crack! You can smoke anything in a glass pipe weed, crack, tobacco, shisha, etc.
Rob Ford Smoking Crack / May 17, 2013 at 09:22 pm
@Tom

Oh yeah everybody goes to crack houses to smoke tobacco...
Bill / May 18, 2013 at 12:06 am
All this time I thought the people that voted for him were on crack...
volume13 / May 18, 2013 at 12:46 am
Everybody hates Rob Ford, even drug dealers.
Basel replying to a comment from 4ChanApologist / May 18, 2013 at 01:43 am
At this point, if the video turns up, might as well just wait for the election. It's not like anything constructive is going to get done while council or the courts argue about whether they can boot a mayor for crack smoking, and Rob can't get anything done anyway. Whether a video shows up, whether he stays or goes, this term was a write off ages ago.
NoFS / May 18, 2013 at 03:59 am
"If his smoking, drinking, fighting, bad driving, and colourful racial comments didn't bother Toronto voters, crack smoking probably wont either." Torontonian's are dum-a$$es, and should have gotten rid of this pork belly a long time ago. Why even put a guy who looks like he smells like pee and stale beer in office?
michele / May 18, 2013 at 06:11 am
I think this is cazy the news cant find a better story? A mayor should never have to put up with nonsence and always be accussed of things, which later he is aquitted of? Its like someone is trying to find things to pin on him. Its total disrespect, He is the most real mayor, he is himsel:-)f and not phony.
I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is needed to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog like yours
would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% certain.
Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate it
steve replying to a comment from michele / May 18, 2013 at 08:47 am
You missed that he has not been acquitted of wrong doings, he has been found and proven guilty on all the things that have come into the media and the courts. If the pattern continue he will end up being guilty of this too.
Lina / May 18, 2013 at 08:49 am
Mayor Rob Ford should have a drug test and should be mandatory for all elected officials
dan replying to a comment from Tom / May 18, 2013 at 05:23 pm
In the star and in Gawker they talk about him circling the lighter under the glass pipe.. essentially warming it up. Tobacco and weed you light the contents not simply heat it up.
dan replying to a comment from Tom / May 18, 2013 at 05:23 pm
Haven't movies taught you anything
Roxanne / May 18, 2013 at 08:37 pm
I get that we all want to see the video, but is paying $100 000 to a drug dealer really a good thing?
Ron / May 20, 2013 at 10:39 am
Can't wait to see what side Josh Matlow comes down on tomorrow to get the most attention. I now give my daughter a toy microphone when we go to Wonderland. If she ever gets lost in the park, I just tell Josh that she is in the park and would like an interview. He finds her within 2 minutes.
fuck me / July 17, 2013 at 02:49 pm
Remarkable! Its truly amazing post, I have got much clear idea concerning
from this paragraph.